In Defense Of Chinese Democracy

Just wondering if any of the people that love any of Slash's post Gun's wretched pig vomit yet love to make fun of CD's lyrics understand the severely cringeworthy shit they somehow enjoy listening to? From IFOCS to Contraband to WOF, every single album he's released has made the lyrics of CD look like Shakespeare in comparison, bar none. Axl also patched together guitar solos by himself from Bucket and Robin playing notes that compare to anything Slash has done so it's not like the guitar can be the reason anyone decides to praise any of that crap over CD, so what is the deal? I don't want to say blind fanboyism...nah, actually I do. It's the only logical explanation.

Or people just have different musical tastes than you do?

Just because you don't personally like something doesn't mean that it is pig vomit or bad or that people who like it don't have taste or are fan boys. It just means that all people don't have the same musical taste as you.

No real need to insult people over it :shrugs:

You'd at least have to agree Slash's post Guns work was not as good as when he was in Guns.

I like some of his post Guns stuff. The lyrics are horrid in every one of his solo albums and Chinese not only contains better songs, but also great solos.

But yeah, different tastes and all that shit.

Edited by Rovim

in defense of chidem - chidem is the best classic rock record since the 90's and of the 2000's so far - in defense of chidem - chidem has EPIC rock solos from robin finck and buckethead - in defense of chidem - chidem has axl's best studio vocals ever - in defense of chidem - chidem shows off it's $30 million dollar production with tracks 2 - 7 - shackler's through catcher - in defense of chi dem - chidem is the best gnr record ever - haters hate - but in defense of chidem - chidem is the BEST!!!!!!

in defense of chidem - chidem is the best classic rock record since the 90's and of the 2000's so far - in defense of chidem - chidem has EPIC rock solos from robin finck and buckethead - in defense of chidem - chidem has axl's best studio vocals ever - in defense of chidem - chidem shows off it's $30 million dollar production with tracks 2 - 7 - shackler's through catcher - in defense of chi dem - chidem is the best gnr record ever - haters hate - but in defense of chidem - chidem is the BEST!!!!!!

So... do you like chidem?

Just wondering if any of the people that love any of Slash's post Gun's wretched pig vomit yet love to make fun of CD's lyrics understand the severely cringeworthy shit they somehow enjoy listening to? From IFOCS to Contraband to WOF, every single album he's released has made the lyrics of CD look like Shakespeare in comparison, bar none. Axl also patched together guitar solos by himself from Bucket and Robin playing notes that compare to anything Slash has done so it's not like the guitar can be the reason anyone decides to praise any of that crap over CD, so what is the deal? I don't want to say blind fanboyism...nah, actually I do. It's the only logical explanation.

Just because you don't personally like something doesn't mean that it is pig vomit or bad or that people who like it don't have taste or are fan boys. It just means that all people don't have the same musical taste as you.

You'd at least have to agree Slash's post Guns work was not as good as when he was in Guns.

I like some of his post Guns stuff. The lyrics are horrid in every one of his solo albums and Chinese not only contains better songs, but also great solos.

I'd agree that no member from the first couple line-ups have released anything as good as they did during GnR's hey-day. That includes Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, Adler, Sorum, etc.

But that is just my own personal preference and opinion.

CD is one of my 10 favorite albums of all time. Again - personal preference. Lots of people think that VR was better than the current GnR. And depending on what "numbers" you want to use, VR was just as successful as GnR has been post-Slash.

I don't personally like a lot that Slash has done post-GnR. Again, personal preference. But I admire the hell out of the guy for the way he treats his fans. Dude releases new music every couple years and is very active on social media and does tons of interviews for his fans to enjoy. All things that you cannot say about Axl.

Obviously DS is trolling. Which I guess some people think is funny. But in terms of arguing or insulting people over one's PERSONAL PREFERENCE about music just seems weird to me. How do people argue about what types of music they like compared to what others like? Makes no sense to me, most people stop doing that stuff when they move from junior high to high school.

Finally - it's not really a competition, is it? I'm glad Slash is out there releasing music (and interviews) for his fans to enjoy. I wish Axl - my favorite rock singer of all time - would do the same thing.

Again - love Chinese Democracy to death and cannot wait for another album. Hopefully Axl will share 3-4 more albums before he calls it quits.

the major problem for me are the terrible lyrics...axl's not the most verbose lyricist anyway, but the cd lyrics are just terrible

and another major problem are his vocals....

the guitars are fine as is the incredible sub-bass

Yeah... There's a guy... a guitarist, dunno if you ever heard of him, some idiot who knows shit and probably never came one finger distance close to Axl...um, he thinks his vocals on ChinDem are amazing, but yeah... we shouldn't give him any credit because he's absolutely clueless.

http://youtu.be/hiQyIo0EWz0

Yes there is.

Everyone needs to get back on topic. Please keep conversation limited to the various albums listed by the OP.

We have enough Axl v. Slash threads.

Thanks!

Sorry Downzy.

I'd agree that no member from the first couple line-ups have released anything as good as they did during GnR's hey-day. That includes Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, Adler, Sorum, etc.

But that is just my own personal preference and opinion.

CD is one of my 10 favorite albums of all time. Again - personal preference. Lots of people think that VR was better than the current GnR. And depending on what "numbers" you want to use, VR was just as successful as GnR has been post-Slash.

I don't personally like a lot that Slash has done post-GnR. Again, personal preference. But I admire the hell out of the guy for the way he treats his fans. Dude releases new music every couple years and is very active on social media and does tons of interviews for his fans to enjoy. All things that you cannot say about Axl.

Obviously DS is trolling. Which I guess some people think is funny. But in terms of arguing or insulting people over one's PERSONAL PREFERENCE about music just seems weird to me. How do people argue about what types of music they like compared to what others like? Makes no sense to me, most people stop doing that stuff when they move from junior high to high school.

Finally - it's not really a competition, is it? I'm glad Slash is out there releasing music (and interviews) for his fans to enjoy. I wish Axl - my favorite rock singer of all time - would do the same thing.

Again - love Chinese Democracy to death and cannot wait for another album. Hopefully Axl will share 3-4 more albums before he calls it quits.

You're a cupcake.

I threw out the idea of the old band re recording CD songs as I'd be interested to see if the old GNR tone and sound was back behind Axl, would the whole experience be lifted - we are all here because of the old material too. If CD was sonically more like the UYIs what would we have?

I just don't "get" the love of the TWAT solo, sounds like a whole lot of pretty standard string bending to me (and I'm not here to slag lovers off, just sayin')- I'd be looking for an Estranged style solo in there from Slash to see would he insert those major/minor flip overs he is so good at that have always changed GNR songs up a bit.

In CD, I missed the aggressive riffing that Slash puts deep into the rhythm tracks, there could be great stuff in the current recordings I just don't have the audio equipment expensive enough to separate everything

So we're giving Axl the credit for Bucket's guitar work? :lol:

Bumble talked about how most of the solos on Chinese are copy/pasted. We don't know what exactly was copy/pasted though.

Axl and Caram did it with May and the guitar solo on the Catcher demo version, so it's possible.

Edited by Rovim

So if I copy/paste selections of text from a great writer, I get the credit? I didn't know it worked like that. I'm about to be a literary sensation. :lol:

Of course not, but that's not what I meant. May didn't even recognize what Axl and Caram put together from what he played.

I still give credit to Bucket and Robin. I know Robin talked about his This I Love solo and Street Of Dreams so I know those were not copy/pasted.

But Axl was a part of the creative process of putting 90% of the guitar solos together by copy/pasting them at least to an extent. So he should get credit for note choices and being involved in that way in the studio if you believe what Bumble said.

So if I copy/paste selections of text from a great writer, I get the credit? I didn't know it worked like that. I'm about to be a literary sensation. :lol:

If you make something awesome that the original author never intended and it is unrecognizable to him, you deserve credit too. I'm looking forward to reading your novel.

Can I get some quotes from Bucket and/or Finck saying that any of their great parts on CD were unrecognizable to them, please?

Please read the full post:

You're missing the point man. I'm just gonna mention this again: we don't know what exactly was copy/pasted on Chinese and to what extent.

It could have been Axl connecting complete sections from the best parts of solos from improvised sessions like David Gilmour likes to do, or how Slash's producer copy/pasted the best part of an improvisation and they both helped in creating Safari Inn.

But Axl and Caram put together the Catcher demo solo note by note at least in some sections, enough so May didn't recognize the solo and never intended it to sound like that, so they deserve credit for being artistically involved in the process, and if what Bumble said is true, then it seems like Axl copy/pasted most of the solos on Chinese to some extent.

Edited by Rovim

Can I get some quotes from Bucket and/or Finck saying that any of their great parts on CD were unrecognizable to them, please?

Can I get some quotes from Bucket or Finck saying that they recognize all their great parts on CD, please?

That's ridiculous on every level. I can't believe you wrote it, actually.

Never mind, you guys. I get it. An unreleased demo of a song that had a solo from a guy who's not even on the album had its solo made unrecognizable to the guitarist, so that gives us license to say that was done with all of Bucket and Finck's work. Flawless logic. :lol:

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

Can I get some quotes from Bucket or Finck saying that they recognize all their great parts on CD, please?

Never mind, you guys. I get it. An unreleased demo of a song that had a solo from a guy who's not even on the album had its solo made unrecognizable to the guitarist, so that gives us license to say that was done with all of Bucket and Finck's work. Flawless logic. :lol:

But that's not what we're saying. The guitar solos on Chinese were copy/pasted to some degree by Axl and Caram, to various degrees. Most of it was put together in the studio and manipulated by Axl.

Not just because he did it on the demo, but cause Bumble said 90% of the guitar solos on the album were copy/pasted.

Edited by Rovim

Yes, but copy/paste isn't all that descriptive, and it certainly doesn't warrant saying that the guitar parts ended up being unrecognizable to the guitarist. We don't know how it worked, really, so to say we do betrays our need to fabricate bullshit to support our bias.

Glad you've finally come to your senses and agree that Axl is now a better guitar player than Slash. Congratulations.