Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the book Stannis is much smarter than show Stannis. George is building up to something with Davos and the Manderley's, Stannis's alliances with the Hill Tribes and what was left of the Umber, Grover and Mormont houses who's fellow members are also serving the Boltons uneasily. We are just waiting for the whole thing to come together. In the show, Stannis just sets his kid on fire and just waltz into a Bolton cavalry charge like a retard. 

Basically, what happened in the show made absolutely no sense.

• Like 2

I think that's the thing about the battle that's supposed to happen and part of the intrigue. Half of Stannis and Rooses allies are actually potentially on the side of the people they're actually suppose to be fighting against. So you have the great build up-to not knowing whos on who's side and who will change sides for those actually remember what was going towards the end of ADWD.

Edited by AtariLegend

If you mean the Theon chapter, George said it takes places prior to the end of ADWD. Both the battle of ice (Stannis vs. Roose) and the siege of Meereen take place prior to the final chapters in the book. The chapters containing the battles and pay off for ADWD for anyone that doesn't remember got moved to the start of TWOW because the editor told George the book was too long/too big to bind (US Version). So George moved one of the battles (presumable Stannis storyline to the next book) along with some other non related POV character chapters, then the editor forced him to move the 2nd as well (presumably the culmination of the Meereen arc including Baristan, Tryion and Victarion). It was all wrote years ago :(. Still waiting.

So we still don't know for sure, even though we can guess.

In the UK for reference ASOS and ADWD are sold in 2 halves, so there's no issue here with book length. He said TWOW would be a long book years ago too.

Edited by AtariLegend

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Same here. I'm excited about McShane being a part of this. One of my favorite actors and I actually liked season 5.

I'm not watching the trailer because I'm not watching the show, because I'd rather read the material first, rather than see Dumb + Dumber botch it on TV.

I am thrilled about McShane though, as he's a great actor. Looking forward to seeing it after I read TWOW.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I'm not watching the trailer because I'm not watching the show, because I'd rather read the material first, rather than see Dumb + Dumber botch it on TV.

I am thrilled about McShane though, as he's a great actor. Looking forward to seeing it after I read TWOW.

I wanted to do that too, but God knows how long I'll have to wait... so nah, just watching it already. I forget details anyway, will have to read all the books again when TWOW comes out and then the fuck ups of  D&D will slip my mind... until I have to watch another season

George responded to a fan question that ADOS (the final book) would only beat the show if it ran 10 seasons which would be 2020. So he's optimistic, but he's been before.

I don't think the show will spoil as much of the book as people are thinking. Danny's story may be vaguely similar to what's intended, but her ADWD arc was already vague. Sansa/Arya/Theon are obviously different just from the trailers, it's not going in the direction of the released chapters.

Jamie's doing a mix of original (probably Dorne level bad) and AFFC material.

Euron (AFFC material) doesn't even have his eye patch and we don't even know who's playing Aeron (which means he probably has a small role).

Tyrion stopped being book Tyrion in season 4.

Ariane/Jon Connighton don't exist in the show.

Brienne in the show favors revenge and stupidity over honor/justice.

Sam's more concerned with getting laid and protecting a baby who doesn't seem to be ageing despite years going by for the other characters, than he is with helping the Night's Watch (which is part of the reason Jon sends him away in the books).

Davos is a victim of bad original material (though the actor Liam Cunnigham who plays him doesn't seem to like people who read books).

Melisandre just gets naked every season.

Ceseri has been re-written as a feminist instead of a villain.

...And those are just the POV characters :(.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2