Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

I think he should finish it at his own pace. Fuck HBO.

As long as D+D keep writing rubbish I dont think we will have to worry about too many things being spoiled, plus i could see GRRM rewriting stuff to change it up as well.

Season 5 is when I started to think D&D and their college interns are making shit up. GRRM tells them enough to get to that ending, but I wouldn't put it pass him to change it.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George implied that the Night's King of the show is not the Night's King that is mentioned in one of Old Nan's stories (meaning he might not even still be around) a while back and they're circling back to AFFC material for certain characters, where as others are completely different characters to their book name sakes. I'm not sure how much will/won't be spoiled next season, outside of whether Jon lives/dies or his parents.

Also it's it's a story about multiple characters. What happens to the Iron Throne, isn't as important as how each character's story ends.

I'm expecting a purge of some of our favorite secondary characters of the books next season, who'll definitely end up if different places in the book :(.

Edited by AtariLegend

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the chapters that were wrote years ago including the Arya/Sansa preview ones from "The Wind of Winter" were wrote years ago after "A Storrn of Swords" when he originally intended their to be a 5 year gap for the characters to grow. He thought it created narrative problems if you just skipped to well 5 years later, so he abandoned it. Thus began the gaps between the 3rd and 4th/5th book.

It makes sense for the Stark kids to be older as the show goes on, it doesn't make much sense though to age up Tommem just so they could write in Natalie Dormer sex scenes. Tommem is supposed to be a child who hasn't gone through puberty and doesn't really understand what's going on and she's supposed to be on a 3rd marriage to a king despite never consummating any of them.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

Here's a fan rendition of a speech from one of the early TWOW preview chapters. Obviously minor SPOILERS.

Oh and in the chapter it actually finishes after he says "spear wall", the final line was added in by the guy who made the video.

I do think Selmy will die in TWOW unfortunately, however it'll be a bit more glorious.

Edited by AtariLegend

I wouldn't mind, but he wasn't even cutting with the sword, he was just bashing people with it!

That is how they think sword fighting is. Bashing instead of cutting. Don't they know that fucks up the blade?

Medieval long swords were meant for stabbing and cutting. None of that sword sex. That is Hollywood fantasy.

Not to mention that he really takes initiative and becomes the fucking man when Dany goes on her dragon vacation at the end of Dance.

barristan selmy wont go out like some punk bitch like he did in the show he will go out in epic fashion. that speech in TWOW sample chapter is badass.

I saw a news headline on social media that 3 short teasers for S6 have been released. I'm still upholding my moratorium on all materials S6 related and the season itself until I've read TWoW, so that's why I'm not including links with this post. Just letting you guys know and giving this a bump. :P

I saw a news headline on social media that 3 short teasers for S6 have been released. I'm still upholding my moratorium on all materials S6 related and the season itself until I've read TWoW, so that's why I'm not including links with this post. Just letting you guys know and giving this a bump. :P

Is that why no predictions thread :P?

It doesn't matter whether you wait for the book or not. The show hasn't been following the book since season 2.

There have been many many many things the show has done which were still in Storm, Feast, and Dance though. I disagree that the show doesn't follow the books, I think it absolutely does (up until S6 at least). Yes there are quite a few changes, but you still have the majority of major story events/items occurring in the show. Sometimes they happen differently, to different characters, or at a different time, but I still stand my by view. The biggest difference in terms of large scale changes in books vs. show IMO is the Essos stuff that's happening in Dance. I saw seasons 1-5, then read the books. I saw nearly every major plot point coming - I don't want that experience for TWoW.

I don't recall Sansa ever going to Winterfell and marrying Ramsey...the show is off course now. The hack writers are pulling it out of their asses now.

Agreed that they're off course and coming up with rubbish, but there are still many major Feast/Dance plot points in S5: Jon does get stabbed a bunch of times, Cersei has her flashback and is arrested by the Sparrows, Stannis gets stuck in the snow and heads towards Winterfell, Sam leaves to become a maester, etc.. I'd agree S5 had the least book to show match up compared to any previous season.

Edited by OmarBradley

I'm actually surprised that Bronn survived the season. I think it's just down to his popularity.

Bronn has this slightly amusing subplot in the books that no matter what happens or who plans to kill him, he ends up in a better position each time. It mostly happens off page though.

I refuse to believe Stannis ends the way he did.

I'm still convinced if Melisandre burns Shireen in TWOW, it won't be Stannis's call.

• Like 1