Slash, Steven & Duff

Hey Mark,

Thanks for this great interview:

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2012/04/22/legendary-rock-interview-with-guns-n-roses-insider-and-author-marc-canter/

You probably noticed on Hall of Fame gig how awesome they sound together, man, like a clockwork. Also, on “Watch This” and “Baby Can’t Drive”, with first drum beats and a cow bell you can tell, and how well it goes with Slash’s playing style. My questions is this:

Do these guys (Slash, Steven and Duff) realize that whatever they do (solo, collaborations, soundtracks etc) the output is at least 3x better if they do it together. I am not talking about GnR reunion and nostalgia act, but the future. What do you think -- why the fuck they don’t play together (not occasionally), but all the time?? What is stopping them, and do they realize it’s a path they chose – solo-solo acts are sort of regression in comparison.

Steven still has issues and is not very reliable but your are right Slash with Duff is better then them by there selfs. Maybe some day VR will get back together when they find the right frontman.

Do you think Slash is still interested in VR, or do you think he enjoys being solo more? Do you know if they are still putting any effort into finding a singer?

Matt said the Kings of Chaos are going to record an album.

Has he said if they are writing songs? KOC has been doing only covers. I don´t think they are gonna make a album with covers only

He said they were gonna tour Australia and record an album. Upon re-thinkin it, he probably means a Live album.

Steven still has issues and is not very reliable but your are right Slash with Duff is better then them by there selfs. Maybe some day VR will get back together when they find the right frontman.

To this day? Well, I know addicts are never really cured, as Ron Wood states in this documentary Tip of the Tongue “you take it one day at the time”, mind you if not for drugs it’s not a bad philosophy.

Yes VR with only Duff and Slash and they were that much better then Conspirators and Loaded, with all due respect. Just as well, 3 of them together would beat VR IMO.

Glenn Hughes would be a great VR frontman but I just read he's back to working with Jason Bonham on new music. Kings of Chaos sounds like it'll continue to be an ongoing thing in the summers. What about Donovan?

The weird thing is Scott and Glen look alike.

I would love to see Slash, Izzy, and Duff collaborate more. VR with Izzy's input would have been awesome.

Izzy didn´t stay because Slash and Duff wanted a singer in the band. So I don´t see Izzy joining them with another singer

My vote goes to Mark Lanegan for Velvet Revolver.

Never heard for him before but I like what I hear. This guy is sort of a cross in between Jim Morrison and Tom Waits lol…

Perhaps they’re best bet is to find someone like that: prolific, slightly under-appreciated /under radar, about the same age, solo artist…

Never heard for him before but I like what I hear. This guy is sort of a cross in between Jim Morrison and Tom Waits lol…

Perhaps they’re best bet is to find someone like that: prolific, slightly under-appreciated /under radar, about the same age, solo artist…

He's worked with Slash, he was the frontman for Screaming Trees, and he's a great (and prolific) songwriter.

Trouble is, he probably wouldn't want the job.

He's worked with Slash, he was the frontman for Screaming Trees, and he's a great (and prolific) songwriter.

Trouble is, he probably wouldn't want the job.

Yes very talented, and there are others of course.

If I were in their shoes, I would ask Mark for couple of those “Reserved” cards, and then put one on a drum kit, one on a bass and one on a guitar. As for the rest of the band… Snake-pit, Conspirators whatever. After all, the band consist of people, the rest are the props.