If Axl takes DJ so much in consideration, shouldn't we?

Alright then. After taking care of his music projects, including new albums, live dvds, movies (including the soundtrack) and guitar gear I'd agree Slash focuses on his image. Be it a tophat or pink panties on his head, music is his focus. Ashba himself admitted he's an entrepeneur who plays guitar. They are nothing alike, IMO. Even though DJ keeps trying...

Edited by ProstituteComa

Alright then. After taking care of his music projects, including new albums, live dvds, movies (including the soundtrack) and guitar gear I'd agree Slash focuses on his image. Be it a tophat or pink panties on his head, music is his focus. Ashba himself admitted he's an entrepeneur who plays guitar. They are nothing alike, IMO. Even though DJ keeps trying...

Funny how people bash Slash for being an ex-junkie and how stupid he is........but then they act like he is the genius master-mind manipulator as well. Their description of the guy changes depending on which topic they are trying to bash him in. You see ProstituteComa, it is VERY srs business for some people to downplay everything Slash does. Very srs business.

It's laughable for anybody to compare DJ's focus on his image to Slash's. DJ spends more time getting his make-up applied before one show than Slash spends picking out his stage wardrobe in a year. Every few years Axl comes out with a different "look"........Slash is a hat, leather pants and sometimes a shirt, sometimes not. It's so weird how people feel they have to pick apart everything a musician does just because of two guys who stopped being friends almost 20 years ago.

• Like 1

Funny how people bash Slash for being an ex-junkie

Theres no "ex-junkies" ... addictions are for life ... it can be controlled, but it wont disappear.

but then they act like he is the genius master-mind manipulator as well.

Of course you don't know what you are talking about.

Every junkie, addicted, or whatever, are kind of smart (I don't know if genius is the word), manipulator, selfish, lier, etc ...

That's what the psychology books say ...

• Like 1

Groghan why do you care so god damn much about these other posters? You disagree with them, cool. I actually think you're right. Although, they at least are usually talking about Gnr while you're usually talking about them.

Why do you care so much? I get why they care, they love Axl. I get that. Even though I disagree with them on so much fuck man, at least they're not getting their panties in a knot DAILY about what other people they don't know think about someone else they don't know. You think you're so logical and if I came here only once I'd probably agree with you but when it's so constant.... Man, honestly, who cares? Why do you care?

• Like 2

LOL, yesterday Groghan ignored me in grandiose dramatic fashion, and yet here he is, still responding to my posts. Seems a little cowardly if you ask me. Oh well. *shrug*

This thread really isn't about Slash. And if you'll notice (which I think you did), I wasn't trying to bash Slash or dock him points. I was merely trying to illustrate that some of the things that people criticize DJ for could be applicable to Slash as well. I made a simple point early on, you and others have weighed in on it. I see what you're saying, and don't discount that Slash and DJ are very different in some ways, but to say they are "nothing alike," well I guess that goes back to my original point, and so respectfully I disagree.

Fair enough. Moving on...

What do you think Axl sees in DJ? Put aside for a moment, your opinion of DJ, and put yourself in Axl's shoes. Aside from saying Axl's lost it, what do you think Axl's rationale was for bringing DJ into the band?

What do you think Axl sees in DJ? Put aside for a moment, your opinion of DJ, and put yourself in Axl's shoes. Aside from saying Axl's lost it, what do you think Axl's rationale was for bringing DJ into the band?

I've spent the past few years trying to figure it out. My guess is that he was impressed by DJ's business acumen, because on the music side of things there was just that 1 so-so Beautiful Creatures album and that OK Sixx:AM album.

Groghan why do you care so god damn much about these other posters? You disagree with them, cool. I actually think you're right. Although, they at least are usually talking about Gnr while you're usually talking about them.

Why do you care so much? I get why they care, they love Axl. I get that. Even though I disagree with them on so much fuck man, at least they're not getting their panties in a knot DAILY about what other people they don't know think about someone else they don't know. You think you're so logical and if I came here only once I'd probably agree with you but when it's so constant.... Man, honestly, who cares? Why do you care?

Because it's a forum and that's what people do......they converse with each other.

What the hell else is there to talk about on the forum? Axl's new album? Axl's new book? Axl's new interview?

And it takes two to tango. I wouldn't be making posts if the people you are talking about weren't making posts as well.

At least you admit that I'm almost always right!!!!!!

But seriously man, if my posts annoy you that much.......put me on ignore. I'm not saying that to be sarcastic. I recently did that to a clown that always argues with everybody and just simply removing that negative person instantly made the forum 23.5% more enjoyable. I'm going to keep responding to people - as that's what happens on forums. So if my posts make you this upset, you should put me on ignore. It's a beautiful thing.

And on a side note, I think you are a pretty good poster and I enjoy reading the majority of your posts. And I do appreciate your opinion.

Funny how people bash Slash for being an ex-junkie

Theres no "ex-junkies" ... addictions are for life ... it can be controlled, but it wont disappear.

but then they act like he is the genius master-mind manipulator as well.

Of course you don't know what you are talking about.

Every junkie, addicted, or whatever, are kind of smart (I don't know if genius is the word), manipulator, selfish, lier, etc ...

That's what the psychology books say ...

You are clever, I'll give you that much. And I know you must really be enjoying your posts today......so congrats for that.

Obviously you are twisting things around. But that's cool. Besides the one line, you are doing without throwing out too many personal insults, so that's at least good.

I've spent the past few years trying to figure it out. My guess is that he was impressed by DJ's business acumen, because on the music side of things there was just that 1 so-so Beautiful Creatures album and that OK Sixx:AM album.

So maybe he was hired, in part, to help sell the band? That makes sense.

I really don't know man. He brought DJ and went in touring mode. I'd like to believe Axl hired DJ because of his producer/songwriter skills besides being a hard rock guitarist but today I see DJ being hired to fill in Robin's spot, and that's it. I'm really curious to listen to a GNR album featuring DJ, he could add some catchiness to songs that was lacking in CD. His internet/stage antics make DJ very easy to dislike, but I would never judge a new album because of DJ's image. I do believe in his work in studio.

I really don't know man. He brought DJ and went in touring mode. I'd like to believe Axl hired DJ because of his producer/songwriter skills besides being a hard rock guitarist but today I see DJ being hired to fill in Robin's spot, and that's it. I'm really curious to listen to a GNR album featuring DJ, he could add some catchiness to songs that was lacking in CD. His internet/stage antics make DJ very easy to dislike, but I would never judge a new album because of DJ's image. I do believe in his work in studio.

Agreed.

I've said several times that I wish Axl would let DJ and BBF produce the next album. And that if he gave those two guys more power then we would already have CD2 in our car stereos now and the band would be working on album 3.

You'd think Axl hired the guy for more reasons than his faith in him to cover the work of the old guitar players.

I'd love to see what DJ can add musically to a GnR album. Just wish that Axl and Beta felt like that as well!!!

• Like 1

Honestly, I think being willing to put up with his bullshit is at least half of it.

Not just the ability to accept the long bouts of inactivity and not even a rumor of a new album, but to keep all that to yourself.

Honestly, I think being willing to put up with his bullshit is at least half of it.

Not just the ability to accept the long bouts of inactivity and not even a rumor of a new album, but to keep all that to yourself.

Good point. He's a great asskisser. Let's not forget that tweet to BBF. He's the perfect employee.

I doubt Axl would know that before hiring him.

Maybe he really liked Saints of Los Angeles? I wouldn't peg Axl as the kind of guy to listen to much Crue, tho.

I think the Indiana connection had a big part in it.

Sell what exactly? How well DJ plays Slash's music? Dude's been in the band for 5 years and he and I have released the same number of songs w Axl

Sell what exactly? How well DJ plays Slash's music? Dude's been in the band for 5 years and he and I have released the same number of songs w Axl

To talk about GnR in print and in the e-media; to promote GnR; to bring attention to GnR; shit like that.

Agreed.

I've said several times that I wish Axl would let DJ and BBF produce the next album. And that if he gave those two guys more power then we would already have CD2 in our car stereos now and the band would be working on album 3.

You'd think Axl hired the guy for more reasons than his faith in him to cover the work of the old guitar players.

I'd love to see what DJ can add musically to a GnR album. Just wish that Axl and Beta felt like that as well!!!

Here's the thing:

Axl knows that releasing an album made in collaboration with the likes of BBF and DJ would be an absolute joke. It would be the last nail in the coffin of GNR.

At least Axl has only one bomb of an album to the GNR name; he can still do the nostalgia tour thing and attract an audience.

If he releases a colossal mountain of shit that BBF and DJ would produce, then the crowds coming to his shows might dwindle. He can't risk that.

• Like 1

To talk about GnR in print and in the e-media; to promote GnR; to bring attention to GnR; shit like that.

ok, so the questions remain, what will he talk about to the e-media? promote and bring attention to yet another tour? not for anything but they got jack shit to promote -- better yet, all the songs he wrote for GnR that Axl wants no part of?

Here's the thing:

Axl knows that releasing an album made in collaboration with the likes of BBF and DJ would be an absolute joke. It would be the last nail in the coffin of GNR.

At least Axl has only one bomb of an album to the GNR name; he can still do the nostalgia tour thing and attract an audience.

If he releases a colossal mountain of shit that BBF and DJ would produce, then the crowds coming to his shows might dwindle. He can't risk that.

This reads like the thoughts of a guy with a built in agenda. The terms "absolute joke" and "colossal mountain of shit" sort of give you away.

The reality is that any future GNR album will have zero impact on the marketplace, and sure won't affect anything about how the band is perceived. 95% of the general public considers them broken up after 1993. The only ones interested in anything new are forum diehards like us. No one else alive will change their feeling on AFD because Axl later released a "colossal mountain of shit" under DJ, Ron, or anyone's eye.

I doubt Axl would know that before hiring him.

Maybe he really liked Saints of Los Angeles? I wouldn't peg Axl as the kind of guy to listen to much Crue, tho.

I think the Indiana connection had a big part in it.

Axl was actually quite stoked to go on tour with Motley back in the day.

Agreed.

Here's the thing:

I see what you are saying.

But CD did sell almost 4 million copies. I think anything with Axl Rose's name attached, with the GnR name attached, is going to draw curiosity from people.

I'd bet that a GnR album this year would still sell a couple million copies.

Maybe I'm blinded though by my love of Axl's singing/voice. I think Better, Catcher, SOD, TWAT, Shacklers are all really, really great songs. I'd love to have 2-3 more albums full of songs like those.

I don't really care if Axl gives us masterpieces like Nov Rain, SCOM, etc. I'd love to have albums full of rocketqueens, nightrains, you could be mines, etc.

If Axl takes him so much in consideration, shouldn't we?

Let's extrapolate that logic, shall we?

If Axl hates Slash so much, shouldn't we?

If Axl hires his former maid to run his business affairs, shouldn't we?

If Axl never shows up anywhere on time, shouldn't we?

If Axl disappears for 10 years, shouldn't we?

If Axl gets fat, shouldn't we?

If Axl has a halloween tree, shouldn't we?

The answer to all of the above is no. Except maybe the halloween tree. Jury's still out on that one.

You totally missed the point. I didn't say Axl has a way with personal relationships, I didn't say Axl has a way with time, a way with his public image, a way with food,or holidays.

I said Axl has a way with finding good musicians to work with. He does. If he picked DJ to write and possibly produce the next album, all I'm saying is that perhaps we should trust his judgement, because although he has let us all down many times in the past, he never failed to bring top notch artists to his group. That's all. I'm not saying we should do everything Axl does, jesus...

Edited by ManetsBR

While you can arguably question many of Axl's decisions, to me, he has never released a bad record. In fact, I consider every original GNR record to be great. So I have no reason to doubt his intuition in that regard.

Maybe that will change. But it hasn't yet.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

But CD did sell almost 4 million copies. I think anything with Axl Rose's name attached, with the GnR name attached, is going to draw curiosity from people.

I'd bet that a GnR album this year would still sell a couple million copies.

Maybe I'm blinded though by my love of Axl's singing/voice. I think Better, Catcher, SOD, TWAT, Shacklers are all really, really great songs. I'd love to have 2-3 more albums full of songs like those.

I don't really care if Axl gives us masterpieces like Nov Rain, SCOM, etc. I'd love to have albums full of rocketqueens, nightrains, you could be mines, etc.

Yeah but you're not trying to see it from Axl's point of view. The man has an ego, after all. He should very well have an ego, after what he accomplished in his heyday.

Marc Canter himself said that Axl wanted to "bury the old band" with his new band. Do you realize what that means? Axl thought his new band was going to be even huger than classic GNR.

And he went from that.... to having noise-shred-shit-guitarist BBF and sloppy-poser-glam-girl DJ.

You wanna tell me Axl's ego hasn't been crushed? You wanna believe Axl will risk even further ego-destruction by allowing DJ to release GNR-branded generic formulaic uninspired dad-rock with BBF's broken fax machine noises overlaid, with Pitman adding laughably boring basic synth pads?

And Axl didn't sit down with a pen and paper back in 86 and say "let me write some hard rockers" and come up with YCM or Nightrain or whatever. Those songs were organically written by those 5 guys together; if it were so easy to write songs like that, there would be more than one AFD out there by more than one band.

You give Axl way too much credit. And you give his employees a mind-boggling amount of credit, considering the absolutely worthless, boring garbage they've released in their careers. They were nobodies before becoming Axl's employees, and they'll be nobodies once they're fired. That goes for DJ too. Despite what this forum thinks, he's not even the most basic footnote in the history of rock music. He's nothing.