Game of Thrones - Show and Book Discussion. (EPIC SPOILERS)

bran

Pumped.

I believe you were reading A Feast For Crows? Of all the books I've read, I regard it as the least gripping.

Too many new character POV, some that just appear once and never again. Jaime's POV is worth reading. A Dance with Dragons picks it up, only problem is that the followup is taking forever

Looks like they are gearing us up for an exciting season. Have to after what happened last season

I loved Feast For Crows, the new characters were a nice change of pace and really help set up the next phase of the story considering the War of the Five Kings is over. I'm on the second half of Dance with Dragons but got burnt out after reading all of them so close together, not sure when I will go back and finish it.

I loved Feast For Crows, the new characters were a nice change of pace and really help set up the next phase of the story considering the War of the Five Kings is over. I'm on the second half of Dance with Dragons but got burnt out after reading all of them so close together, not sure when I will go back and finish it.
I had a tough time getting into Brienne's POV. Though her's would show how destructive the War of the Five Kings was to the small folk. Unlike most people I liked The Dorne and Iron Islands chapters. Two different groups of people seperated from Westeroes and therefore overlooked by the rest on the mainland yet they each plan something big.

I was just thankful there was no Dany, can't stand her!
Her POV chapters become obnoxious in ADWD. She had so much potential then she turned out to be another teenage girl or more like her brother Viserys and her father. Oddly enough the show has portrayed her as such as early as season two

Her POV chapters become obnoxious in ADWD. She had so much potential then she turned out to be another teenage girl or more like her brother Viserys and her father. Oddly enough the show has portrayed her as such as early as season two
Every time I try and finish ADWD I get to a Dany chapter, struggle through it and put the book down afterwards. Can't be dealing with her shit!

Coma they're releasing the full length trailer tonight.

Every time I try and finish ADWD I get to a Dany chapter, struggle through it and put the book down afterwards. Can't be dealing with her shit!

Coma they're releasing the full length trailer tonight.During True Detective or does the show start tonight?

Coma they're releasing the full length trailer tonight.During True Detective or does the show start tonight?

During True Detective I believe, show doesn't start until April :)

Coma they're releasing the full length trailer tonight.

During True Detective or does the show start tonight?

During True Detective I believe, show doesn't start until April :)

I think before it. Either way I will watch it.

Pumped.

I believe you were reading A Feast For Crows? Of all the books I've read, I regard it as the least gripping.

i have read all the books, i was just doing my usual rereading of the series.

i really like AFFC but their is some plodding, especially in the brienne chapters, although i do like nimble dick and the meeting with the brave companions, and lady stoneheart near the end was awesome. i just hope ser hyle is still alive. i love the stuff going on in dorne, and the iron islands during AFFC. cannot wait for the winds of winter
Edited by bran
  • Like 1