Slash barred from GnR show - guitar in hand

Well I'm glad we've cleared up the confusion about him showing up with a guitar in hand. :slash:

LOL @ Slash thinking he could just show up, waltz in, and maybe play with the band if Axl wanted to. Despite Slash's typical self-serving claims, I don't believe his intentions were so innocent. It bothered him Axl was using the name, so under the guise of "I was curious. And I wanted to go in a supportive capacity as well. ... I was trying to be discreet about it", he decided to show up, with the real intention to indeed be a distraction.

Think about it. Did Slash really, truly believe he could just watch the show in the audience without anyone noticing? No. What do you think the fans would've done when somone noticed him and the word spread he was there? Probably started chanting his name or yelling for him to get up there and play. And what would've that done? Put Axl in an awkward, difficult position. Slash knew that. He knew Axl was trying to rebuild the band without him, so by him being there, "inadvertently and unintentionally" distracting fans, it would screw the show up.

If Slash wanted to attend the gig discreetly, he should've just done it incognito, and not said anything about it to anyone. But apparently he didn't think of that, for some reason. Whether he was motivated by conscious or subconscious intentions, when he says he was just trying to see the show discreetly, it's complete horseshit.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Well I'm glad we've cleared up the confusion about him showing up with a guitar in hand. :slash:

LOL @ Slash thinking he could just show up, waltz in, and maybe play with the band if Axl wanted to. Despite Slash's typical self-serving claims, I don't believe his intentions were so innocent. It bothered him Axl was using the name, so under the guise of "I was curious. And I wanted to go in a supportive capacity as well. ... I was trying to be discreet about it", he decided to show up, with the real intention to indeed be a distraction.

Think about it. Did Slash really, truly believe he could just watch the show in the audience without anyone noticing? No. What do you think the fans would've done when somone noticed him and the word spread he was there? Probably started chanting his name or yelling for him to get up there and play. And what would've that done? Put Axl in an awkward, difficult position. Slash knew that. He knew Axl was trying to rebuild the band without him, so by him being there, "inadvertently and unintentionally" distracting fans, it would screw the show up.

If Slash wanted to attend the gig discreetly, he should've just done it incognito, and not said anything about it to anyone. But apparently he didn't think of that, for some reason. Whether he was motivated by conscious or subconscious intentions, when he says he was just trying to see the show discreetly, it's complete horseshit.

Just my opinion.

What would he do? Disguise himself with a mask and a bucket on his head? :lol:

Cool post man, seriously. I guess we'll never know the truth. Both Axl and Slash are big liars.

What would he do? Disguise himself with a mask and a bucket on his head? :lol:

Cool post man, seriously. I guess we'll never know the truth. Both Axl and Slash are big liars.

He even contradicts himself in his quotes because he's lost in his own bullshit. He says he wanted to be discreet, but also says "if Axl had wanted to do a song, any number of our old GN'R songs, it would have been way cool." That doesn't make much sense, now does it?

I'm not calling him some epic liar as you alluded to. He was trying to stir shit up, and like I said in my previous post, that could've been motivated by his subconscious.

• Like 1

I too had heard the Slash with guitar in hand variation on that story.

I never believed it. I didn't think anyone seriously did.

Next thing you're going to tell me is that they didn't really pump semen out of the stomach of Jon Bon Jovi and/or Rod Stewart.

Because that shit? That shit totally happened.

LOL. Even the Must Hate Slash crew has somehow turned this story into a negative about Slash.

Cold - who are these posters you are talking about? Please don't generalize and say specifically who you are talking about. Who on here has said that Slash wouldn't join Axl on stage for a couple of songs? Everybody on this forum knows that Slash would gladly join the current band for a couple songs. In fact, I'd bet money that Slash would love to do it. Only one person is stopping that from happening. Only ONE person has such a huge grudge that they wouldn't share the stage with a former bandmate.

Bacardi - your post makes no sense. In response to claims made by CHB that Slash showed up at the show with "guitar in hand" I simply used google and looked up to see if it was true. Apparently, according to MTV and ABC news, the story was false. So what exactly did I make up? Cold's claim? Is his account an alt-account of mine? Or did I make up the MTV and ABC stories? I somehow created fake MTV/ABC internet pages and wrote their stories? So ya.....your comment makes no sense at all. How's that latest my chemical romance album coming along?

Meta's absolutely spot on.

This statement alone should tell you that you've made a wrong turn somewhere.

Exactly. Apparently young popcorn knows what Slash is subconsciously thinking now. Unbelievable.

Exactly. Apparently young popcorn knows what Slash is subconsciously thinking now. Unbelievable.

Do you think Slash contradicted himself by repeatedly using the word "discreet" but then saying it would be cool if Axl invited him up on stage to play a few songs?

In response to claims made by CHB that Slash showed up at the show with "guitar in hand" I simply used google and looked up to see if it was true. Apparently, according to MTV and ABC news, the story was false. So what exactly did I make up? Cold's claim? Is his account an alt-account of mine? Or did I make up the MTV and ABC stories? I somehow created fake MTV/ABC internet pages and wrote their stories?

Well, if you did, I have to commend you for going that extra mile.

A new standard has been set, people. Fall in line.

Do you think Slash contradicted himself by repeatedly using the word "discreet" but then saying it would be cool if Axl invited him up on stage to play a few songs?

I think he did a interview and answered various questions. His answer is relative to the tone of the questions.

Have you ever been interviewed? Serious question, not being sarcastic or anything. They aren't like the five questions this forum sent to Axl. And when people are in the middle of an interview, they aren't thinking "I better say specifically what I mean because this interview is going to be taken literally and as my personal bible."

Slash was answering questions, joking around with the guy, etc. It's a bit unfair to take random comments and act like they are answers to the same specific question.

Look, I get where you are coming from.

If somebody you don't like makes a statement - you look at what they said differently and in a more negative tone than people who are friends with them would take the statement. Agreed?

Heck, you yourself basically said this same thing pretty recently. You bashed somebody for their negativity on here, and then defended YOUR own negative comments by saying you were just joking around and having some fun. Oh - actually, specifically, you did that to me in a topic where you said Axl Rose was Jesus or God and I responded to you that he was the best singer of my generation, but he wasn't a God and was a human like you and me. You then lectured me because I took your statement too literal. Remember?

I feel like that's what you are doing here. Taking Slash's statements and putting them under a microscope and attaching a negative meaning to them.

Those of us who don't hate Slash or that think the Axl-vs-Slash feud is idiotic, don't look at every statement Slash says and try and find the negative angle to it.

I was coaching an all star baseball team a couple years ago and we lost a game to a rival city. We made seven errors in the game. The reporter asked me about that and I said "You can't beat a team of girl scouts when you make that many errors, much less beat (our opponent)." Did I really mean that we couldn't beat a team of girl scouts? And later, after we defeated a rival, the reporter asked me how we were able to beat the team that was favored to beat us.....and I said "because our jock straps our two sizes bigger than theirs." Did I really mean that literally our balls were bigger?

Do you see what I'm saying?

If you look at Slash's comments in this story without any bias, without going into it thinking he is a liar, a cancer, he is evil......you see a lighthearted interview, with Slash joking around and just chatting.

Oh - or like when your boy Volcano reads Slash's book and finds a misspelled name or a date wrong from 25 years ago.

One group sees that as Slash lying and being an evil cancer.

The rest of the world looks at it and says "oh, a 50 year old rock star and former drug addict spelled a guy's name wrong and was a month off on a date that happened 23 years ago."

Edited by Groghan

Just my opinion.

Come on, it wasn't that complicated. Just another case like the 5 AM visit, Perla dragging him by the balls to make up with Axl and get some reunion money. Marc said she was behind both incidents, specifically the Vegas one here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/194426-do-you-think-beta-had-a-part-in-the-break-up-or-keeps-a-reunion-from-happening/page-3

In response to claims made by CHB that Slash showed up at the show with "guitar in hand" I simply used google and looked up to see if it was true. Apparently, according to MTV and ABC news, the story was false. So what exactly did I make up? Cold's claim? Is his account an alt-account of mine? Or did I make up the MTV and ABC stories? I somehow created fake MTV/ABC internet pages and wrote their stories?

Thanks man, I try my best.

This is probably the most frustrating thing about this forum. A lot of people don't come here to just simply chat about GnR. They have chips on their shoulders and then they carry grudges from topic to topic. I can fight like cats and dogs with somebody in one topic, but if I agree with them in another topic - I'll agree 100% and give them props in it. But some people in here can't get over things and automatically fight and argue with people in every darn topic. It's funny to watch. Once they think you aren't worshipping Axl enough......you'll be targeted in every topic you post in! Even if they agree with you they'll find some way to insult you.

Just my opinion.

Come on, it wasn't that complicated. Just another case like the 5 AM visit, Perla dragging him by the balls to make up with Axl and get some reunion money. Marc said she was behind both incidents, specifically the Vegas one here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/194426-do-you-think-beta-had-a-part-in-the-break-up-or-keeps-a-reunion-from-happening/page-3

He also said in that thread that Slash wanted to reach out to Axl. Why did you leave that part out?

Dude, why is it so important to you to downgrade everything that Slash does? Did he do something to you that made you hate him? Why is this idiotic Axl-vs-Slash feud so important to you?

Thanks man, I try my best.

This is probably the most frustrating thing about this forum. A lot of people don't come here to just simply chat about GnR. They have chips on their shoulders and then they carry grudges from topic to topic. I can fight like cats and dogs with somebody in one topic, but if I agree with them in another topic - I'll agree 100% and give them props in it. But some people in here can't get over things and automatically fight and argue with people in every darn topic. It's funny to watch. Once they think you aren't worshipping Axl enough......you'll be targeted in every topic you post in! Even if they agree with you they'll find some way to insult you.

Just my opinion.

He also said in that thread that Slash wanted to reach out to Axl. Why did you leave that part out?

Dude, why is it so important to you to downgrade everything that Slash does? Did he do something to you that made you hate him? Why is this idiotic Axl-vs-Slash feud so important to you?

What the fuck? Where do I "downgrade everything that Slash does?" I hardly ever comment on Slash. The Axl/Slash feud isn't important to me at all. The last time I commented on it I believe I was criticizing Axl over threatening to sue Slash for Snakepit, and I can't even remember when I posted that.

I honestly didn't read past that comment, I looked for it specifically because someone mentioned that Marc may have commented on Perla in this situation, so I went and found it. He said she was "behind" it, and he has said in the past that he went to Axl's house only because she made him and wanted a reunion. Slash may have wanted to reconcile with Axl in general, but my point was he only make these efforts because Perla pushed him. I was actually defending Slash, in that I don't think he was trying to sabotage Axl.

I think he did a interview and answered various questions. His answer is relative to the tone of the questions.

Have you ever been interviewed? Serious question, not being sarcastic or anything. They aren't like the five questions this forum sent to Axl. And when people are in the middle of an interview, they aren't thinking "I better say specifically what I mean because this interview is going to be taken literally and as my personal bible."

Slash was answering questions, joking around with the guy, etc. It's a bit unfair to take random comments and act like they are answers to the same specific question.

Oh I see. You think he didn't contradict himself. I really didn't need to be subjected to that wall of text. I think what I've quoted here would've sufficed.

By the way, I didn't see it as "taking random comments and acting like they are answers to the same specific question." That's you misconstruing what I wrote- I encourage you to re-read it. I merely pointed out that Slash repeatedly used the word discreet, but apparently also had ideas of getting up on stage with the band. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't make sense, regardless if they were separate questions.

Back to the main topic though- my point still stands that, no matter what, Slash being there would've hurt the new band and indeed have been a distraction. That's why he was barred from being there. If he really wanted to be so discreet, he should've just showed up with a baseball cap and a fake beard or something and acted like a regular concert-goer.

So does that mean he was bullshitting us in the interview? Just asking.

Sigh.

That was a "wall of text" and you didn't need to be subjected to it?

You asked a question. I was trying to give you an honest answer. You know - have a discussion about something.

You know, if you and a couple other people dropped the chip from your shoulder, stopped trying to find the negative in everything, and stopped trying to fight and win arguments......and just had discussions with people, the forum would be a lot better place. I've done this a couple times with guys like you and a couple others. Took the time to explain my thoughts to you on a topic we disagreed on, left out insults and just responded to the topic -and you guys can never just give an honest response back. It's like you aren't happy unless there is some negativity going on.

I told you why I didn't think Slash contradicted himself. And gave a few examples. That somehow offends you.

Watch, I can do it again. I can respond to a post you make without insulting you or being snarky towards you.

Why do you think Slash being in the audience would have "hurt" the new band? These are 40 year old grown men, professional musicians who have played shows in front of millions of people in their careers. Could you expand (I don't mind walls of text) as to why Robin or Tommy would have been "hurt" if Slash showed up to a gig? Usually celebs/musicians will watch shows from stage area and not from the crowd, so the audience wouldn't have even know Slash was there.

Why do you think Slash being in the audience would have "hurt" the new band? These are 40 year old grown men, professional musicians who have played shows in front of millions of people in their careers. Could you expand (I don't mind walls of text) as to why Robin or Tommy would have been "hurt" if Slash showed up to a gig? Usually celebs/musicians will watch shows from stage area and not from the crowd, so the audience wouldn't have even know Slash was there.

I already explained why quite clearly. I wish you would actually read my posts, since I extend the same courtesy to you.

As GnR's camp said, it would've been a distraction, even if Slash was off to the side and not seen by the crowd. It would've been a distraction for Axl and perhaps some of the band members. That's just my opinion. However, if Slash got on stage, as he mentioned in the interview, I hope you can see why that might hurt the new band's ability to establish itself and move forward.

Not sure why this is lost on some people, it would've been a disaster.

• Like 1