Great albums from bands past their peak?

wasted

Santana- Supernatural............................................................he was pretty much given up for dead when he released this album

Peak positions[edit] Charts (1999) Peak
position UK Albums Chart[12] 1 US Billboard 200[13] 1 US Billboard Top Latin Albums[14] 1 Charts (2000) Peak
position Australian Albums Chart[15] 1 Austrian Albums Chart[16] 1 Belgian (Flanders) Albums Chart[17] 2 Belgian (Wallonia) Albums Chart[18] 2 Canadian Albums Chart[19] 1 Finnish Albums Chart[20] 2 French Albums Chart[21] 1 Italian Albums Chart[22] 1 New Zealand Albums Chart[23] 1 Norwegian Albums Chart[24] 1 Swedish Albums Chart[25] 1 Swiss Albums Chart[26] 1 Sales and certifications[edit] Region Certification Sales/shipments Argentina (CAPIF)[27] 2× Platinum 120,000x Australia (ARIA)[28] 4× Platinum 280,000^ Austria (IFPI Austria)[29] 2× Platinum 100,000x Belgium (BEA)[30] 2× Platinum 100,000* Brazil (ABPD)[31] Platinum 250,000* Canada (Music Canada)[32] Diamond 1,000,000^ Finland (Musiikkituottajat)[33] Platinum 50,291[33] France (SNEP)[34] 2× Platinum 1,010,000[35]* Germany (BVMI)[36] 2× Platinum 1,000,000^ Mexico (AMPROFON)[37] 2× Platinum 300,000^ Netherlands (NVPI)[38] 2× Platinum 200,000^ New Zealand (RMNZ)[39] 4× Platinum 60,000^ Poland (ZPAV)[40] Platinum 100,000* Spain (PROMUSICAE)[41] 3× Platinum 300,000^ Sweden (GLF)[42] Platinum 80,000^ Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)[43] 4× Platinum 200,000x United Kingdom (BPI)[44] 2× Platinum 600,000^ United States (RIAA)[45] 15× Platinum 15,000,000^ Summaries Europe (IFPI)[46] 6× Platinum 6,000,000*

*sales figures based on certification alone
^shipments figures based on certification alone
xunspecified figures based on certification alone

Edited by classicrawker

I liked some of the Martin stuff but is he worth a shit these days? I doubt it.

He is touring the US I think, but there's no way Tony and Geezer will have anything to do with him now.

In Iommi's book he pretty much only has bad things to say about Tony Martin, like how (basically) he had no stage presence and was amateurish...which is pretty valid I guess but in all fairness Martin did front his shitpiece Sabbath through those shittiest of times when nobody else would and also had the good grace to come back after being dumped like a hot turd for Dio a couple of times.

At least Tony Martin tried to do his own thing and was generally pretty creative, while nobody would know who he is unless he fronted BS he did keep them going too.

The thing with Tony (and Geezer) is that they never actually shitcan anybody in their band while they are in their band or to their faces, they are very non confrontational and the story changes accordingly to the tune of who is paying the bills.

Since Sharon now owns Black Sabbath (after bailing Iommi out of jail with $75,000) you will be pleased to discover that Tony, Ozzy and the gang were best of mates all along the way and Sabbath didn't even exist in the 80's up until 1997.

He is touring the US I think, but there's no way Tony and Geezer will have anything to do with him now.

In Iommi's book he pretty much only has bad things to say about Tony Martin, like how (basically) he had no stage presence and was amateurish...which is pretty valid I guess but in all fairness Martin did front his shitpiece Sabbath through those shittiest of times when nobody else would and also had the good grace to come back after being dumped like a hot turd for Dio a couple of times.

At least Tony Martin tried to do his own thing and was generally pretty creative, while nobody would know who he is unless he fronted BS he did keep them going too.

The thing with Tony (and Geezer) is that they never actually shitcan anybody in their band while they are in their band or to their faces, they are very non confrontational and the story changes accordingly to the tune of who is paying the bills.

Since Sharon now owns Black Sabbath (after bailing Iommi out of jail with $75,000) you will be pleased to discover that Tony, Ozzy and the gang were best of mates all along the way and Sabbath didn't even exist in the 80's up until 1997.

Source? Haven't seen anything about a US tour...would love to see him live.

This was the biggest problem I had with the reunion going into 13; I really don't like how some of the promotional stuff said shit like "the first Sabbath album in 35 years". I'm not saying Tony has to play the 80's material live, or even be proud of it for that matter, but he shouldn't pretend one of it ever happened.