The "band"

I'm going to see them in Vegas on 5/25. I've been a huge fan since 1987. That being said, I'm not trolling. I just do not understand why anyone stays in the band. Can the money be that good? You'd think that since there are like 7+ guys besides Axl, someone would say "enough is enough. We are a cover band. Not a real band" Sellouts????

They get to travel the world, play big (less and less by the year) shows and meet fans that know their names. I don't think that makes them sellouts. They all seem to acknowledge that it's Axl's band at the end of the day. They make some money and get to play buttrock for a living. If they're fine with that, who are we to judge?

Guest NGOG

Any instrument player (note I didn't say musician) would enjoy getting paid lots of money to visit exotic places and perform with Axl Rose.

They also get to feel like quasi-celebrities and get knee-deep in South American clunge.

I'm going to see them in Vegas on 5/25. I've been a huge fan since 1987. That being said, I'm not trolling. I just do not understand why anyone stays in the band. Can the money be that good? You'd think that since there are like 7+ guys besides Axl, someone would say "enough is enough. We are a cover band. Not a real band" Sellouts????

Most of them were on the last GN'R record that came out six years ago. It just happens that the old material is more popular.

• Like 1

"It's not GN'R" has been discussed to death.

• Like 1