The Dress Thread

Lithium

They do the whole debs thing here too, it is no different than prom night, 17 or 18 year olds finishing school have a night out where everyone gets dressed up. I think the original idea behind it is pretty much lost these days thankfully.

• Like 1

I owe you a like Patience ...

as for you question, I deleted my posts because I felt a little shy about the dress

It's not an amazing dress but I like that it covers my tummy a bit

I don't have a gut, but I know my stomach won't be where I want it to be no matter how much I work out in these next two weeks (well maybe)

Plus it's funny seeing Lithium look like he's talking to himself :lol:

I'm liking this dress http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress&ProductID=2000121619&VariantID=

simple

Chiffon is one of the trickiest fabrics to handle. Consider a georgette instead, it's a little heavier but you still get the transparency like chiffon. If you really want to give it a go though I highly recommend laying the fabric between butchers paper and then laying your pattern on top and cutting through all layers of paper. You get a much better cut on the fabric. And use a sharp needle in your machine. A blunt one will butcher your fabric. :)

Thank you for your advice Kim. I'll have a look out for Georgette, it sounds easier to hem then chiffon. A few weeks ago I had a lesson on making a rolled hem and chiffon was an absolute nightmare!

Didn't find any coral at the fabric stall today. Got a Halloween themed organza and a printed cotton though so a pretty good day out overall. :)

• Like 1

Back on topic here's me wearing my favourite black organza dress, with one of my good friends. What a great night we had!!!!

27zxevm.jpg

Lovely dress :)

Here's the dress I'm probably going to wear to my grad ball. Please excuse my smudgy mirror and tired face, and that the dress is quite crumpled at the moment from hanging in my wardrobe.

2014-04-09232143_zps6ea06a8b.jpg

Attempting to show the back. Thanks to my cat Roma for the photobomb :lol:

2014-04-09232402_zps7112fcd2.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Thank Christ I'm not a bird, must be horrible having to wear such uncomfortable clobber all the time. It looks bangin' and that but uncomfy as fuck to wear.

Edited by sugaraylen

Lovely dress ARQ, fits you well

How long is the tie at the back? Floor length?

Thanks! :)

Pretty much yeah, obviously if I tie it so the loops are bigger then the tails are shorter so it doesn't trail on the ground.

And Len, that particular dress is really comfortable! I just have to make sure I'm in high heels so I don't trip on the bottom of it :P

I'm just gonna give my honest opinion since people think I'm a bitch anyway :lol:

The dress is nice ARQ, I'm loving how the front looks on you, but to be perfectly honest it's not very flattering from the back

I think it's because you have a wide back so the bow thing accentuates it... maybe it can be tied a different way?

but overall it looks nice

Alright, yes, was wondering...white trailed on the ground isn't very practical! Bigger loops, make the tail (for want of a better word) butt length, if it doesn't make the loops look like bunny ears?

Yeah, I usually have the loops bigger (and neater) than that, just tied it quickly to take a picture. There is definitely a limit before it reaches bunny ear territory :lol:

I absolutely adore that blue and nude Chanel dress. It's beautiful and definitely want to try combining sky blue and nude soon, even if I'll never own that particular one myself.

I like yellow dresses. I've never owned one, but yellow is such a pure, joyful and summery colour. I really don't have the skin tone to pull it off though. I think that the next summer wedding I go to, I'll make a yellow dress.

15pqtr5.jpg

I know I said that I wouldn't post a photo of my wedding dress until I've finished it, but since I'm here uploading photos, I might as well. It's around 80% of the way there. Since taking that photo, the straps and neckline have altered drastically, but with that photo, you can at least see the general gist of what I'm going for.

2uii2k0.png

• Like 1

I absolutely adore that blue and nude Chanel dress. It's beautiful and definitely want to try combining sky blue and nude soon, even if I'll never own that particular one myself.

I like yellow dresses. I've never owned one, but yellow is such a pure, joyful and summery colour. I really don't have the skin tone to pull it off though. I think that the next summer wedding I go to, I'll make a yellow dress.

15pqtr5.jpg

I know I said that I wouldn't post a photo of my wedding dress until I've finished it, but since I'm here uploading photos, I might as well. It's around 80% of the way there. Since taking that photo, the straps and neckline have altered drastically, but with that photo, you can at least see the general gist of what I'm going for.

2uii2k0.png

I love it, Gracii! Great that you can make your own wedding dress. It looks like a great dress to wear too. As in comfortable, I mean, pleasant to wear;

• Like 1