Why do people bother following the band anymore?

Well regardless of whether I like the current situation of the band the old music will forever be something I am interested in

Plus I WANT GNR to succeed, I really do. I am invested in what they do for better or worse. And right now it is for worse

An original lineup is never going to happen, believe it.

The current lineup does not make new music, they just replay the songs written by the original lineup (poorly at that).

Axl's voice has gotten so bad (perhaps understandably) that to be fair, you'd be better off listening to Myles Kennedy with Slash.

I appreciate and love this band for what they did until UYI 2, but it's time to move on.

Why do we even bother following anymore?

Slash? Is that you?

Like dgeneration said, it's really not that much of a time consuming endeavor. Usually I'll spend maybe about an hr a day here altogether. Maybe two if I'm sick or have a pretty clear docket for the day. Lately it's been more among of the lines of 10-15 minutes, if even that.

The reason I come here? I love gnr, and like coming here to keep tabs on what all the people who were apart of the real deal are up to now. Lately, it hasn't been much. It's cool Duff is crashing on Axl's couch for a few days, but other than that, it's the same old it's been and I'm quite confident it'll stay that way until Axl kicks the bucket/retires. The only relative gnr thing to really look forward to is Slash's new album, and that's not till September.

Plus the laughter inducing soap opera this has turned into is a major attraction. Everything from the fan base to the current situation are (hilariously) more bat shit than ever. But even that hasn't been enough to kill the boredom of being apart of the gnr fandom lately. At least for me.

There's always that tiny, tiny chance things will change. Well, maybe not, but I lie to myself and laugh in the meantime.

I've been following Axl for about 25 years. Will continue to do so indefinitely, it seems. Pathetic.

This applies for me as well.

Except for the laughing part - though some comments really are priceless, so until things change I have my daily fix of MYGNR :)