Why is Axl wearing the jacket all the time on this tour?

Axl's jacket  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is with Axl and oversized everything? He is swimming in those clothes.

In all honesty. I understand him perfectly. I use oversize clothes when I'm around the house, there's no better pleasure than feeling freely comfortable. :thumbsup:

Isn't "around the house" the key part, though? :lol:

He wears it obviously because he doesn't fill too comfortable displaying around his fat body… The same applies to the hats and sunglasses - he wants to hide his hair and (aging) eyes.

Looking at the (poor) guy's shape and looks nowadays who can really blame him? :shrugs:

If he looked like Duff for sure he wouldn't be 'hiding'….

Edited by trqster

He wears it obviously because he doesn't fill too comfortable displaying around his fat body… The same applies to the hats and sunglasses - he wants to hide his hair and (aging) eyes.

Looking at the (poor) guy's shape and looks nowadays who can really blame him? :shrugs:

If he looked like Duff for sure he wouldn't be 'hiding'….

Sure, Duff is in great shape, but he's aged too, look at his face. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but some on here are acting like he hasn't aged a bit. The difference is he's in shape, that much is true. I'd still have Axl over Duff any day of the week. (Oops, did I say that out loud :lol: )

Duff with DJ and Beta? Here comes 30 pages of vitriol!

I think it's Richard that Duff is there for in this picture. They seem to be hanging out a lot together on this tour. I mean, they even did yoga together.

About Axl's jacket, I'm sure some of the reason for why he wears it is because he think it looks cool but I do think it also has something to do with the way he looks. He has to know how people are making fun of him because of his appearance.

In 2010 when I saw GN'R he wasn't wearing all that crap, he would start out with a jacket and the hat but later on in the show he got rid of the jacket and hat and just had on a t-shirt and his bandana. I guess as the critique got worse he started "hiding" more and in 2012 I remember at one of the three concerts I went to I actually got excited because he took his sunglasses and hat off at one point. He's so covered up that you barely see his face these days.

I personally think the oversized t-shirts and jackets make him look bigger than he is. And with the jacket zipped up the t-shirt sometimes even looks like a little skirt and I'm guessing that's not the look he's aiming for. He's a grown man and no one can tell him what to wear but I wish someone would point out to him that it's not a flattering look. Imo he looks much better off stage these days. I'm no fan of the yellow pants (though the pink ones from last year weren't any better) but the black shirt is fine. It does wonders for his look. It's simple and fits him great. If he'd only wear a pair of jeans instead of the sweat pants he'd look really good.

He's nowhere near fat for his age, he's fat for people's demanding expectations of Axl Rose, the guy has had some deranged but awesome looks and was always in pretty decent shape but now he's enjoying his later years with less intensity I guess.