Red State (Kevin Smith movie)

RussTCB

Okay, very different from Kevin's other movies. But it looks like real life than his other stuff.

Reminds me of the Waco incident that happened here in Texas. I'm very sure there are places like this that exist in the US and around the world.

Scary, but true.

Didn't know it was out yet, I'll have to check it out.

didn't this movie come out like four years ago doeeee?

i saw it when it came out. interesting ideas and nice to see smith depart from his usual shtick but after the big monologue in the first half it rapidly goes downhill, imo, and i pretty much found the entire ending to be weak IIRC.

I liked Red State. It's entirely different from his other batch of movies (Chasing Amy is still my favorite) but it's a good flick and it's a direction he seems to be moving in. He's got a horror film called Tusk coming out later this year, and then I believe Comes The Krampus/Anti-Claus is next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tusk_%282014_film%29

http://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-smith-puts-clerks-iii-on-hold-to-make-comes-the-krampus/

Cop Out, Red State and Punch Somebody (I think it's called) were meant to be his last gos at directing. But he's now doing Clerks 3 as his finale? I think he turned Punch Somebody into a possible TV series?

Red State was like a stoner comedy version of Deliverance. Although it's not a comedy. Seems like his best movie outside of Clerks.

Edited by wasted