The Linguini Occurrence

April Lawton....she was in the 1970's band RAMATAM with Michael Pinera (Iron Butterfly) and Mitch Mitchell (Jimi Hendrix....saw them twice and she was amazing....google her or RAMATAM.........

also Susan Tedeschi is pretty good...she is married to Derek Trucks of the Allman Brothers Band.......

Edited by classicrawker

Definitely not Joan Jett, guitar is more of an accessory than an instrument in her case

I like the way she uses it as a prop, its an essential part of her stage presence which I suppose might make it an instrument in that respect anyway, but I digress.

Carrie Brownstein, I guess

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 2

You know what I mean?

kim gordon is a real guitar player, you know what i mean ?

:lol:

thanks for clearing that up. there are typos on all my Sonic Youth albums where they mistakenly list her as the bassist. She, Thurston, and Lee always did have an odd sense of humor. It would be just like them to not credit that actual bass player in the liners.

You know what I mean?

kim gordon is a real guitar player, you know what i mean ?

:lol:

thanks for clearing that up. there are typos on all my Sonic Youth albums where they mistakenly list her as the bassist. She, Thurston, and Lee always did have an odd sense of humor. It would be just like them to not credit that actual bass player in the liners.
sonic youth is dead.

nowadays kim gordon plays guitar in her new project called body/head: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body/Head

Danielle Haim

Danielle+Haim+Glastonbury+Festival+Day+2

Witness from 2.30 onwards... Not "the greatest" but she makes it howl, she rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRaaSSV90fY Let Me Go

Thanks for the share, I liked it/them. We could go on and on about how they don't "rock" enough, but in 2013/14, most don't. But I will say what I do like, here are 3 girls that are actually writting and playing REAL music. Thats makes them cool in my book.

Guest Len B'stard

I don't like the idea of womenfolk playing the guitar, it disturbs my understanding of the penis extension motif. You can't have women playing guitars, they'll stop cooking and cleaning and leave the children to starve in their cots as they cast aside their responsibilities, chain themselves to railings and burn their bras…pretty soon they'll've worked their wicked Eve-ian ways into other places they don't belong…like garages and voting booths.

I think western society needs to talk a good long look at themselves. Women guitar players i ask ya, whatever next.

CHILD: Daaaad, where's Mummy?

*forlorn male in frilly apron replies

DAD: Mummy belongs to rock n roll now, little Timmy.

Edited by sugaraylen

I don't like the idea of womenfolk playing the guitar, it disturbs my understanding of the penis extension motif. You can't have women playing guitars, they'll stop cooking and cleaning and leave the children to starve in their cots as they cast aside their responsibilities, chain themselves to railings and burn their braspretty soon they'll've worked their wicked Eve-ian ways into other places they don't belonglike garages and voting booths.

I think western society needs to talk a good long look at themselves. Women guitar players i ask ya, whatever next.

CHILD: Daaaad, where's Mummy?

*forlorn male in frilly apron replies

DAD: Mummy belongs to rock n roll now, little Timmy.

Not to mention the dearth of sandwiches and beers being opened.

Who else will take a well earned backhand from their doting husbands?