What do you prefer - The Phantom Menace or Attack Of The Clones?

Powerage5

Pick your poison.   

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Phantom Menace only in a game of pick your poison. I haven't seen Episode II since the first time I've seen it in theaters back when I was 12, and even back then, that movie was incredibly underwhelming to me.That speaks volumes.

On a side note, why they got rid of Maul so quickly was always so beyond me. He was by the far the best thing about the prequels aside from the final 30 minutes of the third movie. I have always thought they should had kept Darth Maul throughout the whole prequel trilogy. It would've been cool seeing Anakin and him duke it out for their place as heir to the throne in the final movie. Instead we got two and a half movies of half assed, corny dialogue by actors who couldn't emote if their lives depended on it. Ugh. :facepalm:

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 1

The Phantom Menace only in a game of pick your poison. I haven't seen Episode II since the first time I've seen it in theaters back when I was 12, and even back then, that movie was incredibly underwhelming to me.That speaks volumes.

On a side note, why they got rid of Maul so quickly was always so beyond me. He was by the far the best thing about the prequels aside from the final 30 minutes of the third movie. I have always thought they should had kept Darth Maul throughout the whole prequel trilogy. It would've been cool seeing Anakin and him duke it out for their place as heir to the throne in the final movie. Instead we got two and a half movies of half assed, corny dialogue by actors who couldn't emote if their lives depended on it. Ugh. :facepalm:

Agreed.

Lucas actually created a memorable character but then killed him off instantly. In his place we got duku who was completly irrelavant.

I think what annoys me most about Episode 1 is that it as the first part of a trilogy they couldn't have screwed it up more if they tried.

They pretty much got EVERYTHING wrong.

Anakin was too young. He should have been 16-17

The age gap between him and Padme was too glaring.

The politics/trade federation/senate stuff was just nonsense and boring as fuck

Anakin as a slave on Tatooine/building C3PO/winning the podrace. More nonsense.

Jar Jar Binks/Gungans in general - Has one character ever ruined a movie as much in cinema history?

Anakin piloting the starfighter and blowing up the trade command ship. Dumb as fuck. He's 9.

Basically, the movie is garbage up until the final lightsaber duel. Which IS brilliant. Maul more than steps out from the shadow of Vader. And Lucas kills him off.

Total facepalm moment

The whole trilogy was irredeemably fucked by the end of Episode 1.

Episode 2

Hayden Christensen was totally unsuitable for Anakin

Anakin as a character was all wrong. Annoying chirpy kid turns into surly annoying teenager. Comes across as a bitch.

Terrible CGI

The love story was cringeworthy and unbearable

The clone stuff was boring and missed a great opportunity to film something cool that the fans have speculated upon for decades.

Jango Fett. No need to explain Boba Fetts origins. It just ruins the mystery. Lucas you dumb fuck.

The entire gladiator arena stuff was horrid - the CGI and acting were as fake as each other.

Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu. Great actor, boring as fuck character. A total dick.

I still don't know what to make of Yoda fighting like that. People in the cinema laughed.

Dooku was alright I suppose. Obi Wan was good. The rest was just more garbage and missed opportunities

Episode 3

General Grievous, who I forgot had been in Episode 2 (right?) - well basically not needed at all.

I didn't care about any of the space battles, maybe because the actors didn't either.

Windu vs Palpatine. Apart from the ridiculously easy way that Palpatine took out the guys with Windu, this was actually interesting...until Lucas fucked it up. Windu - "I'm going to end this now" = I'm going to hold my lightsaber over my head dramatically and wait an age so that Anakin can make up his bitch ass mind.

Palpatine's distorted face. Was that just bad CGI or intentional. I can't tell and I don't really care.

Also Anakin kills Windu because he wants he's being having bad dreams again. Yeah this guy is a bitch.

Even though his wife is currently fine he suddenly kills Windu then marches over to the Jedi Temple and murders everyone, including a group of frightened children hiding behind chairs.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that George Lucas is high as a kite/deranged

Oh but it gets better. Anakin then tries to kill his wife. :lol:

Then we have the battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin. It was boring. McGregor was good as usual but Christensen was woeful.

Then Padme dies during childbirth for no reason whatsoever. Maybe an intern wrote this part when everyone was out to lunch.

Oh and Darth Vader is "born" - how clever of them to do this together with the birth of Luke and Leia. It actually was cool up until Vader spoke, wobbled off his perch and let out the most comical "NoooOOOoOoOOOooOOooooo" in cinema history.

FUCK YOU GEORGE LUCAS.

667.gif

• Like 2

Anakin building C3PO is perhaps the silliest thing in the whole trilogy: what are the odds on Darth Vader, having built C3PO? Did he notice C3PO when he was chasing them around the first film for the Death Star plans and go, 'hey, I built that''.

• Like 1

Why would he even remember? When does he even see Threepio? Only in the darkness of the carbon freezing chamber.

Ahh come on man, it is totally absurd! Just how small is this universe? Vader built C3PO; Obi Wan was well acquainted with R2D2 (why didn’t he say something when he met him again in A New Hope?); Greedo was pals with Vader when he was young; the Clones - the predecessors of the Imperial Stormtroopers - are cloned from Boba Fett's father; Jabba the Hutt turns up in The Phantom Menace. This must be the smallest universe ever, as, everyone is interlocked and related!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Vader knew Greedo? Are all Rodians the same guy? That was Wald.

Jabba is a crime lord on Tattooine. They're on Tattooine.

Most of the stormtroopers aren't clones by the time of ANH.

Obi-Wan said he didn't seem to recall ever owning a droid.

Vader knew Greedo? Are all Rodians the same guy? That was Wald.

Jabba is a crime lord on Tattooine. They're on Tattooine.

Most of the stormtroopers aren't clones by the time of ANH.

Obi-Wan said he didn't seem to recall ever owning a droid.

Isn't Greedo in a deleted scene from TPM

Yes, but Lucas simply had to have Jabba in

The stormtroopers spring from the clones.Fett created the clones who then become, stormtroopers, so, in a round-about-way, Boba Fett is genetically the same as the stormtroopers.

Well Obi Wan has a shit memory haha.

The Greedo scene is on the DVD extras if I recall.

He did not own a droid but Obi Wan was in a shed load of scenes with both R2D2 and C3PO in TPM. He was also in a fair number of scenes with R2 and 3PO in ANH (most notably, that scene when R2 escapes from Luke) yet Obi Wan does not recollect either in that same film. It is absurd.

By the time of ANH only the 501st, Vader's Fist are Fett clones.

Is that now canon haha?

Well considering Lucas didn't change any stormtroopers voices, but he changed Boba's, I'd say those stormtroopers aren't clones.

Obi-Wan doesn't spend a lot of time with Threepio in the prequels. He doesn't even see Threepio until he's with Padme in RotS. He doesn't say he doesn't know who Artoo is, he just says he never owned a droid.

Deleted scenes are canon?

He spends a whole fucking scene extrapolating Leia's message from R2D2 in Star Wars! In TPM there is those awful scenes on that Naboo ship with R2 and Obi Wan. How can you deny that Kenobi would not remember? I mean, how is it that these two insignificant droids seem to appear at pivotal moments in the history of the (Star Wars) universe? How is it that the droid which was chums with Leia’s mother, and assisted Leia’s father, just happens to be the exact same droid as, which carries Leia’s message and assists Luke? As I said before, just how small is this Star Wars universe?

I never said he didn't remember either droid. If he had lived past the duel on the Death Star, he might have told Luke about the droids.

The droids belonged to Padme and Anakin. They became owned by Leia's adoptive father. Leia was going to Tattooine, Luke lives on Tattooine. It's really not that ridiculous, you just need something to bitch about or you're not happy.

The time to explain is when R2 arrived at Ben Kenobi's cave with Leia's message: ''wow, wouldn't you believe it? That is the same droid that saved the world 30 or so years ago''. When he said, ''your fathers lightsaber'', he should have also mentioned the fact that Luke was already the owner of his mother's droid!

Face it, what a the chances?