The Uncomfortable law

ohlovelyrita

Earl Nightengale said, "You become (and get) what you think about most of the time." Ernest Holmes wrote, "If man takes his images of thought only from his previous experiences, then he continues in the bondage which those previous experiences create.

Like always attracts like. Always- This is the uncomfortable law of attraction.

Let's say there's something you want. You can't desire something AND doubt it can or will be yours. You also cannot focus on its absence, because... like always attracts like.

One Law of Attraction approach would be to complain to others and think, most of the time, about how and why what you want isn't happening.

This is the vibrational frequency you transmit and the reason you arent being blessed.

Edited by ohlovelyrita

Guest Len B'stard
Earl Nightengale said, "You become (and get) what you think about most of the time."

Were this true I'd either be a popular North London football team or a set of female genitals.

*cue 'always thought you were a massive cunt' remarks :lol:

are we really speaking of the "truth" regarding some popular new age philosophy concept? :lol:

but seriously, this "think happy thoughts and good things will come to you" theory is just goes against human nature. how can you be happy all the time? how can you have no doubt? you are not a carrot ffs. people who try to fake it are boring

• Like 1

How Negative Energy Affects Your Life and How to Clear It

You know that like attracts like, right? So here's the deal: Positive people are drawn to positive energy; negative people are drawn to negative energy. We tend to perceive negative energy as something other people have.

Sure, sometimes we feel negative – as in, “go away and leave me alone, world!” but did you know that negativity can be so ingrained in you that it goes unnoticed?

That's because negativity sometimes wears a disguise called ‘reality'. It's easy to rationalize that you're ‘just being realistic' in not daring to act on a dream – and believe it!

You may assume that positive people are not being realistic – that they're being naive, that they are in denial with their heads stuck in the sand, that they put on fake smiles in the face of difficulty and so forth. But are they really happy idiots or is there something to their positivity?

Consider this: since when does ‘being realistic' necessarily mean that things will go wrong and that you have to accept that as the truth?

That doesn't mean that being realistic is automatically negative. When you view the world from a ‘realistic' standpoint, you can't help but be negative IF your version of reality is negative.

If your version of reality is negative, you are conditioned to believe that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong and whatever can go right, will probably go wrong too. Your unconsciously held beliefs make you into a negative person without your being aware of it!

So – if this negativity is so ingrained in you that you don't notice it, how do you determine whether you're stuck in a cloud of negative energy that is attracting the wrong people, wrong situations and wrong feelings? And how can you be sure you're not perpetuating that negativity?

Here's a quick quiz to gauge the level of negative energy within you:

- Do you complain? All the time or just sometimes?

- Do you often discuss what's wrong in the world more than what's right? This includes the ‘terrible' weather, ‘horrible' traffic, ‘idiotic' government, ‘lousy' economy, ‘stupid' in-laws, etc.

- Do you criticize? All the time or just certain people?

- Are you attracted to drama and disaster (can you unglue yourself from the TV when there's a news story of a disaster and can you avoid getting involved in the lives of dysfunctional celebrities?)

- Do you blame? All the time or just certain situations?

- Do you believe that you have no control over most of your results?

- Do you feel like a victim? Do you talk about people doing things to you?

- Are you grateful for what is or will you be grateful when things finally start going right for you?

- Do you feel like things are happening to you? Or do you feel that they are happening through you?

These last two points are important: If you're not grateful except when things go right, you are negative. Gratitude is positive. If you are grateful for what is (including the unpleasant school of life lessons, then you can invite more and more positive energy into your life.

Believing that things happen to you puts you in the role of victim; then it's easy to be negative because it's convenient to give up that power. So consider this alternative: who or what is to blame when GOOD things happen to you? Do you acknowledge that you are responsible for the good things – as in, you worked hard, you earned it, etc… but blame external events or other people for your failures? So how come, when good things happen, they are a result of what you do, but when bad things happen, they are not your fault?

Nobody likes to hear that. It takes courage to accept that you create your life experience!

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you are holding on to negative energy to some degree! To clear your negative energy and raise your vibration, you will need to retrain yourself to choose a positive attitude.

Here's another interesting idea to consider: have you noticed that positive people seem to get what they want out of life, and even if things don't go their way, they still enjoy their lives… while negative people whine and moan about their misfortunes and even the good things in their lives?

To clear negative energy, try this 3 -step process:

1. Take ownership: “When you think everything is someone else's fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy.” – the Dalai Lama

2. Cancel negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts. This takes practice, dedication and making a decision to see the world through the eyes of “what can go right” instead of “what can go wrong.” You'll have to catch yourself anytime you are acting out or speaking out your negativity, and immediately change your tune.

3. visualize the positive instead of getting sucked into negativity; overcome past conditioning; think intuitively from the soul instead from ‘reality'; create a new, desired reality in your imagination and manifest it in the outer world.

Nobody wants negative energy to permeate their lives, yet many of us allow it. But we allow it unconsciously, based on past conditioning that suggests an inevitable outcome to certain situations. When you overcome that conditioning and realize that the future is NOT cast in stone but that you have more control over your circumstances than you believe – then you can begin to consciously design your life.

What's going to happen then? Your positive energy will magnetically attract what you consider to be good and right for you: people, situations, things… and you'll notice a huge, huge increase in your happiness and inner peace.

Why not choose positive energy? Make some changes within, and you'll quickly see positive changes in your life. Enjoy the good feelings and abundance!

Guest Len B'stard

Right...well that would make you a negative person cuz everyone says your threads are shit and you're an idiot but you keep coming back. In fact, the positive people might be considered to be the ones being negative to you cuz if they get what they want and you stop making crap threads the prior equilibrium of positivity will be restored.

Now you either accept this as the truth or you're an agent of control working for the forces of negative energy.

OR...all this negative and positive energy crap you keep spouting is nothing that you can't figure out from reading the first 10 pages of The Bible and is just a bunch of base level moral bullshit that even three year olds can work out that you keep pulling out like you've discovered fire.

Take your pick, either way you're an idiot, thank you for playing.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I didn't say i didn't like them i just said they were crap, in fact i find them highly amusing.

but seriously, this "think happy thoughts and good things will come to you" theory is just goes against human nature. how can you be happy all the time? how can you have no doubt? you are not a carrot ffs.

Positivity exists because there is negativity, this notion that 'enlightenment' consists of some kind of emotional flatline is horrifying. The well rounded individual is the one that considers, evaluates and attempts to understand and reconcile her or his self with the complete spectrum of human emotion and disposition, to embrace one and ignore the other is to effectively limit your understanding of the human experience, enlightenment is something Guru's and maudlin intellectuals dreamt up as a means to deal with the limits of their own mortality instead of embracing them.

This whole obssession with enlightenment and the dichotomy of positivity and negativity is just the reinvention of religion, God and the Devil, good and evil, it's a bunch of people that have basically gone round the track and ended right back in the dark ages of human intellect.

Edited by sugaraylen

Of course you won't bother addressing the salient points Len makes. You'll just focus on "negativity." Must be because you're such a positive person. :lol:

It is a waste of time to debate with such people- Not about to cater to that need for a reaction.

Here you go, if the shoe fits

Negativity . . . . You make a positive comment, but the response is negative or even sadistic.

WHY are some people always negative? Could they actually derive pleasure from making negative comments to other people while attempting to destroy confidence, hopes, or dreams?

What kind of personal needs do 'negative comments' satisfy? Does negativity suppress painful feelings of inferiority caused by failure to accomplish desired goals? Is negativity a result of jealousy? And, most of all, is negativity a selfish manipulaltion of another person designed to gain personal satisfaction by bringing the other person down?

In his article regarding negativity on www.socialgods.com, Ditch the Negative People, Zeus provides explanations, stating, "These people are out to get you." He warns that negative people "try to discourage you" and "force you to give up." To decrease the discouraging effects of negative comments, Zeus advises, "For people that you can't avoid, such as family and co-workers, don't tell them about any business or personal goals that you plan on pursuing."

According to Zeus, negative people are "miserable," and he states, "Wherever they go, people scatter like bugs do when the lights go on because they project misery."

Negativity on blog sights is common. Derogatory, even cruel or obscene remarks unrelated to the subject, often attack bloggers. The commenter is sometimes attacked and degraded merely for 'expressing an opinion.'

Referring to negativity on web sites, Shibashake's article, Negative People - Dealing with Online Negativity, states, "Criticizing and destroying someone else's ideas take very little thought, whereas building upon an idea and making it better takes creativity and a fair chunk of time." Shibashake also suggests, "Some negative people want to cause fear, sadness, or embarrassment in others because it brings them money or power (e.g. short sellers, politicians)."

Most people are aware that a 'negative image' is to be avoided and cheerfully comment, "Doin' good!," no matter how bad things are. In contrast, 'pessimistic people' may not realize that they project a negative image.

Negative people not only appear 'miserable' but seem 'jealous' of other people. Interestingly, when a compliment would be appropriate, negative people are often silent.

There are reasons why people make negative comments. "Understanding the reasons may be helpful in dealing with the problem," according to Catherine Pratt in How to deal with difficult people. Pratt suggests that "frustration" or "lack of self esteem" may cause negativity, and she advises that hurting others may make negative people feel powerful.

Pratt also suggests that negative people "want to get a reaction from you," and they "hit one of your buttons to remind you of past feelings of guilt or anger." Or they "cause painful feelings of rejection or feelings of inadequacy."

Pratt advises that people should avoid "constant talkers, repeated negative tales, sob sisters, people who consistently want help to fix their problems, and blamers." These people, she advises, only drain energy.

Guest Len B'stard

And how could i engage in a personal attack on you, i don't know anything about you at all, i don't know your age, your height, your race, your gender, your anything, all i know is the things you say so if i call you a moron or an idiot or a fool then thats effectively a reflection of whatever point you made that I'm addressing, I am effectively taking what you've said and, specifically on those grounds, coming to a sort of understanding about you, thats not personal, it's an assessment based expressly on your opinings, if you wish you be referred to as anything other than stupid then don't say stupid things, stupid.

Negativity . . . . You make a positive comment, but the response is negative or even sadistic.

WHY are some people always negative? Could they actually derive pleasure from making negative comments to other people while attempting to destroy confidence, hopes, or dreams?

Perhaps they are existentialists? Or Nihilists? Perhaps they subscribe to a different philosophy to you?

What kind of personal needs do 'negative comments' satisfy?

A social experiment? :lol:

Could they actually derive pleasure from making negative comments to other people while attempting to destroy confidence, hopes, or dreams?

Perhaps its an examination of the nature of the confidence and hopes and dreams you speak of? I mean, if someones words alone can destroy your hopes and dreams and confidence then perhaps you might benefit from said destruction, y'know, to afford you the room to re-establish stronger forms of the aforementioned, y'know, destruction breeds creation and all that.

Or perhaps they are just taking the piss out of you and every comment made in the way of light amusement is not substancial enough to make a broad generalization of a persons nature or disposition?

Dealing with Negativity

When it comes to people, the best thing you can do is to avoid them. Stop listening to them, stop talking to them. Don’t waste your time trying to argue, or reason, or help them. Stop all of it. If you keep coming back, then you’re asking for trouble.

Now what about people you can’t get rid of? You can’t get rid of negative family or negative co-workers. What you can do is develop a stronger mental shield. And this is something I feel everyone should develop as soon as possible. Because the stronger this mental shield, the more you can protect yourself and thrive even in the presence of negative energy. You have to be able to take criticism. You have to be able to accept the fact that people you don’t know, are going to look at you, and judge you, and hate what they see. And you need to have the confidence to know that this is perfectly fine! Because the more successful you become, the more haters you will have!

It’s ok for haters to exist,

it’s not ok for them to affect your life!

Negative people will always make you feel like it’s you that’s negative. They’ll blame your race, your language, your hair color, anything that would differentiate you from them could be blamed. They make everything about you when in fact it’s not. It’s about them, their issues, their failures, their lack of joy in life. And the moment you realize their negativity is because they’re unhappy with their own lives, you will no longer feel bad about yourself!

The moment you realize negative people are unhappy with themselves,

you no longer blame yourself for their negativity.

Guest Len B'stard

Translation = only listen to people who tell you what you want to hear. I can't believe someone who fancies themselves a traveller on the road to enlightenment just used the term 'haterrrrrrzzz' :lol:

Derrida meets Miley Cyrus, fuck the haterz yo! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

You are the definition of predictable, you ignorant, repetitive, inaccurately derivative twat.

And you are reported again :lol: What a sad little man.

Negative people will always make you feel like it’s you that’s negative. They’ll blame your race, your language, your hair color, anything that would differentiate you from them could be blamed. They make everything about you when in fact it’s not. It’s about them, their issues, their failures, their lack of joy in life. And the moment you realize their negativity is because they’re unhappy with their own lives, you will no longer feel bad about yourself!

Guest Len B'stard

You ever wondered why you're so obsessed with "negativity," stupid little girl? Or does that go right over your head?

Cuz she's basically come to her conclusions about the word listening to popstars interviews on TMZ
Reporter: So, what are your feelings about the recent criticism you've encountered with your act?
Popstar: Well I try to keep positive see cuz negative people are negative and I try to keep away from that. You'll always have haters, jealousy, people that hate your positivity and wish to break you down and see you crawl...but see you take energy from that, i don't hate haters, i love them cuz I'm a positive person and alls they do when they hate on me is work harder doin' MA THAAAAANG
:lol:
It's a tired old post hip hop thing you hear of attributing any and every unflattering assessment as 'haterz'. It's a simpletons way of hiding from reality, a version of sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'LALALALALALALALALA, I AM NOT LISTENING, I AM NOT LISTENING!'.
Not entertaining negative assessments of yourself and the things you say is the ultimate arrogance because the inference is that you're perfect to begin with, there's nothing clever about it, it's not news, every second moron with a lonely braincell looking for a friend says that shit, from Floyd Mayweather to Miley Cyrus, whooooooooooo, fuck the haterz yo, we be clubbin' :lol: *sticks his tongue out and pulls his hat brim down to hide the lobotomy scars*

And are you sure you want to call the integrity of the forum into question when you try to cry to the mods every time someone posts something that makes your vag hurt?

I forgive you, I'm sorry that you are so miserable.

This was written by Mother Teresa and is engraved on the wall of her home for children in Calcutta, India:

"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."