Tool: New album rumor dismissed by band as joke

ohlovelyrita

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/656301-exclusive-new-tool-album-reportedly-finished-set-for-2014-releaseN

Tool_band_promopic_2006.jpg

Will we finally see a new Tool album this year? Though they are certainly known for hijinks and misinformation, according to guitarist Adam Jones the long-awaited new Tool record, the follow-up to 2006's dark masterpiece 10,000 Days, is complete.

At a pre-show VIP meet & greet in Portland, OR on Thursday afternoon on the band's current tour, guitarist Adam Jones confirmed to our exclusive source that the alien-prog rock maestros' new album is "100% done" and should arrive later this year. Aside from a mention of different time signatures than their previous work, there is no other information to report at the moment. The confirmation is certainly enough to get pulses racing, however.

Edited by ohlovelyrita

this is fantastic news......if true, if ive learned something from being a gnr fan its do not trust fans information even if they say its from a band member...nothing personal against the guys in tool but who knows if they actually said anything...

That's still rumor mill but it's probably true, because it has been 8 years and they have gotten together to work on the music, but when it comes to Adam, that question of "is it done" also includes the album art and animation he does on some of the songs. He might just be talking about the music.

this is fantastic news......if true, if ive learned something from being a gnr fan its do not trust fans information even if they say its from a band member...nothing personal against the guys in tool but who knows if they actually said anything...

Depends on the band member. Take AC/DC --unless the brothers say something then the other members saying

they are going into the studio doesn't mean much or anything is happening.

But Fortus said there would be new music as soon as 2014. I don't think it is his style to start a buzz just to mess with fans.

This was on the Tool website last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxH0XsAZgLk#t=142

Edited by ohlovelyrita

Why blame tool? Dumbass fans and media eager to believe anything.

Maynard's last statement a few months ago in a VERY in depth interview was that he hasn't even started the process and he had no idea if/when it would happen.

I love tool and want a new album as badly as anyone....but if they haven't felt the urge to create music in so long, they obviously don't have anything to "say" at this point in time. Maynard has his outlets in Pusicifer and APC and making wine. But if the band doesn't have new music inside that's just bursting to get out, why bother forcing themselves to write a shitty album just for the sake of it?

I'd rather wait til they have some good stuff ready....as long as that may be....if ever.

Why blame tool? Dumbass fans and media eager to believe anything.

Maynard's last statement a few months ago in a VERY in depth interview was that he hasn't even started the process and he had no idea if/when it would happen.

I love tool and want a new album as badly as anyone....but if they haven't felt the urge to create music in so long, they obviously don't have anything to "say" at this point in time. Maynard has his outlets in Pusicifer and APC and making wine. But if the band doesn't have new music inside that's just bursting to get out, why bother forcing themselves to write a shitty album just for the sake of it?

I'd rather wait til they have some good stuff ready....as long as that may be....if ever.

I don't really read Tool interviews. I just listen to the albums. it's been what? 7 or 8 years since 10,000 years? A new Tool album to listen to would be great.

By Kory Grow

March 7, 2014 4:55 PM ET

"Contrary to rumors, Tool have not completed a new album. The band has issued a statement exclusively to Rolling Stone explaining how a misunderstanding between the band's guitarist and a fan led to speculation that the group had completed the album and intended to release it this year.

"Last night, Adam Jones, in a private conversation with fans attending the Portland Tool concert, joked that the band's new album was not only finished but coming out the next day," says the statement. "Unfortunately, his off-the-cuff joke was taken out of context. Work on the forthcoming album is ongoing and as soon as it is done, trust me, we will be the first to let everyone know."

Jones also posted a message on Twitter that said, "FYI, 'The record's done and it's coming out tomorrow' is what I said yesterday, followed by 'just kidding. . . '"

Late last year, Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan told Rolling Stone that the creation of the new album is "a very tedious process." "I don't write the music; they write the music," he said of his bandmates. "I wait for them to bring music to me. They tend to go back over and over stuff. It's a long process." But that's not to say any one person is to blame. "We're all in this together," he said. "I'm not pointing any fingers. I will take full responsibility if I have to."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tool-refute-false-reports-of-album-completion-exclusive-20140307

Edited by ohlovelyrita

You've all been trolled by Tool about the new album being ''100% Done''

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/rumors/adam-jones-new-tool-record-is-done

Not cool, Tool. Not cool. :max:

Well in all fairness, Tool have done this before...... And everything read on the internet, SHOULD be taken with a grain of salt, until it's officially confirmed by either the band or management.

i know it sucks, but the last couple of years has shown me that new albums sometimes just pop out of nowhere. bands that have not released albums in 10-15 years just all of a sudden start putting albums. i think we will get a new tool album eventually.

Tool Frontman Selling Hideous Beachwood House For $2.795MM

"The "unique" Mediterranean-style house owned by orotund-voiced metalhead Maynard James Keenan (frontman of Tool and A Perfect Circle, soundtracks to your post-grunge, late-nineties angst) was sent to us a by a tipster who informs us that, while the 2001 house is staged in these listing photos, "everything nailed down" is Keenan's, the bounty of globetrotting travels to Bali and similarly exotic locales. Keenan, who studied interior design, brought back some pretty standard finds from abroad: a hulking piece of no-doubt-rare wood that appears to be an enormous sedan chair; an apothecary-style kitchen island with a million cupboards that will never be anything but a frustration when you are looking for nutmeg; chandeliers acquired from the estate of Zorro. The eclectic fun extends to the patio, where you can soak in the jacuzzi while the weird, faux-patinaed goblinbabies embellishing the posts look on in demonic glee. The asking price is $2.795 million."

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/03/tool_frontman_selling_hideous_beachwood_house_for_2795mm.php

"The "unique" Mediterranean-style house owned by orotund-voiced metalhead Maynard James Keenan (frontman of Tool and A Perfect Circle, soundtracks to your post-grunge, late-nineties angst) was sent to us a by a tipster who informs us that, while the 2001 house is staged in these listing photos, "everything nailed down" is Keenan's, the bounty of globetrotting travels to Bali and similarly exotic locales. Keenan, who studied interior design, brought back some pretty standard finds from abroad: a hulking piece of no-doubt-rare wood that appears to be an enormous sedan chair; an apothecary-style kitchen island with a million cupboards that will never be anything but a frustration when you are looking for nutmeg; chandeliers acquired from the estate of Zorro. The eclectic fun extends to the patio, where you can soak in the jacuzzi while the weird, faux-patinaed goblinbabies embellishing the posts look on in demonic glee. The asking price is $2.795 million."

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/03/tool_frontman_selling_hideous_beachwood_house_for_2795mm.php

not sure what this has to do with a new album unless maynard needs more money because they arent touring enough because there taking fucking forever on the album haha, all i can say at this point is it better blow my fucking mind if there taking this long haha

not sure what this has to do with a new album unless maynard needs more money because they arent touring enough because there taking fucking forever on the album haha, all i can say at this point is it better blow my fucking mind if there taking this long haha

It doesn't but it is a funny headline "hideous beachwood house for sale" "chandeliers acquired from the estate of Zorro".