Game of Thrones - Show and Book Discussion. (EPIC SPOILERS)

bran

Nah trying to keep myself free of spoilers but it is tempting.

It seems like there is still so much to cover over only two books, our only hope that the series doesn't overtake the book is if they keep splitting up the seasons. I can easily see AFFC and ADWD being split up into three seasons as they will have to combined for the series. That will realistically give GRRM two years to get TWOW out and not have the series overtake it.

Nah trying to keep myself free of spoilers but it is tempting.

It seems like there is still so much to cover over only two books, our only hope that the series doesn't overtake the book is if they keep splitting up the seasons. I can easily see AFFC and ADWD being split up into three seasons as they will have to combined for the series. That will realistically give GRRM two years to get TWOW out and not have the series overtake it.

It's HBO. They will never let this go more than 6 or 7 seasons.

The chapters offer minor spoilers. And it relieves some of the blue balls you get from the 20 cliffhangers ADWD gave you.

Well they will have to if they want to stay faithful to the books, even if we simplify things it will go on longer.

Season 4: ASOS part 2

Season 5: AFFC

Season 6: ADWD

Season 7: TWOW

Season 8: ADOS

You can't really do AFFC as a standalone season so that will be combined with ADWD and spread over at least seasons five and six so that takes us up to at least 8.

Bran I would put in the title on this thread that there will be heavy spoiler discussion :)

Edited by Tater Totts

Yeah which is why it makes sense to combine them over two series, AFFC and first third(ish) of ADWD happened at the same time and then they converge so that the timelines match up for the rest of ADWD. Can't really see them doing a series focusing on only Dorne, the Iron Islands, Brienne, Jamie, Cersei, Sam and the two Stark girls.

hizdahr has been cast for season 4, but nothing on arianne, euron crow's eye or victarion. i think this season we will see a little stuff from AFFC and ADWD. i mean they kind of have to give dany something to do, since by the end of a storm of swords her plot arc to that point is complete. she sets up in meereen and kicks jorah out. also have to give something for theon to do as well, so we will probably see him go to moat cailin(which is somewhat confirmed in the trailer)

as for the books, i really find it hard to believe martin can wrap this whole story up in 2 books. i just wish martin would do what robert jordan did with the wheel of time series. write huge detail notes on how the story will end, so some other talented writer could finish the story so we could get the ending even if it takes 3 more books or more.

Lannisters are not the only house that pays his debts. Well for those who are up to date on their reading, House Martell takes their time to pay debts.

the martells paid the mountain and then some :lol: qyburn is one my favorites from the book the guy is fucking nuts.

Edited by bran

Yeah not really sure why Jamie is back already but thankfully that means we won't have to watch Jamie and Cersei fucking next to Joffrey's corpse, that never sat quite right with me in the book.

So I think we all know that the Battle for the Wall will be the big set piece this season and take place in episode 9 as all the major events have (Ned's death, Blackwater and Red Wedding).

How early will we see the Purple Wedding? I think episode 3.

Just checked and yeah he is, guess it is too much for them to open the season with that :lol:

could you imagine what people would be saying if they killed joffery in the first episode :lol:

they do have to kill him quick though, to make time for all the stuff with the red viper, tyrion's trial the battle for castle black etc. this is going to be an awesome season i cannot wait.

Would The Battle at the Wall take place at 9? Maybe sooner. I can see this season revolving around Tyrion's trial, and build up to the battle

the rumor going around was the episode title for 9 was castle black. it was on a couple of sites but has been taken down. i think episode 10 will be a lot better than most episode 10's i think we may get some lady stoneheart to close the season.

Yeah episode 9 is usually the big event of each season so it is rumuored that the fight at Castle Black will take place there as it fits into that theme.

hopefully episode 10 will conclude with the epilogue to a storm of swords and has lady stoneheart hanging some frey's.