What did you think of the latest Hunger Games?

Randy Lahey

I think they're only doing 3 movies all together, seeing as how there are only 3 books, though I could be mistaken.

The first one was good, but I thought it was over-hyped. The second one looks better but I have yet to see it.

The 'Running Man' comparison kind of makes sense, but it doesn't really since there were 3 Hunger Games books to begin with, and they obviously tell more than just a simple "kill to survive" storyline.

It's a decent franchise for what it is, though it may come off better than it deserves in the wake of Twilight. The Jennifer Lawrence phenom is fascinating, I can't recall anyone since DiCaprio who has ascended to superstardom quite so rapidly, while successfully balancing commercial viability and critical respect. She just won one of the early press awards for American Hustle, I hope she follows a similar path instead of burning out.

Yeah, it's crazy how fast she blew up. The first I ever even heard of her or saw her was in X-Men: First Class and after that she just took off.

She didn't "blow up" she just refuses to give in to Hollywood's obsession with thin actresses and instead maintains a healthy, normal weight!

:lol:

Decent movie. It didn't suck. I just didn't like the "mean face" at the end.

In the last book...Everyone that survived in District 12 is living in 13, underground. Gale builds something for the battle and somehow the sister dies because of it. Peeta is brain washed by the capital. He comes to his senses, they end up together. The END.