Game of Thrones - Show and Book Discussion. (EPIC SPOILERS)

bran

I loved Feast For Crows, the new characters were a nice change of pace and really help set up the next phase of the story considering the War of the Five Kings is over. I'm on the second half of Dance with Dragons but got burnt out after reading all of them so close together, not sure when I will go back and finish it.
I had a tough time getting into Brienne's POV. Though her's would show how destructive the War of the Five Kings was to the small folk. Unlike most people I liked The Dorne and Iron Islands chapters. Two different groups of people seperated from Westeroes and therefore overlooked by the rest on the mainland yet they each plan something big.
this is why i did like brienne's chapters. even though their was some plodding, getting to see the destruction that was caused in the riverlands and the like was really cool and painted a really vivid picture. plus her kicking the brave companions ass (although losing nimble dick sucked i really liked him) also her getting part of her face bitten off by rorge was sick. plus the ending with uncat was crazy suspenseful. also meribalds speech was awesome.
Edited by bran

Arnold: I watched the first twenty minutes of the first episode and hated it. Did not understand the craze. Three months later my roommate promised me a six pack of beers if I watched the first season... by episode 3 I was hooked. It picks up slow, but it's worth it.

I didn't think season 3 was all that great, it had its moments, but I enjoyed S1 and S2 a lot more. I'll definitely rewatch S3 in prep for S4 though. Never read the books, so I am only guessing at what is really going on in this thread. Hopefully its talk of dragons, large scale warfare, and White Walkers tearing down the wall; we'll see I guess.

EDIT: On a side note, I randomly met someone who works in the visual effects department on GoT, he said he had seen 9 of the 10 episodes and he acknowledged that they are better than most of S3.

Edited by OmarBradley

Anyone watch the Vine clips? You see Stannis's men in action
yeah i cannot wait to see stannis kicking some serious ass, i felt the show kind of messed with his character a little, but i think him showing up at the wall kicking wildling ass will make amends, also in the trailer is that theon going to moat cailin?

yeah i cannot wait to see stannis kicking some serious ass, i felt the show kind of messed with his character a little, but i think him showing up at the wall kicking wildling ass will make amends, also in the trailer is that theon going to moat cailin?
Yeah, they made him more bad ass though. Nobody expected him to storm the walls of Kings Landing practically by himself. I wonder if they will have him do crazy things like that at The Wall?

I hope so because Theon going to Moat Cailin was one of my favorite parts. So much dark humor.

After season three I hope to see more Mel, they will probably have her get naked again. At least I hope so. :lol:

Yeah, they made him more bad ass though. Nobody expected him to storm the walls of Kings Landing practically by himself. I wonder if they will have him do crazy things like that at The Wall?

I hope so because Theon going to Moat Cailin was one of my favorite parts. So much dark humor.

After season three I hope to see more Mel, they will probably have her get naked again. At least I hope so. :lol:

:lol: theon at moat cailin was awesome, especially after theon tells them they will be fed and taken care of only to have ramsay kill them all.

I don't think we have to worry about a lack of tits with this series.

HBO tends to reduce the level of nudity as the series progress but it seems it hasn't slowed down as much with Game of Thrones

I've read that Oona Chaplin didn't want to do topless scenes but she was fine with showing her ass.

I am still shaken by her death. That was something book fans didn't see coming

:lol: theon at moat cailin was awesome, especially after theon tells them they will be fed and taken care of only to have ramsay kill them all.
I like when they left a dead guy to guard the entrance when Theon was brought up to discuss terms with the remaining Iron Men. Hopefully we get to see some more Crannogmen with their poisoned arrows and frog spears

Not to mention Roose telling Ramsay "Don't make me rue the day I've raped your mother

I don't think we have to worry about a lack of tits with this series.

HBO tends to reduce the level of nudity as the series progress but it seems it hasn't slowed down as much with Game of Thrones

I've read that Oona Chaplin didn't want to do topless scenes but she was fine with showing her ass.

I am still shaken by her death. That was something book fans didn't see coming

I like when they left a dead guy to guard the entrance when Theon was brought up to discuss terms with the remaining Iron Men. Hopefully we get to see some more Crannogmen with their poisoned arrows and frog spears

Not to mention Roose telling Ramsay "Don't make me rue the day I've raped your mother
that was beyond a creepy line :lol: .

Could do what we did with the Breaking Bad thread, one for discussion and one for predictions but in this case that one could be for spoiler discussion.

yeah that is a good idea.

is there a way to change the thread title? or does the mods have to do it? i would like this to be the spoiler discussion thread. i would then create one just for show discussion.

I am really starting to worry that the show will overtake the book.

I am afraid that is inevitable. I think GRRM thought he was going to finish yet he found himself stuck in The Winds of Winter. I have a feeling we will find out what the outcome of the Battle of the Ice and the Siege of Mereen before The Winds of Winter comes out.

Anyone catch the clip of The Red Viper fighting The Mountain? That is going to be fun and painful to watch.