RON ‘BUMBLEFOOT’ THAL OF GUNS N’ ROSES (INTERVIEW) June 9, 2014

Ron should have just told them to fuck off and stayed at home. If Tommy can piss off to play tunes with his old band why can't a seriously injured bandmate get a break?

Also, where the fuck were the rest of the band? Ron could have at least got a shout out from a fellow band mate, explain to the crowd just what the man was going through to be there and ask that they give him some love to help him through.

There is something really nasty lurking in the heart of GNR. Look at Jarmo, a reasonably personable fan of the new band and VR/Slash when I first found his site. He gets in with TB and turns into a dictatorial cunt who slammed Ron for complaining about extra gigs being added with no advance warning.

Even if a full reunion was ON, where the fuck would you put all of these nasty little enablers so that the adults could go out and do what they should have been doing for the last 20 years?

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 1

I really hope Axl wasn't aware of the situation especially after his recent (ish) comments about Slash and management allegedly forcing him to tour in 92 when he was unwell.

I don't understand why there are such communication issues with the band. We are in the age of technology, fifty different ways to communicate 24hrs a day.

I remember having to use a public phone box to phone a friend at another phone box at a pre arranged time. We still manged to make plans and stick to them.

Ron has always been very positive about Axl, as far as I know, so I'd like to thank Axl wasn't aware. (He should have been aware of it, though. I mean, he's not just someone in the crew you hardly ever notice, he's your lead guitarist who's had a serious accident, so you should care enough about him to ask how he's feeling imo.)

I agree. I really, really want to believe that Axl didn't know about this at all, because the idea that he would force BBF to do shows in that condition is unbelievably cruel. And it makes me think way less of TB, as well.

The question does become, then, why WASN'T Axl aware of it...why didn't he ever think to say "huh, Ron looks as though he's in pain onstage. Maybe I should check that out..."

Ron should have just told them to fuck off and stayed at home. If Tommy can piss off to play tunes with his old band why can't a seriously injured bandmate get a break?

Also, where the fuck were the rest of the band? Ron could have at least got a shout out from a fellow band mate, explain to the crowd just what the man was going through to be there and ask that they give him some love to help him through.

There is something really nasty lurking in the heart of GNR. Look at Jarmo, a reasonably personable fan of the new band and VR/Slash when I first found his site. He gets in with TB and turns into a dictatorial cunt who slammed Ron for complaining about extra gigs being added with no advance warning.

Even if a full reunion was ON, where the fuck would you put all of these nasty little enablers so that the adults could go out and do what they should have been doing for the last 20 years?

Harsh words, but I gotta agree there's something really wrong somewhere when the unofficial website guy feels comfortable enough to publicly criticise the only other irreplaceable band member (irreplaceble in the sense that to get someone capable enough to cover Bucket/BBF/Slash's hardest parts, especially at short notice, ain't gonna happen).

I really hope Axl wasn't aware of the situation especially after his recent (ish) comments about Slash and management allegedly forcing him to tour in 92 when he was unwell.

I don't understand why there are such communication issues with the band. We are in the age of technology, fifty different ways to communicate 24hrs a day.

I remember having to use a public phone box to phone a friend at another phone box at a pre arranged time. We still manged to make plans and stick to them.

Ron has always been very positive about Axl, as far as I know, so I'd like to thank Axl wasn't aware. (He should have been aware of it, though. I mean, he's not just someone in the crew you hardly ever notice, he's your lead guitarist who's had a serious accident, so you should care enough about him to ask how he's feeling imo.)

I agree. I really, really want to believe that Axl didn't know about this at all, because the idea that he would force BBF to do shows in that condition is unbelievably cruel. And it makes me think way less of TB, as well.

The question does become, then, why WASN'T Axl aware of it...why didn't he ever think to say "huh, Ron looks as though he's in pain onstage. Maybe I should check that out..."

It's all very bizarre. It doesn't jive at all with that recently re-posted interview with Beta from Rio 2001 where she talks about how Axl wants to go out of his way to keep everyone happy and is so caring etc.

I found the Pink Panther solo from Philly. This is honestly hard to watch.

The fact that he was able to play THAT WELL when he was hurting so much is such a credit to him. He should really have been resting and healing, not doing that show, but since he was there, he gave it everything he had. BFF is a class act and if he does leave GnR it will be a huge loss, IMHO.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Whomever knew about just how bad Ron was and let this go on should have been ashamed of themselves.

I don't think that should be that way. Ron should have said: "No, it's not happening". He accepted and did the shows in pain, it's his own fault too. Let's just not pretend IT WAZ FOR THA FANZZ!!!!!1 :shrugs: