Game of Thrones - Show and Book Discussion. (EPIC SPOILERS)

bran

Predicting we start to see more and more diversions from the book as the series continues, especially if the books don't come out in time.

i think it will divert even worse if there is a 8th book. i think the show would probably be over by the time the final book came out. i kind of hope they do divert so that way we the book readers do not get the conclusion ruined for us. if not i probably will not watch the show.

The show hasn't disappointed with the casting of hot girls. Too bad they casted a butch and called her Yara instead of Asha. Why change her name?

I actually believe they made Arya too pretty.

I also hate the casting of Mance Rayder.

Predicting we start to see more and more diversions from the book as the series continues, especially if the books don't come out in time.

Disagree. This isn't the same animal as the Walking Dead. Think HBO has talked to Martin a bunch.

There is still much material after the RW they can use - also, they can "go back" and tell a few stories.

I don't think they will go ahead of Martin.

Edited by SunnyDRE

The show hasn't disappointed with the casting of hot girls. Too bad they casted a butch and called her Yara instead of Asha. Why change her name?

I predicted the casting of Mance. Many think Hinds is too old but I think he is the right age. Mance has to be in his 50's.

Yeah, Arya is suppose to be ugly but that is what she see's herself. Didn't someone said she was beautiful? Maybe she got better with age. The actress certainly will.

I predicted the casting of Mance. Many think Hinds is too old but I think he is the right age. Mance has to be in his 50's.

Yeah, Arya is suppose to be ugly but that is what she see's herself. Didn't someone said she was beautiful? Maybe she got better with age. The actress certainly will.

people say in the book that arya looked like lyanna and lyanna was said to be quite beautiful.

^

Was she beautiful? What I recall is people saying how much like a tomboy Lyanna was.

ser barristan said in ADWD that lyanna had a "wild beauty" about her something along those lines. rhaegar gave her the wreath of blue flowers at the tournament in harrenhal naming her the the queen of beauty. also robert said she was beautiful and ned the same( i know it is her brother but it was his POV so you get what he is thinking and he felt she was honestly beautiful, not just something a brother thinks about a younger sibling just to be nice)

i think the whole arya being ugly thing is just that she is a tomboy that is usually dirty and filthy, and unkempt. i think some of the whole arya being ugly thing is from that and it is why people like jeyne poole would make fun of her since they were always the well dressed, "beautiful" types that whole existence was to be wed to some lord. i think arya believed them and had her own issues with it IMO.

First of all, I haven't read most of this this thread. So if I bring up something that has been talked about...forgive me...please

What do you guys think of the of re-casting of Daario Naharis?

I had no problem with the guy who was playing him and thought he did a decent job.

*I've read all the books*

First of all, I haven't read most of this this thread. So if I bring up something that has been talked about...forgive me...please

What do you guys think of the of re-casting of Daario Naharis?

I had no problem with the guy who was playing him and thought he did a decent job.

*I've read all the books*

i agree i thought he did a good job as well, the new guy i guess from what people have said is that he is a good actor, but can he pull of daario? time will tell i guess but i think it is going to throw some people through a loop :lol:

^

Was she beautiful? What I recall is people saying how much like a tomboy Lyanna was.

ser barristan said in ADWD that lyanna had a "wild beauty" about her something along those lines. rhaegar gave her the wreath of blue flowers at the tournament in harrenhal naming her the the queen of beauty. also robert said she was beautiful and ned the same( i know it is her brother but it was his POV so you get what he is thinking and he felt she was honestly beautiful, not just something a brother thinks about a younger sibling just to be nice)

i think the whole arya being ugly thing is just that she is a tomboy that is usually dirty and filthy, and unkempt. i think some of the whole arya being ugly thing is from that and it is why people like jeyne poole would make fun of her since they were always the well dressed, "beautiful" types that whole existence was to be wed to some lord. i think arya believed them and had her own issues with it IMO.

^

With Arya......how do I explain this. Look at the Starks. "Manly features" and Ayra is suppose to have those according to the books I read. I didn't want her to be ugly, but I did think she should be fairly "average"...I'm nitpicking, but isn't that what this thread is for.

I like the actress that is playing her and thinks she has done a wonderful job, but I would cast someone else on re-cast.

None of the actors really look their parts except for maybe Sansa, Dany and Cersei. Tyrion is suppose to be uglier and shorter than Peter Dinklage. Ned Stark and all of his generation are in their mid 30's. I know they aged up the younger characters so they won't get in trouble. I don't think they could get away with Drogo banging a 13 year old girl.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Surprised nobody bumped this thread as it has to be one of the best shows on TV IMHO....Thought the last episode was epic.........don't want to spoil it for anyone who did not see the last episode but an important character was killed off....

Anyone who has read the books and watches the show give me an idea what book they are up to on the show? I read it is about the middle of book 3? I have the first 4 but have not had a chance to start reading them and they are so long I would like to start reading the book that mirrors this season.......any info appreciated..........

Edited by classicrawker

Surprised nobody bumped this thread as it has to be one of the best shows on TV IMHO....Thought the last episode was epic.........don't want to spoil it for anyone who did not see the last episode but an important character was killed off....

Anyone who has read the books and watches the show give me an idea what book they are up to on the show? I read it is about the middle of book 3? I have the first 4 but have not had a chance to start reading them and they are so long I would like to start reading the book that mirrors this season.......any info appreciated..........

We have a thread here http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/204984-game-of-thrones-season-4-discussion/page-12

I think this thread was intended more for future spoilers but we've been good in the other thread with those.

We have a thread here http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/204984-game-of-thrones-season-4-discussion/page-12

I think this thread was intended more for future spoilers but we've been good in the other thread with those.

Sorry Totts guess I got lazy since the view new content button does not work for me anymore.going to have to start reading book 3 then and backtrack later to the first two.........

yeah i kind of let this one die since no new book is on the horizon any time soon, and there are a lot of people in different stages of reading, so i don't want them to be spoiled by anything unless they wanted to.

Can someone list some of the main characters and where they are at in the show in relation to the book arcs?

Also is Stannis supposed to reach the Wall this season?

bran/theon arcs for this book ended last season.

the rest of the characters are basically where they should be, but my memory is really fuzzy.

BOOK SPOILER:

yes stannis reaches the wall this season, near the end probably