The Dress Thread

Lithium

I would actually like the dress if it wasn't for that ugly fish tail thing...

if they got rid of that and maybe shortened the sleeves a bit, it would be a nice dress

but then again, I like hoochie mama dresses :lol:

Kate Upton still looks good though :wub:

Edited by Gia
  • Like 2

We should have a threesome with her.

I could imagine the two of you hiding from the cops in a motel. Sweaty, clutching each other, by the window like Malcolm X with a glock in your hand.

if they got rid of that and maybe shortened the sleeves a bit, it would be a nice dress

That headpiece thing doesn't ruin anything for you? Edited by Johnny Drama
  • Like 1

We should have a threesome with her.

I could imagine the two of you hiding from the cops in a motel. Sweaty, clutching each other, by the window like Malcolm X with a glock in your hand.

what? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

That headpiece thing doesn't ruin anything for you?

With the length of that dress no, but if they were to take off that ugly fish tail thing, then yes it does.....

I would prefer maybe just one flower on the side

I kind of keep thinking that across the hip section of Kate Uptons dress the fringing is made up entirely of her pubic hair. I keep looking for little bits in between the stripes where a few strays might have escaped.

01CyFY4.jpg

Uuuugh!!!! And to think that the theme for the evening was 'elegance' in honour of couturier Charles James. How do you decide from that to wear a dress with an intergalactic image printed on it? :huh: Edited by Redhead74

Yeah, it's amazing how badly some celebrities dress when they don't have three stylists making all the decisions for them. Often the most stylish ones are those that aren't that beautiful. Like Sarah Jessica Parker for instance. She's not what you would say beautiful and she really knows how to dress. Some would laugh at the things she wears but she's quirky while still being incredibly stylish and she chooses everything herself. She has stylists sourcing pieces for her, but at the end of the day she decides what she's going to wear.

Always the most stylish people on this planet were not particularly beautiful, there was always something a little NQR about them physically and so they compensated for that by dressing in a certain way that set them apart from everyone else.

^ Yeah but is anything you've mentioned even pertinent to the discussion or rather does it have to be relevant?. ...I don't mean that in a douchey way but like you know what I mean? It's like you see those hackneyed red carpet events before an award show and it's just scores upon scores of crap dresses. Surely at least ten more of those birds on average could pick a better dress on a casual stroll down to the Bourke Street Mall. :lol:

It's not the worst dress posted in this thread. I think it's interesting. Not something I would wear, but Kate is working it.

Guest Len B'stard

01CyFY4.jpg

Uuuugh!!!! And to think that the theme for the evening was 'elegance' in honour of couturier Charles James. How do you decide from that to wear a dress with an intergalactic image printed on it? :huh:

You do, Redhead74, know what's in the print don't you?! I mean you really do, you must. Right? :mellow:

I dont, what is it?

It's the Death Star from Star Wars. I actually would have loved this dress if the theme for the evening was 'futuristic fashion' or the 'space age era' or something like that. But no, the theme for the gala was 'elegance' in honour of British couturier Charles James who migrated to the US and made some of the most extraordinary gowns throughout the 40s and 50s.

So basically, totally irrelevant, off the mark and out of place. But having said that, so was Kate Upton. I think she thought the theme was tawdry, buxom harlots. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

What, acting like i dont know about Star Wars? :lol: I know theres something called a death star in star wars from watching clerks but i didnt know what it looked like...still dont really, not exactly a clear pic.

Edited by sugaraylen

well, since we don't have a skirt thread, im gonna post it in here.

i think skirts from Dior current collection are breathtaking, and this one is probably the most beautiful thing i've seen in years.

2dbt46d.jpg

24zasmt.png

Raf Simmons is a genious

Edited by netcat

Yay! I've made skirts but didn't want to put them in this thread, but glad you introduced them netcat. That Dior one is lush. Here's a skirt I made using a William Morris Chinese knockoff print.

wl50ur.jpg

And drum roll please..... the wedding dress is finished! Thanks to Redhead for her valuable sewing advice. It looks much better on me. Hope that you like it.

It's been one heck of a journey, I've made a few big mistakes, there's been blood (literally), fat moments, and I've learned the burning temperature of organza. But I've owned a sewing machine for less than five months and have made a wedding dress. And that's an achievement in itself.

2uj1t2c.jpg

Edited by Gracii Guns
  • Like 3