Why is Axl wearing the jacket all the time on this tour?

Axl's jacket  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

John Bonham's "Return of The Fat" post was so much more honest than many cared to admit. Axl's seriously as big as a house in 2014. Bigger than ever, for sure. Honestly, it's sad to watch a rock idol like Axl let himself go like this.

So many people here call Axl fat, I wonder what some of you look like who say that. I guarantee that some of the people saying that are more obese than Axl.

He's got a little belly. Technically, you could call him "fat" because of it, but in reality he's just a little pudgy. People who are truly obese don't have legs like this:

axlbruises.jpg

It doesn't matter if any of use are more obese than Axl. None of us have millions of dollars to hire a personal trainer to get back in shape. Comparing Axl Rose to any "average Joe" is ridiculous. When you compare him to Jon Bon Jovi and/or Bruce Springsteen, than there's an argument.

"He's got a little belly," yeah, so why does he hide it? Why does he hide behind layers of clothes? For shits and giggles? He can have skinny legs but be out of shape, it's called being bloated. It in his face and his gut. Probably from medication or alcohol. Or both. When you compare him to how he was in 2006, or even 2010, he's out of shape. You can argue all you want, but it's the truth.

I'm not arguing. I'm just saying that I think people exaggerate Axl's weight, and I feel like there's amplified focus on it for no reason. If he got even fatter and sang like Pavarotti (that was a figurative statement by the way, not literal), people would be praising him. I think part of the criticism stems from his towelie voice, the lack of music, and his refusal to reunite the old band.

• Like 1

So many people here call Axl fat, I wonder what some of you look like who say that. I guarantee that some of the people saying that are more obese than Axl.

He's got a little belly. Technically, you could call him "fat" because of it, but in reality he's just a little pudgy. People who are truly obese don't have legs like this:

axlbruises.jpg

Are we charging people money to watch us perform?

I know I'm not, but I can only speak for myself.

axlbruises.jpg

It doesn't matter if any of use are more obese than Axl. None of us have millions of dollars to hire a personal trainer to get back in shape. Comparing Axl Rose to any "average Joe" is ridiculous. When you compare him to Jon Bon Jovi and/or Bruce Springsteen, than there's an argument.

"He's got a little belly," yeah, so why does he hide it? Why does he hide behind layers of clothes? For shits and giggles? He can have skinny legs but be out of shape, it's called being bloated. It in his face and his gut. Probably from medication or alcohol. Or both. When you compare him to how he was in 2006, or even 2010, he's out of shape. You can argue all you want, but it's the truth.

I'm not arguing. I'm just saying that I think people exaggerate Axl's weight, and I feel like there's amplified focus on it for no reason. If he got even fatter and sang like Pavarotti (that was a figurative statement by the way, not literal), people would be praising him. I think part of the criticism stems from his towelie voice, the lack of music, and his refusal to reunite the old band.

Yeah, I think that too. If he actually looked like he gave a fuck about himself and his band, we wouldn't have these types of threads. But, we do because there's not much else to talk about. I think if he was still singing with rasp, or atleast like he was in 2011, we would not have much criticism regarding his weight. Or, if he, ya know, released a new album. It just so happens we stuck in a paradox of nothing right now and it's getting people pissed off and bored because it's sad to see such a talented singer like Axl Rose neglected to this. There's amplified focus of Axl's weight because is possible that could be playing a part in his vocals. Not to mention he was in fantastic shape no more than 8 years ago and he sounded great. Hell, even 2010 he was in decent shape and was singing great. If his weight is hurting his performance, than it's going to be talk about.

And why he keep the name? To become a nostalgia act?

Edited by GNR123GNR456

axlbruises.jpg

I get your point, but if he was super jolly fat yet singing with inspired strident raspy brilliance, I wouldn't care. You should know that my favorite nuGuns gig is Dublin 2010, where they threw bottles at him and for the entire show (after he left and came back), he was virtually motionless, but was killer on the vocals.

axlbruises.jpg

I get your point, but if he was super jolly fat yet singing with inspired strident raspy brilliance, I wouldn't care. You should know that my favorite nuGuns gig is Dublin 2010, where they threw bottles at him and for the entire show (after he left and came back), he was virtually motionless, but was killer on the vocals.

Yeah, it would be cool. But, he's not singing with rasp, or with any power really. People are paying $150 to see a man go through the motions because he's to lazy to get in shape and get motivated. That's not fair.

If Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Jon Bon Jovi, or any other frontmen known for being sleek looking, energetic, stage performers ballooned the way Axl Rose has in the last few years, you can bet their fans wouldn't be happy about it. It's not fun watching your idol destroy himself and his reputation...

• Like 1

I am waiting for the day Axl randomly drops by one of these threads in the dead of night

Shut up u anorexic, stick insect, hypochondriac, bulimic, intravenously-fed obnoxious twisted, tedious motherfuckin molluscs, what I choose 2 eat n' drink is my own business, not urs, not ur personal trainers, not ur nutritionists, not ur mommy or daddy or even ur God's business, and definitely not anything to do with this fuckin' ghoulish forum buddy circle jerk thing you all got going on here. Nice place, wonder why I don't stop by for chitchat more often? I'm busy blocking thread by thread on this goddamn site so DJ doesn't spend all night he oughta be practisin coming up with new hashtags, Oh yeah, twitter - I follow no one cuz I don't give a fuck who you are, you're all little people on a power trip, I'll punch ur lights out if you @ me. At least Jarko over at Here 2day, Gone to Dinner has some decency and decorum, some sanity and gestapo-level compassion. I'm not as scrawny n' ginger as I used to be - BIG DEAL - things change, funny how everything was bloated when we held onto the dom perignon, just because you're complaining don't mean ur the brazilian ones. And for the rest of you, SURPRISE THREE HOUR MEETING COMING UP!!! - Axl

• Like 3

John Bonham's "Return of The Fat" post was so much more honest than many cared to admit. Axl's seriously as big as a house in 2014. Bigger than ever, for sure. Honestly, it's sad to watch a rock idol like Axl let himself go like this.

indeed.

those who claim that axl isn't fat are clueless. he weighs more than 100 kg (220 pounds) without a doubt.

That moment when I realise that I am probably bigger than Axl and everyone is ripping into how fat and ugly he is.

You can all f*@k off :(:lol:

No worries if you were a millionaire you'd be buff as shit ofcourse :P

indeed.

those who claim that axl isn't fat are clueless. he weighs more than 100 kg (220 pounds) without a doubt.

Idk man he's like my height I think or less 5 9 and he's just all gut his arms and legs arnt fat or muscular id say he's like 185-200 at the most all belly :) Edited by Estranged Coma
  • Like 1

I am waiting for the day Axl randomly drops by one of these threads in the dead of night

Shut up u anorexic, stick insect, hypochondriac, bulimic, intravenously-fed obnoxious twisted, tedious motherfuckin molluscs, what I choose 2 eat n' drink is my own business, not urs, not ur personal trainers, not ur nutritionists, not ur mommy or daddy or even ur God's business, and definitely not anything to do with this fuckin' ghoulish forum buddy circle jerk thing you all got going on here. Nice place, wonder why I don't stop by for chitchat more often? I'm busy blocking thread by thread on this goddamn site so DJ doesn't spend all night he oughta be practisin coming up with new hashtags, Oh yeah, twitter - I follow no one cuz I don't give a fuck who you are, you're all little people on a power trip, I'll punch ur lights out if you @ me. At least Jarko over at Here 2day, Gone to Dinner has some decency and decorum, some sanity and gestapo-level compassion. I'm not as scrawny n' ginger as I used to be - BIG DEAL - things change, funny how everything was bloated when we held onto the dom perignon, just because you're complaining don't mean ur the brazilian ones. And for the rest of you, SURPRISE THREE HOUR MEETING COMING UP!!! - Axl

:lol: