Sweet child cover

Luna Covers Sweet Child o Mine by Guns N Roses

If you can look past the bands ridiculous persona and Slashs stupid hat, then its not too difficult to acknowledge that Guns N Roses created an excellent song with 1987′s Sweet Child o Mine. The tracks lyrics were composed by vocalist Axl Rose for his girlfriend at the time, model Erin Everly. Never mind that Rose once approached Everly with a gun saying that he would kill himself if she did not marry him, or that he stalked her for a year after they broke up the lyrics are sincere and touching.

Despite its positive aspects, the song is still a dated 80s metal ballad with a shrill vocalist. For years, I wanted to enjoy listening to this song, but simply was unable to. But in 1997, indie pop band Luna did what performers such as Sheryl Crow and Texas couldnt: they created a beautiful, dreamy version of the song, finally fitting the lyrics to a musical arrangement that makes sense.

The person that wrote this must be in a loony bin somewhere. What a tool, it's not a patch on gnr's

I like the Luna cover. I don't understand why it has to be viewed as better or worse. It's different. They don't sound the same as GN'R. Their cover doesn't sound the same as GN'R.

I'd agree with a lot of whoever wrote the first part. It's a dreamy love song and if that person wanted to hear it set to music that fits the iconic dreamy love song style, Luna did it.

Edited by DaneisKing1389