The fanbase still supports Axl Rose

I was wondering ...

Sometimes everything looks ruined ... without solution ...

Sometimes the disappointment takes us to the level of (almost) no return ...

But ...

One little thing can make such a diference ...

The reaction of the fans, even those who doesn't support Axl's behavior, to the recent Yesterdays and Prostitute performances, proves that there's still a hope.

The fans are with Axl when he does the right things ...

C'mon Axl, people still loves you, somehow ... put some effort on it, is not that hard ... and you'll have the fans with you again.

Am I wrong?

:)

I think there are two big categories of fans: the ones who stood by Axl and followed him through the ChineseDemocracy journey, and the ones who blame him for "killing" old GN'R, hate him for a lifetime and decided to follow Slash, Duff and the rest with their new projects.

Now, among Axl's fans, there are some who are not happy with the results of Chinese Democracy, others don't like the album at all, and some of them like it but are not happy with the lack of promotion it had, therefore, it didn't sell as much as the previous ones, hence some fans feel Axl has vanished from the spotlight and that people in general don't care about Guns N' Roses anymore.

This is because we all have faith in Axl, we were all confident about him being a great singer and talented musician and we wanted him to shine for longer than he did. There's a bittersweet taste of what could have been and what could have been done.

When he shines on stage, sings like he used to and brings back memories of the greatest artist we enjoyed in the 90's, we get happy and hopeful. Because we love him and want him to do well.

However, I guess Axl's life doesn't revolve around the fans or what other people want. He does what he feels and he delivers great things when he feels he's ready for it. Otherwise, he would have released 5 albums already and wouldnt have clinged to GN'R name. Chinese Democracy is an Axl's album. There's no way most of the songs in it could have been written and played by Slash, at least. He despises that kind of music.

So this is just a matter of we learning to accept our idol is not a "normal artist" that will work for us 24/7. Axl himself said it in this very own forum: "I don't work for you" and "You misguided conceptions don't dictate my actions."

Take it or leave it.