Police cleared in Mark Duggan shooting as jury record verdict of "lawful killing"

Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Who are these wallies dressed in silver foil that people post pictures of every so often?

It's a tinfoil hat to stop the government stealing your brainwaves. :lol:

Serious? :lol:

Sorry but that's a load of crap. If you suspect somebody is carrying a gun (with good reason in this case), identify yourself as armed police and tell them to freeze then what happens next is upto them. All it takes is a split second to pull a gun and if he chose to ignore an armed police officer under those circumstances then tough.

Spoken like a true Tory.

See, I don't believe that a police officer has any more right to live than a member of the public.

I do if that member of the public is carrying an illegal gun and fails to heed warnings from armed police. :shrugs:

• Like 1

So many heartless people... wow.

You mean like the drug dealing gangster who got himself shot? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

How did he get himself shot? He wasn't even armed and so wasn't an immediate threat.
Whose gun was it then?
  • Like 1

You mean like the drug dealing gangster who got himself shot? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

How did he get himself shot? He wasn't even armed and so wasn't an immediate threat.
Whose gun was it then?

He had a gun but he wasn't armed, it wasn't even on his person.
He had a gun. End of story.

Whose gun was it then?

Duggan was being investigated by the police as he was involved in gun crime and drugs, he was being watched as part of a police investigation. He was identified as a dangerous person, when police identified themselves to him he bolted from the cab and was later shot, the officer that shot him was convinced he saw him holding a gun. The gun in question was later found in the cab, just because he didn't have the gun on him at the time he was shot that does not mean he wasn't a dangerous person.

Duggan was being investigated by the police as he was involved in gun crime and drugs, he was being watched as part of a police investigation. He was identified as a dangerous person, when police identified themselves to him he bolted from the cab and was later shot, the officer that shot him was convinced he saw him holding a gun. The gun in question was later found in the cab, just because he didn't have the gun on him at the time he was shot that does not mean he wasn't a dangerous person.

*applauds* :thumbsup:

he would still be alive if he just put his hands up and lied on the ground. when a cop thinks your dangerous and has a gun pointed at you, running is the dumbest fucking thing you can do.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

he would still be alive if he just put his hands up and lied on the ground. when a cop thinks your dangerous and has a gun pointed at you, running is the dumbest fucking thing you can do.

Yeah.

But but police still planted evidence, and got away with it.

'just saying... Don't want a repeat of 2011.

Whose gun was it then?

What a bunch of bollocks, fact is that he didn't have a weapon on his person and so could have been restrained in another way. Two police officers against one man? "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight" - Mark Duggan had a gun but he didn't have it in that situation, on his person (that's the important part).

Not surprised some people think like you do though, there are some people in this world who justify killing someone because they do the dangerous thing of carrying skittles and a drink.

Edited by ***Flawless

It's all a conspiracy! You people make me laugh. It's not surprising though, you're guaranteed to come out of the woodwork as soon as something like this happens

I'm not saying a conspiracy, I'm just saying that shooting someone who was completely unarmed isn't right.

I think ADPT, Dazey and totts have it pretty much pinned down in this thread, it's hard to swallow, it seems wrong sure - but the officer in question did what any of us would of done, he was a dangerous person.

It's all a conspiracy! You people make me laugh. It's not surprising though, you're guaranteed to come out of the woodwork as soon as something like this happens

I'm not saying a conspiracy, I'm just saying that shooting someone who was completely unarmed isn't right.

I think ADPT, Dazey and totts have it pretty much pinned down in this thread, it's hard to swallow, it seems wrong sure - but the officer in question did what any of us would of done, he was a dangerous person.

He didn't have a weapon. Since he was already being investigated, they could have arrested him. If he had a gun on him, I'd get it, but he didn't.