Radiohead Appreciation Thread

magisme

one of the best imo. Ok Computer and Kid A are my favorite albums. didn't listen to them after Hail to the Thief though. don't know if i missed much

Hail to the Thief isn't great. In Rainbows is incredible. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tb74u1Rn-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSx6hXHzRHc

Edited by magisme

Hail to the Thief is among my least favorite of theirs (which means I still pretty much love it), but there are a few songs, 2+2 = 5 in particular, that are as good as anything on any of their albums.

Same here, pretty much on the same page as what LiveFromNormal posted as far as favorite albums go, i'd put OK Computer 2nd behind Kid A, though.

I believe Everything In It's Right Place may be one of my favorite songs of all time, too.... never gets old. Love the live renditions of it as well.

Great band, I love the diversity between their releases. Haven't listened to them much since In Rainbows, I only listened to King Of Limbs once and it was kinda "meh", granted I wasn't really in a "Radiohead mood" when that album came out. Hard to choose a definite stand out favorite, Kid A, OK Computer, and Amnesiac are all phenominal albums.

Hail to the Thief is among my least favorite of theirs (which means I still pretty much love it), but there are a few songs, 2+2 = 5 in particular, that are as good as anything on any of their albums.

Same here, pretty much on the same page as what LiveFromNormal posted as far as favorite albums go, i'd put OK Computer 2nd behind Kid A, though.

I believe Everything In It's Right Place may be one of my favorite songs of all time, too.... never gets old. Love the live renditions of it as well.

I love OK Computer but I think I wore it out with too many listens. It was kindof my 'intro too Radiohead' album.

I saw them at Bonnaroo two summers ago, their live rendition of the song 'Kid A' was phenomenal. And 'Body Snatchers' is great live too.

I wish they had played 'National Anthem' live. I've listened to the live recording of it on the Kid A collectors edition and it blew me away. Totally energizes the song and breathes new life into it. They usually go a lot heavier on the guitars and pick up the pace on their songs when they perform live.

Even 'Lotus Flower' was insane live, and I'm not a big fan of King of Limbs.

It was a cool show. They played a lengthy set just because Bonnaroo has no curfew, and Thom was totally wasted. They kindof fucked up Idioteque(one of my favorites) but they brought their A game for everything else.

Edited by LiveFromNormal
  • Like 1