Adriana "Rocket Queen" Smith's song for Axl

sword&tulipz

The girl who made the moaning sounds on Rocket Queen made a song for Axl Rose

You even dedicated a song from the album, "Come Find Me," to Axl Rose. How did that song take shape?

I have been trying to reach Axl directly for a really long time. He's got his own agenda and a lot of stuff going on in his life right now, especially the last 13 years with Chinese Democracy. With old friends coming in and out of the scene, I just don't know who to trust and who is passing my message along or not. The bottom line is that I have some amends to make to him and I wanted him to know that I still care about him and that my friendship hasn't faltered just because we haven't seen each other in years. He is still a really strong figure and a really important, inspiring person to me. I wrote that song so that perhaps it would reach him. With the internet and everything else today, your message goes farther, easier and perhaps he would stumble upon it. That is really why I wrote it. I have tried for years to get a message through and this is just another medium to do that. I like singing about things that are close to my heart and hopefully the song can inspire someone else to say their true feelings about someone too and to not be afraid.

http://www.live-metal.net/interviews_adrianasmith.html

Here is an interesting documentary about her as well:

Edited by sword&tulipz

The girl who made the moaning sounds on Rocket Queen made a song for Axl Rose

You even dedicated a song from the album, "Come Find Me," to Axl Rose. How did that song take shape?

I have been trying to reach Axl directly for a really long time. He's got his own agenda and a lot of stuff going on in his life right now, especially the last 13 years with Chinese Democracy. With old friends coming in and out of the scene, I just don't know who to trust and who is passing my message along or not. The bottom line is that I have some amends to make to him and I wanted him to know that I still care about him and that my friendship hasn't faltered just because we haven't seen each other in years. He is still a really strong figure and a really important, inspiring person to me. I wrote that song so that perhaps it would reach him. With the internet and everything else today, your message goes farther, easier and perhaps he would stumble upon it. That is really why I wrote it. I have tried for years to get a message through and this is just another medium to do that. I like singing about things that are close to my heart and hopefully the song can inspire someone else to say their true feelings about someone too and to not be afraid.

http://www.live-metal.net/interviews_adrianasmith.html

That song is just.. wow.

If someone makes a song like this as a medium to find me i will instantly get the fuck out of this planet after the first listen. Especially if it is some ancient one time fuck.

kind of psycho.

Bran silly question to ask but maybe you might know if she got any royalties for her umm...... contribution to Rocket Queen?

She got a bottle of whiskey.

i think it was just a fifth of jack wasnt it? sounds like she got a bad deal :lol: