Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

I don't get why they bring back Osha just to kill her off. Why not kill her off screen and just have Rickon come in? Is it just to show the audience how bad the one dimentional villain is? As if spending a season torturing Theon, having him flay Ironborn, raping Sansa, killing his father, having his step mother and infant half brother eaten by dogs was not enough. We get, he is a bad mother fucker. I predict he will get a satisfying death and the camera will just linger on his lifeless face like they did with Joffery and Olly. Why do they do that? So the bros can paws it and give them the finger? Tea bag the TV/phone screen or monitor? What gives? 

Best episode of the season yet but not saying much. Dany goes psycho and Emilia forgoes her no nudity claus. That didn't last long.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I am also calling it. Tyrion is fucked. He is in way over his head. By the way, where's Bronn?

I'm not sure what happens to Tyrion. He's in a curious position, because he seems to be out of plot armour/story. That said, it's beyond bad if show Tyrion Essos adventures end with him getting killed off.

I think though the events in Slaver's Bay are just slowly heading towards the same thing that happens at the end of the book/start of TWOW.

Edited by AtariLegend

Apparently so. Only throw in Sansa/Rickon instead of Asha/Theon. Probably replace the mountain clans with the wildlings.

I'm going out on the limb, but probably remove the mystery of who's on which side and obviously the Mance sub plot.

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

That's it what it looks like. Same reason why they killed off Selmy so Tyrion can save Mereen in Dany's absence. 

Spoiler

Yara instead of Victarion too.

I don't think it's going to be much of a battle though, I don't think the show has the budget for more than 1 battle.

Edited by AtariLegend

48 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

You mean Asha. 

Don't confuse non readers.

D/D don't trust the audience to remember names that are similar. That's why last season they changed Arya's name in Bravos from Cat to Lyanna... incase you confused Arya with Caitlyn.

7 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Apparently so. Only throw in Sansa/Rickon instead of Asha/Theon. Probably replace the mountain clans with the wildlings.

I'm going out on the limb, but probably remove the mystery of who's on which side and obviously the Mance sub plot.

I read Ashba instead of Asha :lol:

That guy made permanent damage to my poor brain.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NachoLZ said:

When Jon was supporting Stannis, didnt he know that Sansa was married to Ramsay? Because supporting someone that is invading Winterfell could be dangerous to Sansa due to being there.

In the book, Jon is under the impression Ramsay is married to Arya (it's actually Jeyne Poole). Which is part of Jon's motivation (along with the Red wedding) for helping Stannis with planning and advice. Jon struggles with his vows. When Jon get's the letter from Ramsay demanding his bride back (along with many other claims/that may or may not be true) he finally decides to ride south against Ramsay with the Wildling's volunteering while Tormund is given the task of leading the Night's Watch to Hardhome, that's why he get's stabbed.

In the show once Jon is told Sansa is married to Ramsay, he thinks about it for 30 seconds.... then never again.

5 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

In the book, Jon is under the impression Ramsay is married to Arya (it's actually Jeyne Poole). Which is part of Jon's motivation (along with the Red wedding) for helping Stannis with planning and advice. Jon struggles with his vows. When Jon get's the letter from Ramsay demanding his bride back (along with many other claims/that may or may not be true) he finally decides to ride south against Ramsay with the Wildling's volunteering while Tormund is given the task of leading the Night's Watch to Hardhome, that's why he get's stabbed.

In the show once Jon is told Sansa is married to Ramsay, he thinks about it for 30 seconds.... then never again.

Damn, the show events are much more stripped down book events than I thought.

21 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

Damn, the show events are much more stripped down book events than I thought.

Even Cliff Notes would give a better summery.

Sansa at the time in the books is still in the Vale. Littlefinger is going to set her up with someone who would put her in line for Lady of the Vale. Then she will have an army...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Even Cliff Notes would give a better summery.

Sansa at the time in the books is still in the Vale. Littlefinger is going to set her up with someone who would put her in line for Lady of the Vale. Then she will have an army...

it is almost like if they went with that in the tv show it would have worked..... they also make bronze yohn look like a little bitch.

They decided to go with the idea of putting Sansa in danger, have her get raped so her turn into whatever she will become, a motivation for Jon Snow to face Ramsay more believable. Through Jon was already forgoing his vows when he believed Ramsay married Arya when it was really Jeyne Poole. I guess they wanted to make it more believable to casual fans. 

But I would think Sansa would end up being the new Lady of the Vale and she wouldn't waste her time, she would take the fight to the Lanisters, The Botlons and the Freys. The armies of the Vale would have turned the tide in favor of The North and the Riverlands, Robb would still be alive and the Freys would not fuck around. Remember it was Edmure Tully who screwed everything up. He wasn't supposed to prevent Tywin from crossing the Ford into the Westerlands where Robb would capture him, allowing Stannis to seize Kings Landing, ending the war there. Robb probably should have told him. He also shouldn't have left Theon go back to Pyke. He would still have the North and not have to rely on the Boltons to "retake" Winterfell.

• Like 1

Next season is going to be very interesting, because then it truly won't be based upon some version of book material even if TWOW is already out. Especially if it's only 13 or so episodes like they suggested.

Even if The Others are south off the wall and Dany is in Westros, I guess that means we'll see major characters randomly killed off every 2 episodes with no resolution/thought given to their character arcs.