Marilyn Manson - Cupid Carries A GUN - New Single

tim101

I liked him and his band in the Portrait Of An American Family- Mechanical Animals heyday, it's a shame he started taking himself so seriously and just being all around cringewrorthy.

I cant listen to stuff like Antichrist Superstar these days, HUUUGE cringe factor.

He got rid of the musicians that got him to where he was in that classic fashion.

The original guitarist Scott Putesky or Daisy Berkowitz (also the dude which came up with the dual names) played some cool shit, I liked his style.

Guest Len B'stard

I think he's shite and he was always shite. Always appeared to be trying hard to shock but you never got an idea what for or what purpose it served, it was just kooky, an updated Alice Cooper thing with none of the charm and comedy.

Sounds freaky just like the old Manson.

I saw MM open for Alice Cooper last year and seeing him once before and not impressed, I'd say he really delivered this time.

I think opening for AC, Marilyn realized he better bring it because AC does every time.

I really enjoyed the show. MM sounded good and he did some cool shit on stage too.

Sounds like he might be getting his act together again. Good for him.

I saw the Portrait or maybe SLC tour in a small club in the mid 90's. I went again last year on the Alice Cooper tour because I got in for free. The dude is horrible these days.I mean I didn't expect to see what I saw 20 years ago but the performance was brutal. The fans wearing JNCO jeans seemed to love it though.

I do not have many bands that start to bore me if I have really really liked em' before but Marilyn Manson is pretty much the only one. I bought AC when it came out and it was great, I listened to it a lot and I mean a LOT. But above all Portrait was my fav album, that one I can still listen to but AC for the most part is un-listenable for me now-a-days but still has a few tunes that have stood the test of time.

M-animals and HolyWood we're good too and those two albums are still pretty good to listen. But after that it has been a huge downhill slope for MM, the albums and the live shows seem to go from bad to worse.

One thing that bothers me is all the lineup changes and much like GnR - pretty much everyone of the changes has made the band worse and stripped the band of it's chemistry and personality. John5 was a great guitarist and damn entertaining live, but even he couldn't match the feel and sound of Daisy Berkowitz which by far is the MM guitar sound to me. John5 was the only one that came close, all others that followed are just boring hired hands - ok Twiggy is Twiggy but he should have sticked with Bass. Also Ginger Fish and M.W. Gacy are out and for me that is huge bummer.

The song sounds great so far. Looking forward to hearing the full thing.

It's too bad he sounds like shit live these days and I can't even name musicians who he tours with, except Twiggy. But whatever. He still delivers when it comes to studio recordings. Born Villain's a great record.

I do not have many bands that start to bore me if I have really really liked em' before but Marilyn Manson is pretty much the only one. I bought AC when it came out and it was great, I listened to it a lot and I mean a LOT. But above all Portrait was my fav album, that one I can still listen to but AC for the most part is un-listenable for me now-a-days but still has a few tunes that have stood the test of time.

M-animals and HolyWood we're good too and those two albums are still pretty good to listen. But after that it has been a huge downhill slope for MM, the albums and the live shows seem to go from bad to worse.

One thing that bothers me is all the lineup changes and much like GnR - pretty much everyone of the changes has made the band worse and stripped the band of it's chemistry and personality. John5 was a great guitarist and damn entertaining live, but even he couldn't match the feel and sound of Daisy Berkowitz which by far is the MM guitar sound to me. John5 was the only one that came close, all others that followed are just boring hired hands - ok Twiggy is Twiggy but he should have sticked with Bass. Also Ginger Fish and M.W. Gacy are out and for me that is huge bummer.

Yeah same here, there are only a few bands I liked but grew out of but MM is one of them.

Totally agree on Portrait and Daisy Berkowitz too, Marilyn (lol) thought he was so smart getting rid of him too.