The "I also get dressed in the morning but I don't make a big deal of it" thread.

Thin White Duke

Come on guys, cut it out, or you'll both end up crying. *switches off mommy mode*

On topic: :lol: thread title

I like wearing something nice, but I'm not up to speed with the latest trends and don't care if I'm wearing something that is 'so 2012'. It's not something I think too much about. When I'm going out to a party or something, I can think about what to wear, but not on an average workday. I think jeans and a T-shirt works great :shrugs:

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard
And you know that people discuss shit they don't care about all the time here. Threads like these are no different than talking about any other topic they may have an opinion on but at the end of the day they don't really give a shit about.

See I could swallow that if this thread wasn't a direct reaction to the fact that there are threads about clothes on this forum lately, I mean read the topic title, the thread is a reaction, not some kinda pithy off the top of the head thing that someone put up for idle discussion, it's a calculated counter-point with an underlying theme of ridicule of the opposite pole.

Nah man, it's just another thread. Really. You and somebody else have to take it to another level, for whatever reason. Facekicker posted one sentence and you responded with an essay, defining what fashion is and going on about why people react to others and it's because they feel this way and that way. Someone says they like jeans and a tshirt and suddenly there's a psychological diatribe as to what their problems are, why they started the thread, why they hold the opinions they do. I'm all for discussion, I'm all for debate, but I don't have a lot of patience for condescending babble. Unfortunately that's how a lot of these threads go lately, and it's the same people turning them that way.

So lets get this straight, a couple of threads about clothes appear, a group of about 2 or 3 or 5 people go around those threads making comments like FAAAG and going through the thing for a good concerted while taking the piss out of people who dare to care about clothes and all this goes right over your head...then a thread pops up, with a title presenting itself clearly as a counterpoint and you're like it's just another thread, really. But it's not, even the person who made the thread has said that it is what I'm suggesting it is, honestly, I'm kinda wondering why you don't see that, or refuse to see that, even when the OP has kinda stated it pretty clearly.

What it is really is is a bunch of people that like to make jokes but can't take jokes, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that, I'm not in the business of sense of humour transplants. I don't mind people taking the piss, in fact I enjoy it...but then why the big issue when it comes from the other angle? I don't get it, i really don't.

As far as the condescending babble, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Not being rude here, I mean i literally am not sure what instance you're refering to, I'm guessing it's the whole thing about jeans and t shirts being as much a conscious sartorial choice as anything else and could be said to be indicative of caring about fashion as deeply as anyone else? I'm not sure why you think thats condescending, if in fact thats the instance you're talking about. Is it the idea that I'm kinda trying to figure out what lies behind the choices other people make? Like I'm kinda telling instead of asking? Well if thats the case tell me I'm wrong, explain yourself, why is that difficult? But don't then have a go at me just cuz I'm looking at something it, assessing it and attempting to work out why it is the way it is, thats not some kinda capital crime, in fact I'd call that being sober and reasonable in the face of what is often really just piss-taking.

Furthermore, I'm not who this someone else is but I assure you I speak for myself and myself only, if you have any issues with someone else on here I'm really not aware of them or how it relates to me.

Edited by sugaraylen

I personally just love (LOVE!) to shop and look good. It's not rocket science.

Nice. And you have like 4 or 5 threads to show your love for that. This is just a thread for those who don't find it that awesome... and for Dazey.

Oh, I know. I'm not here to shit on your thread, there are others who can do that.

My point was not that I love fashion (and I do) but that it literally isn't rocket science.

Oh, get it. And yeah, that's another thing that amuses me when reading these threads. I mean, it's not that difficult, is it? :lol:
Nah, it's piss easy. The easiest $11.1 billion that Miuccia Prada ever made, the easiest $9 billion that Giorgio Armani ever made, the easiest $7 billion that Ralph Lauren ever made. :lol: I guess if its that easy it's those that AREN'T doing it that are the morons then. :awesomeface:

And yes I agree, it LITERALLY isn't rocket science, is it? Smart observation :thumbsup:

:lol:

Err, yes, it's a multi-billion dollar industry. Thanks for letting us all know something we already know.

I don't need you to confirm what a smart observation is. You wouldn't know what one is if it smacked you in the head. Multiple times.

Im in class in a tattered Red Wings jersey

cameron+frye.jpg
Has anyone ever mentioned that this looks a lot like Powerage. :lol:

Haha, there is an uncanny resemblance, but not to Powerage. :lol:

Right and there's also a difference between fashion and trends, fashion means relating to clothes and y'know, I'd wager that the people that confine themselves to two types of garment (i.e. jeans and t shirt) care as much about fashion as the one this thread is criticising. I mean thats pretty militant, confining yourself to two types of clothing...surely if you didn't care there wouldn't be a need for such a strict rule.

The position is further exposed by the fact that a lot of the people that appear to be banging on with the 'only jeans and a t shirt because we don't care about how we look' schtick are the same people that cry gaayyy or fag or whatever whenever something relating to clothes is discussed, quite frankly it's pretty transparent, the ones acting like they don't care are the ones with the strictest standards regarding clothes, the ones that will try the least shit, are against a wide range of ideas regarding clothes.

And these are the ones that don't care, right? Hmm, yeah :lol: It appears the ones who don't care have the most rules about this shit.

And also, in the context of this forum, they're the ones getting wound up about clothing being discussed, if it don't matter to you then why the issue?

No, I don't think the people who feel most comfortable in jeans and a tshirt are banging on fashion because they have the strictest standards. They have their own standards yes, but hell, so does everyone else. I think they're banging on it because they don't like other people defining what their standards should be. They have their own definition of fashion and style, and they don't need someone else to define it for them, or put them down for it They're not looking for acknowledgement from others by posting a pair of shoes or a jacket and asking Is it okay to buy it? Is it? Is it? You go shopping with friends and you get their opinion on something you try on, that's one thing. You post a picture of a shirt, and no one here has any idea what you look like, height, weight, build, nothing, and you're supposed to tell them they'll look great? It's kind of funny when you think about it.

And you know that people discuss shit they don't care about all the time here. Threads like these are no different than talking about any other topic they may have an opinion on but at the end of the day they don't really give a shit about. It's basically what the whole forum is about. I wouldn't single out threads like these as being any different.

:rofl-lol:

Ouch. Someone's a little grumpy.

And you know that people discuss shit they don't care about all the time here. Threads like these are no different than talking about any other topic they may have an opinion on but at the end of the day they don't really give a shit about.

See I could swallow that if this thread wasn't a direct reaction to the fact that there are threads about clothes on this forum lately, I mean read the topic title, the thread is a reaction, not some kinda pithy off the top of the head thing that someone put up for idle discussion, it's a calculated counter-point with an underlying theme of ridicule of the opposite pole.

Nah man, it's just another thread. Really. You and somebody else have to take it to another level, for whatever reason. Facekicker posted one sentence and you responded with an essay, defining what fashion is and going on about why people react to others and it's because they feel this way and that way. Someone says they like jeans and a tshirt and suddenly there's a psychological diatribe as to what their problems are, why they started the thread, why they hold the opinions they do. I'm all for discussion, I'm all for debate, but I don't have a lot of patience for condescending babble. Unfortunately that's how a lot of these threads go lately, and it's the same people turning them that way.

So lets get this straight, a couple of threads about clothes appear, a group of about 2 or 3 or 5 people go around those threads making comments like FAAAG and going through the thing for a good concerted while taking the piss out of people who dare to care about clothes and all this goes right over your head...then a thread pops up, with a title presenting itself clearly as a counterpoint and you're like it's just another thread, really. But it's not, even the person who made the thread has said that it is what I'm suggesting it is, honestly, I'm kinda wondering why you don't see that, or refuse to see that, even when the OP has kinda stated it pretty clearly.

What it is really is is a bunch of people that like to make jokes but can't take jokes, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that, I'm not in the business of sense of humour transplants. I don't mind people taking the piss, in fact I enjoy it...but then why the big issue when it comes from the other angle? I don't get it, i really don't.

As far as the condescending babble, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Not being rude here, I mean i literally am not sure what instance you're refering to, I'm guessing it's the whole thing about jeans and t shirts being as much a conscious sartorial choice as anything else and could be said to be indicative of caring about fashion as deeply as anyone else? I'm not sure why you think thats condescending, if in fact thats the instance you're talking about. Is it the idea that I'm kinda trying to figure out what lies behind the choices other people make? Like I'm kinda telling instead of asking? Well if thats the case tell me I'm wrong, explain yourself, why is that difficult? But don't then have a go at me just cuz I'm looking at something it, assessing it and attempting to work out why it is the way it is, thats not some kinda capital crime, in fact I'd call that being sober and reasonable in the face of what is often really just piss-taking.

Furthermore, I'm not who this someone else is but I assure you I speak for myself and myself only, if you have any issues with someone else on here I'm really not aware of them or how it relates to me.

Thanks Len, you don't disappoint, I'll give you that. It's exactly what I expected.

Guest Len B'stard

Thanks Len, you don't disappoint, I'll give you that. It's exactly what I expected.

Well you keep providing the vague subtle non-commital references to God knows what and I'll keep tripping over my stupidity trying to work out what the fuck you're talking about :lol:

"What it is really is is a bunch of people that like to make jokes but can't take jokes". Hilarious shit is hilarious. :lol:

And that'd be you, the one that tries to be all cool and humourous then turns into a massive bitch everytime the shit dont fall on the side you want it :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

That is your opinion man, therefore you're right.

And here we have the definition of acting like a tart :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen