Pope drops F-b@mb during Vatican Blessing -Warning: Graphic language

ohlovelyrita

Pope drops F-bomb during Vatican blessing

By Bob Fredericks

March 3, 2014 | 10:17am

pope-fuck.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
Pope Francis dropped an F-bomb during his Sunday prayer at St. Peter's Square.Photo: EPA

Pope Francis may need to go to confession after inadvertently blurting out an Italian F-bomb during his weekly blessing from the Vatican.

“If each one of us does not amass riches only for oneself, but half for the service of others, in this f–k [pause], in this case the providence of God will become visible through this gesture of solidarity,” Francis said to the faithful gathered in St. Peter’s Square, Italian media reported.

His Holiness meant to use the Italian word for “example,” which is “caso.”

Instead, he used the word “cazzo,” which Italians use as a synonym for the four-letter obscenity.

The papal slip-up immediately went viral on Italian websites and quickly made its way to YouTube.

But the 77-year-old pontiff kept his cool, and his defenders took to the Internet to say it was a common mistake for native Spanish speakers when they talk in Italian.

Others said the literal translation of the word is a synonym for the male organ — but that it is also commonly used as the F-word.

A Vatican spokesman had no comment on the foul-up.

Warning: Graphic language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn-sCvQG1i0

http://nypost.com/2014/03/03/pope-drops-f-bomb-during-vatican-blessing/

Edited by ohlovelyrita

I'm fluent in Italian....for starters, cazzo isn't an F bomb...it's a slang word for penis....and after hearing him, it wasn't pronounced with any type of malice....so I would say this attempt at a laugh is a fail. ;)

Read the comment tho. It went viral so Italians felt it was a F-b@mb.

I'm fluent in Italian....for starters, cazzo isn't an F bomb...it's a slang word for penis....and after hearing him, it wasn't pronounced with any type of malice....so I would say this attempt at a laugh is a fail. ;)

What does an F Bomb stand for?

Right.

It wasn't an F Bomb unless they suddenly changed the Italian vocabulary overnight.

And the way he pronounced, it was barely noticeable.

I speak Italian too, although I'm very rusty.

Babadabupi? Bibdebubdebabdebubabde! Eh! Bubedebapa!

• Like 1

:lol::lol::lol:

What does an F Bomb stand for?

Right.

It wasn't an F Bomb unless they suddenly changed the Italian vocabulary overnight.

And the way he pronounced, it was barely noticeable.

' "cazzo" literally means dick, but in italian it's used in the same context as the english word "fuck".. '

Edited by ohlovelyrita

:lol:

Not bad.

I'll translate for the members of the forum:

"Can I take a squeeze? Oh, come on...just a little, little squeeze! Eh? I'll squeeze it so good!"

' "cazzo" literally means dick, but in italian it's used in the same context as the english word "fuck".. '

Not really...it's not nearly as bad in Italian....more along the lines of saying, "Damn!".

And we have an entirely different word for fuck.

• Like 1

:lol:

Not bad.

I'll translate for the members of the forum:

"Can I take a squeeze? Oh, come on...just a little, little squeeze! Eh? I'll squeeze it so good!"

:P "Voy a poner la punta en"

You really need to work on your formatting.

She just copies the entire shitty articles she reads, so the format gets all fucked up when she pastes it here. Lazy as fuck if you as me.

The stuff that angers you is infantile.

PM me how to format it. Be productive and positive. #adultlike

Guest Len B'stard

What gets on my tits about this kinda stuff is you have all these people that like, y'know, they're all like oh whats the big deal with swearing are we that unenlightened that we make a fuss out of mere words, allow em on records, allow em in movies, allow em in telly, you'll read it on toilet walls or see them cleverly referred to in ad campaigns like FCUK, you hear it amongst yourselves, in bars and car parks and walking past building sites and all over the fuckin' gaff...and yet its still newsworthy or important or worthy of note when the president or the pope or a school teacher says it, it's like grow up for fuckssake.

What gets on my tits about this kinda stuff is you have all these people that like, y'know, they're all like oh whats the big deal with swearing are we that unenlightened that we make a fuss out of mere words, allow em on records, allow em in movies, allow em in telly, you'll read it on toilet walls or see them cleverly referred to in ad campaigns like FCUK, you hear it amongst yourselves, in bars and car parks and walking past building sites and all over the fuckin' gaff...and yet its still newsworthy or important or worthy of note when the president or the pope or a school teacher says it, it's like grow up for fuckssake.

Are you aware that this is one long sentence, Len? Nary a full stop in sight! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

In my defence each comma gives you a moment to take a breath whilst maintaining that reeled off authenticity :lol: Also, i think you'll find if you'll cast your gaze upon the word 'gaff' there's 3, count em, 3 full stops ta very much!

Not really...it's not nearly as bad in Italian....more along the lines of saying, "Damn!".

And we have an entirely different word for fuck.

ok guys... I'm italian and trust me "cazzo" means a lot of things... depends on what you're saying and the context, could be "dick" or "damn!!" or "fuck!!" (that could be also "fanculo" or "vaffanculo") or something else but always in slang... it's something like a "general word" to say almost everything ahahahah :lol:

Edited by WAR™

ok guys... I'm italian and trust me "cazzo" means a lot of things... depends on what you're saying and the context, could be "dick" or "damn!!" or "fuck!!" (that could be also "fanculo" or "vaffanculo") or something else but always in slang... it's something like a "general word" to say almost everything ahahahah :lol:

I appreciate your response...I am also Italian....and 100% fluent in English as well. Although you are correct, that "cazzo" is used in many ways in Italian....it's not nearly as severe as using the word, "fuck" in the English language.

For example, in Italian, you can jokingly use the word cazzo in a formal setting, etc.....in English, the word "fuck" could never be used that way.

The word cazzo is much closer in severity to the word "damn" or "darn" in English.

Edited by Kasanova King