Do you believe in ghosts?

wfuckinga

Do you believe in ghosts?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going for a spin in a UFO with Nessie. Bigfoot will be driving.

Are you going to bring your anti-ghost equipment?

No such thing (that I am aware of). I do, however, have a gallon of vinegar with your name on it, darling.

I'm pretty sure lithium was joking.... he's kinda a sweetheart :wub:

• Like 1

That isn't "anti-ghost" equipment. It is scientific equipment used to rule out scientific causes for unusual activity. Equipment to detect high electromagnetic frequency emissions, gas leaks, power surges, etc - all things that can cause perception to be altered. People can be very sensitive to the emfs put out by an old fuse box, for example, and it can cause headaches, flu-like symptoms, hallucinations, sleep issues, etc. The equipment is used to figure out if there is a scientific reason behind experiences.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going for a spin in a UFO with Nessie. Bigfoot will be driving.

Are you going to bring your anti-ghost equipment?

No such thing (that I am aware of). I do, however, have a gallon of vinegar with your name on it, darling.

I'm pretty sure lithium was joking.... he's kinda a sweetheart :wub:

:wub:

It's just too bad that I have a very low tolerance for bullshit.

I dont't believe things that are on sensationalized TV shows. I usually don't watch them. I do enjoy shows like "The Haunted" which doesn't try to prove or disprove. It tells the story about what people feel they experienced. It is simply a collection of unusual stories. I find them fascinating. Also, I have seen a completely solid apparition that I thought was a very living person. I don't need to prove anything to anyone else because I know what I saw. I have had multiple experiences during my life that also cannot be explained away. I don't feel like I need to prove their existence because I'm confident with what I saw. People can choose to believe me or not, it doesn't have any bearing on my confidence. *shrug* I've never seen an alien. It doesn't mean that everyone who believes they saw a UFO is batshit crazy. It just means that I, personally, haven't seen one.

By that logic, all the things we've never personally witnessed have not occurred. Which is silly.

My point exactly.

Therefore, rational human beings, such as myself, look at what science says. Although I've never seen a dinosaur, it has been proven that they existed millions of years ago. The existence of ghosts have not been proven, thus I do not believe in them, and I do not yell out "ghost!" whenever something I can't explain happens.

Edited by Lithium

By that logic, all the things we've never personally witnessed have not occurred. Which is silly.

My point exactly.

I do not yell out "ghost!" whenever something I can't explain happens.

Nor do I. My first post stated I am a skeptical believer and that while I know what I saw, I don't believe every single claim made by others. Done with this now.

And that's fine.

Just so we can fully appreciate this- Let's apply this to another scenario: I have never seen proof that Axl beat Erin. I mean, sure, we have what she said, what witnesses said, but I have no scientific evidence that he did it. I didn't see any scientists in his house trying to recreate the event and achieving confirming results. When it comes down to it, all we have are statements. Which we draw an opinion from. If I suddenly said "I saw no proof, therefore everyone who believes Axl beat Erin is crazy!", I would be crucified on this board. *shrug* Perspective.

This is like...the worst post ever. And I don't say that a lot.

...well actually I do. But still...

• Like 1

I saw a bunch of ghosts in the cupboard in my bedroom a few years back and nobody can tell me otherwise. The copious amounts of ecstasy, cooking sherry and red wine I'd imbibed at the time had absolutely nothing to do with it.