Tori fucking Amos is the single best songwriter of the last 25 years.

Towelie

^Nope, I've never seen her in Manchester, although I would definitely class myself as a superfan, or as we Tori nerds call ourselves, a Toriphile. She's the artist I've seen in concert the most, about to see her next week for the ninth time. Have also met her twice and she was a very gracious and humble person

And I know she's old enough to be my mother, but I still definitely would.

So, Towelie, curious to know how it went... How was the concert ?

Brilliant show. Like I said, I've seen her nine times now, and this one was probably the best show I've seen from her. I like seeing her with the band, but it's a completely different experience when it's just her and the piano alone on stage. She did an absolutely gut-wrenching rendition of Playboy Mommy which has always been a huge favourite of mine. The "from here to Birmingham I have a few friends" line got a massive cheer as well!

Was a bit disappointed she only did three songs from the new record, but apart from that the show was flawless.

• 2 weeks later...

So, went to the show yesterday and it was great. She has just so much power! Unbelievable. I liked the venue too, it was better than the one I saw her in a few years ago. It's an old, round venue and that gave it a more intimate vibe. It wasn't sold out though.

As I don't know many of her songs, I couldn't say if there were lots from her new album, but I figure it'd be the same as the show in Birmingham :shrugs: The cover she sang was Sorry seems to be the hardest word.

The audience was a lot different from the previous show I went to. We were on the balcony and so had a good view of the audience too. The first rows were clearly Toriphiles :lol: They were all nodding their heads to the music and cheering every time she started a new song. And the last song of the set, before the encores, was Cornflake Girl, they all got up from their seats and ran to the stage, some even mimicking playing the piano with her on the stage. It was really funny and I was really glad we didn't have the expensive seats, because that would have meant standing up for half an hour, during the encores, just to see Tori on stage.

There was a small anecdote. She always had her lipgloss ready on the piano, and after each song, would apply some. All of a sudden, when starting a new song, she started looking frantically to the ground, apparently her lipgloss had fallen off the piano. She found it, stopped playing and began in a singsongy voice: 'I can't think, I can't do anything without my lipgloss, it's been that way since I was ten. But everything is alright now.' (Or something like that.)

It was a great show, loved hearing her sing with so much energy, such a powerful voice, never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks for mentioning the Instagram, wasn't aware of that. Here's the setlist, lipgloss and gorgeous shoes:

925002_295759023932875_1608695004_n.jpg

i'd love to hear more songs from the first three albums. hope she changes her setlist from time to time?

im going to see her in a couple of weeks

Yes, Netcat, I took a look at her Instagram and the setlists are always very different. She changes it every night. My husband would have liked to hear more of her older work too. I hope you have fun, I'm sure you will. Let me know how it went :)

Yes, Netcat, I took a look at her Instagram and the setlists are always very different. She changes it every night. My husband would have liked to hear more of her older work too. I hope you have fun, I'm sure you will. Let me know how it went :)

Thanks Lio, i will :)