Two or three guitarists?

How many guitarists?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where can I find a good example of this humor everyone speaks of?

I can understand your resentment of him, I meant to say that in the last post. I re-read what I wrote and didn't mean to sound like I was defending him so staunchly.

GnR has a deal with Monster Energy. I thought what Pitman said in this video was funny, he was like simultaneously mocking it and half-assedly promoting it:

Oh I apologize if I sounded on the offensive in my previous post, I didn't mean that at all. Just curious.

But hah...Reo Speedwagon.

Not offensive at all. I just didn't mean to come off like I was defending Pitman. I type fast.

Anyhoo, back to guitarists.

I think the band needs just 2. Although you know what? Fuck it, Axl should add another guitarist to make things even more ridiculous. /jk

Two: Slash & Izzy

/thread

I'm probably the only one who thinks this but I always thought Gilby was a better fit for Slash. They just seemed cooler together and those two and Sorum just jelled into a powerhouse. Izzy is irreplaceable though.

Yeah what does the 3rd guitarist do?

And if the answer's 'play Guns N' Roses' then someone here please kick me in the nuts now because that answer's just as good as..

Well...You have

1) Lead Guy #1 - The Riffman (The uninspired tool known as DJ Ashba)

2) Lead Guy #2 - The Shredder (The comedic Bumblefoot)

3) Rhythm Guy (My favorite, Richard Fortus)

There's really no reason that 1 and 2 can't be condensed into one guitarist. Or just let Fortus and BBF do a twin-lead role. Honestly Bumble is a great player but I think he needs someone to work along with in a lead format (He doesn't strike me as a rhythm guy). It could be argued that DJ Ashba is there for that reason but I think Richard could do that one step better with him alone. He's got the chops to play lead and can mesh well with Ron. It's a win-win.

Depends.

If they had three I liked, for instance, Robin, Bumble, and Fortus, Bumble, bucket, and fortus, etc, then yes.

With someone I don't particularly like, like Dj, I would rather just have Bumble and Fortus.

Edited by liers

One thing i dont understand. How come dj cant handle the entire swett child solo or this i love solo, but he can handle stuff like this: minute 4:45 on the This is Gonna Hurt Lesson available on Youtube. Just a question...

I asked some guys here the same question and it seems like although at first the sixx am solo seems harder, it's not. It's just pretty flashy.

I saw Iron Maiden in 2000 and they had three guitarist and also saw Alice Cooper this past year and he also had three guitar players.

When Jon Bon Jovi played his guitar his band had 3 guitar players too.

I think there are so many talented people out there that having 3 guitar players is okay.

I mean look at Slipknot. They had how many drummers and that clown just walked around the stage with his baseball bats trying to intimidate the fans. I mean how much money did those guys get at the end of the show? ha ha

Anyway, in GNR I think Axl has picked some talented guitar players and I did like how he gives each of them a solo. also I did notice they would all take a chance at playing lead in certain songs.