Game of Thrones - Show and Book Discussion. (EPIC SPOILERS)

bran

I want to see dead Freys and Boltons.

im just hoping stannis kicks his ass in the battle on the ice, in the outset of the winds of winter. i think eventually the frey's are going to turn on eachother.

I think the Manderlys are going to jump the Freys and join with Stannis. Also Bolton has part of House Umbar in Winterfell which could turn on him. I am hoping The Wildlings will join in on the fun. They can scale the walls of Winterfell which should be nothing compared to The Wall which is 700 feet high.

I want to see dead Freys and Boltons.

im just hoping stannis kicks his ass in the battle on the ice, in the outset of the winds of winter. i think eventually the frey's are going to turn on eachother.

I think the Manderlys are going to jump the Freys and join with Stannis. Also Bolton has part of House Umbar in Winterfell which could turn on him. I am hoping The Wildlings will join in on the fun. They can scale the walls of Winterfell which should be nothing compared to The Wall which is 700 feet high.

yeah i agree. there is nothing to hold up the pro frey manderly charade anymore. wyman has his heir back, he already murdered 3 frey's and cooked them in pies and fed them to the boltons/freys and every other guest at winterfell. then he made the crack when they brought little walders body to the hall and hosteen frey accused manderly of the murder, wyman basically said it may be a blessing he died since he would have grown up a frey :lol: and was slashed across the throat.

plus the whole umber situation like you said. mors crowfood said no umber will fight umber, and i see no way if it comes down to blows the umbers fighting for bolton. i could see maybe hother umber dying in battle and his men rallying behind mors. plus stannis is an awesome and smart commander he is going to use some traps in the battle no doubt, what really came to my mind was at the end of ADWD how the fish on the lake were fished out and the lake looked like swiss cheese. i could see stannis using this to his advantage.

Edited by bran

And you know Ramsay's letter to Snow was bullshit. I wonder if Mance is even captured? I could hope to see Stannis and Mance making an uneasy truce.

Stannis seems to be moving away from The Red God. I think he lost faith in him after Blackwater. Now his army is growing and his men are actually loyal to him. He is a true soldier.

You've read the Theon CHapter from TWOW, right?

yeah i read the theon chapter. i was happy to see aenys frey break his neck :lol:

Ser Stupid and Lord Too-Fat-To-Sit-a-Horse.

I really hope that Theon doesn't get executed.

yeah i hope the same, the ending is scary and it seems like bran to me anyway was trying to communicate with theon with the ravens squawking the tree over and over followed by theon. plus do you think martin would release a sample chapter that basically gives away a potential character death?

Who's death? Theon? Asha will probably rescue him. But here's the thing, while Stannis is getting ready for an all or nothing battle with the Bastard of Bolton, he sends his knight to Braavos to buy an army to make an assault on King's Landing. I wonder what sellswords he will find? Many of them are battling Dany in Mereen. The Golden Company has invaded Westeros lead by the supposed Aegon VI. And what will Stannis do when he finds out that Aegon lives? It pretty much means the end of Dany's claim to the throne.

Who's death? Theon? Asha will probably rescue him. But here's the thing, while Stannis is getting ready for an all or nothing battle with the Bastard of Bolton, he sends his knight to Braavos to buy an army to make an assault on King's Landing. I wonder what sellswords he will find? Many of them are battling Dany in Mereen. The Golden Company has invaded Westeros lead by the supposed Aegon VI. And what will Stannis do when he finds out that Aegon lives? It pretty much means the end of Dany's claim to the throne.

a lot of questions that need to be answered and a lot of knots to untangle, i still think their is going to be an eighth book to finish this thing :lol:

Yeah, I can't see this ending after 7 books. Maybe Martin will finally get his "five years later". I mean Robb Stark being king at 15 is believable since such a thing has occured during The Middle Ages, but Lord Commander at 16? No. Or an 11 year old assassin.

He even hints it here

http://www.hypable.com/2013/11/04/game-of-thrones-winds-of-winter-release-date-author-interview/

Yeah, I can't see this ending after 7 books. Maybe Martin will finally get his "five years later". I mean Robb Stark being king at 15 is believable since such a thing has occured during The Middle Ages, but Lord Commander at 16? No. Or an 11 year old assassin.

He even hints it here

http://www.hypable.com/2013/11/04/game-of-thrones-winds-of-winter-release-date-author-interview/

it will be weird having this whole "long night" stuff and a generation winter built up from book 1 and then have one that lasts like 8 months :lol:

as for the assassin i would have agreed until i started reading in the news how mexican drug cartels were hiring 13 and 14 year olds to kill people because children are not likely to bee seen as a threat.

as for lord commander's wasnt there a boy commander or something at one time? jon being lord commander at 16 is kind of hard to believe, i know he did a good job defending the wall and all but there were more seasoned fighters that had been their longer than jon who should have command maybe someone like cotter pyke.

the 5 year skip would have been ideal but the way martin wrote the storylines it would have been insanely hard to do, but i think he could still do a time jump if he can wrap up certain parts, of certain storylines. maybe jump a couple years for ADOS or whatever will be the 2nd book if does take 3.

He originally wanted to do a five year jump after A Storm of Swords, but that didn't work out. He also intended the third book to be the last book but he ended up writing A Storm of Swords which turned out to screw up his five year jump and the result was a book split in two, A Feast for Crows and a Dance with Dragons. I think the saga will never be completed. Maybe that is what he intends?

He originally wanted to do a five year jump after A Storm of Swords, but that didn't work out. He also intended the third book to be the last book but he ended up writing A Storm of Swords which turned out to screw up his five year jump and the result was a book split in two, A Feast for Crows and a Dance with Dragons. I think the saga will never be completed. Maybe that is what he intends?

no clue, i just wish he would go the robert jordan/brandon sanderson route and write down huge amounts of notes, pages and pages of them detailing how everything wraps up so if something happens to martin a talented writer could finish the story in a respectable way. from reading a lot of fans thoughts on this over the course of a couple of years most ASOIAF fans think there will be 3 more books.

just think how many pages is going to encompass the battle in the ice, and the battle of slavers bay, based on what people have said who were in person to hear martin read (i think it was a couple of barristan chapters or one might have been a barristan and tyrion chapter) there is still going to be some build up to the battle of slavers bay, then you have the battle along with stannis vs the boltons. that isnt even taking into account all the other stuff. bran and blood raven, cersei and her shit. jaime/brienne and lady stoneheart. the things going on with sansa and LF. joncon and aegon, the situation in dorne, the stuff going on the wall and the answer is jon dead.

you kind of have to wrap this stuff up just to have the ability to set yourself up with an ending. I still think martin is going to need another book to tie things up leading into a dream of spring. A dance with dragons is what 3 years old now? if he can get the winds of winter at the end of this year or early next, i think he could do 2 more books, but if it continues to drag, it would suck if something happened and the book readers have to rely on a show to finish the story, especially when the show has gone off from the books from time to time, so we might get some hint what martin had planned but who knows if it would be martin's true vision.

Sansa is definitley being set up for something. I think she will become Lady of the Vale, which would in effect give her one of the largest armies in Westeroes after The Reach since The Lannister army has suffered losses and The North has been decimated. The Vale hasn't been touched.

Oh can't wait for Victarion's surprise attack. The Ironborn are going to fuck so much shit up. You think the Dothraki will finally joiny Dany now they see she has a fucking dragon?

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Sansa is definitley being set up for something. I think she will become Lady of the Vale, which would in effect give her one of the largest armies in Westeroes after The Reach since The Lannister army has suffered losses and The North has been decimated. The Vale hasn't been touched.

Oh can't wait for Victarion's surprise attack. The Ironborn are going to fuck so much shit up. You think the Dothraki will finally joiny Dany now they see she has a fucking dragon?

dothraki value strength and what is stronger than a big fucking dragon raining down fire on people :lol:

and riding a dragon is so much more impressive than riding a horse.

And if Aegon can ride, that means he is a Targaryan. Unless he is a long lost Blackfyre. But Stannis also has the blood of Old Valyria in him but I am not sure if he can ride a dragon.

a lot of people think aegon is the son of illyrio and his wife serra. a lot of people think serra was a blackfyre.

and riding a dragon is so much more impressive than riding a horse.

And if Aegon can ride, that means he is a Targaryan. Unless he is a long lost Blackfyre. But Stannis also has the blood of Old Valyria in him but I am not sure if he can ride a dragon.

a lot of people think aegon is the son of illyrio and his wife serra. a lot of people think serra was a blackfyre.

We may never know. You've read the Arianne chapter, right?

I really hope they cast her well.

The show hasn't disappointed with the casting of hot girls. Too bad they casted a butch and called her Yara instead of Asha. Why change her name?

The Sand Snakes would be very pleasing to male viewers and to some female viewers.

they said they didnt want to confuse show watchers having an osha and an asha. it was kind of weird to me, even weirder the whole "i will go and save my brother from the dreadfort!" :lol:

The show hasn't disappointed with the casting of hot girls. Too bad they casted a butch and called her Yara instead of Asha. Why change her name?

The Sand Snakes would be very pleasing to male viewers and to some female viewers.

they said they didnt want to confuse show watchers having an osha and an asha. it was kind of weird to me, even weirder the whole "i will go and save my brother from the dreadfort!" :lol:

Which disappoints me because that Deepwood Motte chapter is one of my favorites. She gets the shit fucked out of her, then Stannis and his Wildlings arrive and take over.

Which disappoints me because that Deepwood Motte chapter is one of my favorites. She gets the shit fucked out of her, then Stannis and his Wildlings arrive and take over.

she gets the shit fucked out of her like twice :lol: the end battle was pretty cool as well, until she was hit in the head with an axe and knocked out :lol: