The "I also get dressed in the morning but I don't make a big deal of it" thread.

Thin White Duke

right. and there’s another aspect of it, like people from the countries that used to live in political and economic isolation, like Russia or China, they didn’t have an access to all those luxury stuff. And now they just can’t get enough. Also most of those rich Russian guys didn’t earn their fortune but stole money from the state. so they probably feel like easy comes easy goes.. they feel insecure and rush to spend today, as tomorrow some other gangster might take away their business, or they can get a bullet in a head, or "iron curtain" closes again :lol:

I come to mygnr to circlejerk about my watch with other people who come to mygnr to circlejerk about their watches. Anyone who comes to mygnr and doesn't do this is clearly a fat nerd with no sense of style. Oh, I know, I'll go and post a clever gif of a fat person about them in the gif thread! Look lithium! Teehee.

Divine mistress redhead, what do you think of this jacket?

The coolest people I've ever met are a without a doubt those who don't care about their image. They may even wear something entirely unfashionable but they can carry it because they're so comfortable in their own skin.

Jeans, random t-shirt. Boots or Chuck Taylors. Repeat.

But when my wife forgets about her duties in keeping me well-dressed and looking presentable, I just put on whatever I have laying available AS LONG AS IT IS COMFORTABLE. As I said, I can't be bothered anymore. I bought this light-weight, comfortable trousers for biking to and from work. I have found I can't bother to change when I get home from work so I just keep on wearing it. It is also very good when I am out working in the garden, carrying fire wood, renovating the basement, etc. It now has holes in it and dirt everywhere, but I don't care. BECAUSE IT IS COMFORTABLE and as long as my wife doesn't tell me to put on something else, I DON'T CARE. This lovely trousers is usually accentuated with whatever t-shirt is at the top in my drawer to give a consistent look that says "Whatever".

Don't get me wrong, I do dress up when I have to, like at work and when going to parties and so on - and enjoy it. But my days of caring about what strangers, neighbours, people in shops, and so on thinks about me, are long gone now. I don't need to impress these people and I don't care if I don't.

those who care about fashion care most about the impression they are

placing on you....i wear american eagle t-shirts inside out cause i aint

your fucking billboard...armani can suck me

cheers-2.gif

The rest that are so thristy of attention that think 4 threads for their shit aren't enough, GTFO, this is a thread for the uncool boring people. Leave us alone. Except Lith, Lith can stay.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Tell me, why are clothes somehow a less honourable topic of discussion that say...sports, or music, or alcohol, telling someone about your day? All this from a David Bowie fan, i ask you :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Tell me, why are clothes somehow a less honourable topic of discussion that say...sports, or music, or alcohol, telling someone about your day?

And that's why you have plenty of threads where you can discuss it and be cool. :) I'm just pointing out that this is a thread for people who don't care for their fashion, therefore you're in the wrong thread. I don't go to the baseball thread and talk about how good Messi is. Just stop being all over the place and get a hobby ourside the forum Len.

3 lol smileys.

Guest Len B'stard

Tell me, why are clothes somehow a less honourable topic of discussion that say...sports, or music, or alcohol, telling someone about your day?

And that's why you have plenty of threads where you can discuss it and be cool. :) I'm just pointing out that this is a thread for people who don't care for their fashion, therefore you're in the wrong thread. I don't go to the baseball thread and talk about how good Messi is. Just stop being all over the place and get a hobby ourside the forum Len.

3 lol smileys.

So, in short, to combat the fact that there are loads of threads about clothes on the forum you decide to make a thread....about clothes? :lol: Well done genius, thats gonna change the tide eh? :lol:

As for the last bit of your post, let me clear this up, the guy engaging in 'forum topic war' is telling me to get a life? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

I personally just love (LOVE!) to shop and look good. It's not rocket science.

Nice. And you have like 4 or 5 threads to show your love for that. This is just a thread for those who don't find it that awesome... and for Dazey.

Oh, I know. I'm not here to shit on your thread, there are others who can do that.

My point was not that I love fashion (and I do) but that it literally isn't rocket science.

Oh, get it. And yeah, that's another thing that amuses me when reading these threads. I mean, it's not that difficult, is it? :lol:
Nah, it's piss easy. The easiest $11.1 billion that Miuccia Prada ever made, the easiest $9 billion that Giorgio Armani ever made, the easiest $7 billion that Ralph Lauren ever made. :lol: I guess if its that easy it's those that AREN'T doing it that are the morons then. :awesomeface:

And yes I agree, it LITERALLY isn't rocket science, is it? Smart observation :thumbsup:

:lol:

Err, yes, it's a multi-billion dollar industry. Thanks for letting us all know something we already know.

I don't need you to confirm what a smart observation is. You wouldn't know what one is if it smacked you in the head. Multiple times.

Im in class in a tattered Red Wings jersey

cameron+frye.jpg

Has anyone ever mentioned that this looks a lot like Powerage. :lol:

Haha, there is an uncanny resemblance, but not to Powerage. :lol:

Right and there's also a difference between fashion and trends, fashion means relating to clothes and y'know, I'd wager that the people that confine themselves to two types of garment (i.e. jeans and t shirt) care as much about fashion as the one this thread is criticising. I mean thats pretty militant, confining yourself to two types of clothing...surely if you didn't care there wouldn't be a need for such a strict rule.

The position is further exposed by the fact that a lot of the people that appear to be banging on with the 'only jeans and a t shirt because we don't care about how we look' schtick are the same people that cry gaayyy or fag or whatever whenever something relating to clothes is discussed, quite frankly it's pretty transparent, the ones acting like they don't care are the ones with the strictest standards regarding clothes, the ones that will try the least shit, are against a wide range of ideas regarding clothes.

And these are the ones that don't care, right? Hmm, yeah :lol: It appears the ones who don't care have the most rules about this shit.

And also, in the context of this forum, they're the ones getting wound up about clothing being discussed, if it don't matter to you then why the issue?

No, I don't think the people who feel most comfortable in jeans and a tshirt are banging on fashion because they have the strictest standards. They have their own standards yes, but hell, so does everyone else. I think they're banging on it because they don't like other people defining what their standards should be. They have their own definition of fashion and style, and they don't need someone else to define it for them, or put them down for it They're not looking for acknowledgement from others by posting a pair of shoes or a jacket and asking Is it okay to buy it? Is it? Is it? You go shopping with friends and you get their opinion on something you try on, that's one thing. You post a picture of a shirt, and no one here has any idea what you look like, height, weight, build, nothing, and you're supposed to tell them they'll look great? It's kind of funny when you think about it.

And you know that people discuss shit they don't care about all the time here. Threads like these are no different than talking about any other topic they may have an opinion on but at the end of the day they don't really give a shit about. It's basically what the whole forum is about. I wouldn't single out threads like these as being any different.

• Like 1

Who said I was combating anything? I told you but I will repeat because it seems you can't understand: I'm ok with 300 threads about the fascinating world of clothes, I just made one where people who differ about their importance can share their opinion and tastes freely. I hope you get it this time, genius. What, people can differ as long as you're ok with it but not if you don't like it? Cool.

Now tell me again how you don't dislike anyone because you put a lol after every sentence. :lol: :lol: :lol::bitchfight:

tumblr_md42dow0sv1r5x5zu.gif

Guest Len B'stard
No, I don't think the people who feel most comfortable in jeans and a tshirt are banging on fashion because they have the strictest standards.

I'd say thats pretty strict a standard don't you think? 'i only wear jeans and a random t shirt', random being defined by T shirt that i chose bought and paid for, so by definition thats kinda the opposite of random. And these are the people that 'don't care what i wear', right.

I think they're banging on it because they don't like other people defining what their standards should be.

How'd you mean?

They have their own definition of fashion and style,

Right and this is my point exactly...but thats not whats being said here.

You go shopping with friends and you get their opinion on something you try on, that's one thing. You post a picture of a shirt, and no one here has any idea what you look like, height, weight, build, nothing, and you're supposed to tell them they'll look great? It's kind of funny when you think about it.

Right but you can at least give SOMETHING of an opinion right, as people are doing in those threads? Like you can show me a t shirt and ask me if it looks good in and of itself and I can give you an opinion about that and that alone, kind of a starting point from where to progress to the second issue i.e. does it look good on YOU...or him or her or whatever.

And you know that people discuss shit they don't care about all the time here. Threads like these are no different than talking about any other topic they may have an opinion on but at the end of the day they don't really give a shit about.

See I could swallow that if this thread wasn't a direct reaction to the fact that there are threads about clothes on this forum lately, I mean read the topic title, the thread is a reaction, not some kinda pithy off the top of the head thing that someone put up for idle discussion, it's a calculated counter-point with an underlying theme of ridicule of the opposite pole.

Guest Len B'stard
Who said I was combating anything? I told you but I will repeat because it seems you can't understand: I'm ok with 300 threads about the fascinating world of clothes, I just made one where people who differ about their importance can share their opinion and tastes freely. I hope you get it this time, genius. What, people can differ as long as you're ok with it but not if you don't like it? Cool.

I said you were and it's clear as day and the fact that you appear to be getting kinda emotional about it here is really quite telling :lol: This thread has nothing to do with differing and everything to do with you being a bitch, face it :lol: It's literally that childish like if i see two threads about metal and then make a thread called 'thread for people with short hair that like music that doesn't involve heavy riffs, dressing in black and sounding like a St Bernard with a sore throat' :lol: Don't try and be all slick and clever and take the piss and then get all self righteous just cuz someone takes the piss back.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

cameron+frye.jpg
Has anyone ever mentioned that this looks a lot like Powerage. :lol:

Haha, there is an uncanny resemblance, but not to Powerage. :lol:

oh-snap-gif-1.gif

I hadn't even read that essay of Len before Patience made her post.

So, I open the wardrobe and put on the first 2 items I find because I am incredibly concerned about it and want to make a statement? That's a big loads of bollocks in there. You know what I envy? Your twisting words and demagoguing ability.

Edited by Thin White Duke

There was a time where I spent a lot of time on having a specific look and when I look back at pictures of myself from that period I just :facepalm: I feel like I was trying way too hard to send out a certain message with my clothes and what I stood for.

Now I don't care. Yes, I like to wear clothes I think look nice, but I don't even spend half the time on my look now that I did before and I think I look much better now really. I mostly just wear a pair of pants and a sweater (or a top for summer). My style is very casual now and I have never felt more comfortable. I don't know why I didn't just do this years ago and saved myself a lot of money and insecurities.

I said you were and it's clear as day and the fact that you appear to be getting kinda emotional about it here is really quite telling :lol: This thread has nothing to do with differing and everything to do with you being a bitch, face it :lol: It's literally that childish like if i see two threads about metal and then make a thread called 'thread for people with short hair that like music that doesn't involve heavy riffs, dressing in black and sounding like a St Bernard with a sore throat' :lol: Don't try and be all slick and clever and take the piss and then get all self righteous just cuz someone takes the piss back.

How judgmental.

If you see my first post and the Jim carrey meme, the first impression you get it's obviously that I'm crying inside. Even the admin of the forum noticed it. You know what's childish and bitching? Yo come here just to say how bad I am and how rude and why don't I like clothes if they are facinating!! You can fool half the forum, you can't fool me.

4 lol smileys for you.

Guest Len B'stard
I open the wardrobe and put on the first 2 items I find

Well lets hope you don't grab two pairs of drawers then eh? :lol: The first two items from out of your closet which I guess your purchased whilst blindfolded right...cuz you don't care what you are cuz you're SOOO gangsta :lol:

You know what I envy? Your twisting words and demagoguing ability.

Awww, does the great humorist need a hankie here or what? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard
If you see my first post and the Jim carrey meme, the first impression you get it's obviously that I'm crying inside.

The problem there being i wasn't saying you were crying at your first post, did i? Nooope. I'd say 'good try' but uh...it wasn't really, was it? :lol: Oh look, another smiley, somebody get the kid a damp flannel! :lol:

You know what's childish and bitching? Yo come here just to say how bad I am and how rude and why don't I like clothes if they are facinating

OK, I'll bear in mind not to do that then and just carry on taking the piss out of you :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Oh man, I quit. You win.

#Ashbaswag

Thank you, I agree! Would it be asking too much if I could have perhaps a certificate or a plaque to that effect? Nothing too detailed, my name in big letters, some sort of brief statement regarding my general infallibility, you know the sort of thing i mean :D

Oh man, I quit. You win.

#Ashbaswag

Thank you, I agree! Would it be asking too much if I could have perhaps a certificate or a plaque to that effect? Nothing too detailed, my name in big letters, some sort of brief statement regarding my general infallibility, you know the sort of thing i mean :D

are you sure you dont want an embroidered silk hankerchief?

Guest Len B'stard

Oh man, I quit. You win.

#Ashbaswag

are you sure you dont want an embroidered silk hankerchief?

That'll work! :D

I'm glad you can be on the Internet the cool guy you always wanted to be. :) Live the dream.

Now go throw another hissy fit because people like someone you allegedly don't dislike either. Being full of shit, they call it.

Don't think it was maybe a joke about the plaque, maybe? Possibly? And it's me throwing a hissy fit yeah? :lol: Somebody needs a mug of hot chocolate and a rom-com :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

And you know that people discuss shit they don't care about all the time here. Threads like these are no different than talking about any other topic they may have an opinion on but at the end of the day they don't really give a shit about.

See I could swallow that if this thread wasn't a direct reaction to the fact that there are threads about clothes on this forum lately, I mean read the topic title, the thread is a reaction, not some kinda pithy off the top of the head thing that someone put up for idle discussion, it's a calculated counter-point with an underlying theme of ridicule of the opposite pole.

Nah man, it's just another thread. Really. You and somebody else have to take it to another level, for whatever reason. Facekicker posted one sentence and you responded with an essay, defining what fashion is and going on about why people react to others and it's because they feel this way and that way. Someone says they like jeans and a tshirt and suddenly there's a psychological diatribe as to what their problems are, why they started the thread, why they hold the opinions they do. I'm all for discussion, I'm all for debate, but I don't have a lot of patience for condescending babble. Unfortunately that's how a lot of these threads go lately, and it's the same people turning them that way.

• Like 1