The "I also get dressed in the morning but I don't make a big deal of it" thread.

Thin White Duke

Guest Len B'stard

Yes...and where have you interpreted me to be saying don't be contrary? Be contrary, be contrary all day long, that doesn't mean I can't challenge or question that opinion, I'm just questioning the nature of your particular contrary opinion as i think it's full of shit, that isn't to say you shouldn't be contrary any more than 'I've never sat well with the idea of 'don't be contrary' ' is saying that every time a contrary opinion is presented that it is infallible by default :lol: You've not thought this through, have you? :lol:

For me, it's a balance.

If it's my day off and I don't plan on doing anything in particular, I have no problem taking a trip to the supermarket in a t-shirt and basketball shorts. As a matter of fact, I just went a picked up a pizza in basketball shorts and sandals.... :D

On the other hand, it feels good to make yourself look good for the right occasion. I usually wear either polo/golf shirts w/ dress pants or shirts/ties for work. If I go out somewhere, (like a club/lounge, bar,etc. )I usually wear a "cool looking" shirt with designer jeans and a decent looking pair of shoes.

For "daytime" clothing, if I'm going to a park or the beach, I usually put on a golf shirt with khaki shorts...with either sandals or sneakers.

Ha, I never cared what anybody thought of what I wear. It's a proud tradition really. In highschool I was the oddball with baggy pants, long hair, wide bandshirts.. In college and uni I was the guy in the kilt or the large yellow tartan 3/4 shorts. Or the corduroy patch 70's pants. I liked being the odd one out. Never had a problem with it. I also used to dig the reactions. From giggling 14 year olds laughing at me to old ladies stopping me on the street to tell me they liked seeing a young person wearing such colourful clothing (that actually happened, more than once). I always cared about looks, but never about fashion. I just did what I thought was fun, and I dug the reactions. Positive and negative. Yes, I did mellow out (or grow up?) a bit, but I still like that. I don't mind showing up at work in jeans and a bandshirt. I don't mind wearing a pyjama or sweatpants to the store/supermarket. I've always thought fashion is awfully pretentious. Still a bit of an alternative teen at heart maybe. ;)

Guest Len B'stard

I didn't get dressed this morning. Think about that.

Yeah but you spent your morning in your basement with a young bodybuilder gaffer taped to a chair so it don't count :lol:

Ha, I never cared what anybody thought of what I wear. It's a proud tradition really. In highschool I was the oddball with baggy pants, long hair, wide bandshirts.. In college and uni I was the guy in the kilt or the large yellow tartan 3/4 shorts. Or the corduroy patch 70's pants. I liked being the odd one out. Never had a problem with it. I also used to dig the reactions. From giggling 14 year olds laughing at me to old ladies stopping me on the street to tell me they liked seeing a young person wearing such colourful clothing (that actually happened, more than once). I always cared about looks, but never about fashion. I just did what I thought was fun, and I dug the reactions. Positive and negative. Yes, I did mellow out (or grow up?) a bit, but I still like that. I don't mind showing up at work in jeans and a bandshirt. I don't mind wearing a pyjama or sweatpants to the store/supermarket. I've always thought fashion is awfully pretentious. Still a bit of an alternative teen at heart maybe. ;)

Sounds like a giant attention whore to me.