Suits

wasted

people have been using smug a lot. what does it mean? arrogant? I think they are thats what corporate lawyers are like, even the ones I met were general know alls.

to be honest most of the time i lose track of the story and just enjoy the side shots of the lawettes.

people have been using smug a lot. what does it mean? arrogant? I think they are thats what corporate lawyers are like, even the ones I met were general know alls.

to be honest most of the time i lose track of the story and just enjoy the side shots of the lawettes.

Yeah, but in suits the levels of smug are unbearable for me. The kind that just comes off as fake. Like I'm sure there are real fake people out there, smug fucks, but it's as annoying to watch on tv as it is witnessing it in person imo.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah it is mad men 2 modern day with mike taking the man with the past role, Harvey is don, Donna is Christiana Hendricks. Paralegal is kind of Peggy. It's a blatant rip off. And they booze in the office. There's also a nerdy thread of pop culture refs which sometimes seems out of place.

Smug seems like self satisfied arrogance. I'm not sure, the characters have to behave like that at work. But they are also more vulnerable and kind of a mess in private lives. Harvey is a disaster.

The funny thing is the complexity of the backstabbing. I'd be done after one episode. But that's how they live all the time.

Yeah, but in suits the levels of smug are unbearable for me. The kind that just comes off as fake. Like I'm sure there are real fake people out there, smug fucks, but it's as annoying to watch on tv as it is witnessing it in person imo.

They aren't fakes though they are real high level lawyers. But it's like this power struggle. All these narcissistic high achievers battling to become senior partner while pretending to care about the clients.

Not sure if smug is the right word because they aren't self satisfied, the are to ambitious and unstable for that. None of them are happy.

They aren't fakes though they are real high level lawyers. But it's like this power struggle. All these narcissistic high achievers battling to become senior partner while pretending to care about the clients.

Not sure if smug is the right word because they aren't self satisfied, the are to ambitious and unstable for that. None of them are happy.

You don't have to be happy in general to be smug. In the moment you're smugging, you can be satisfied on just one level, maybe a shallow one, or just be satisfied of specific achievments and/or abilities you have that make you super confident. You can still be unhappy deep inside.

You don't have to be happy in general to be smug. In the moment you're smugging, you can be satisfied on just one level, maybe a shallow one, or just be satisfied of specific achievments and/or abilities you have that make you super confident. You can still be unhappy deep inside.

so you can just be acting smug. What I'm saying is it's kind of their job to act like that, but after work they research their past lives and cry into they johnny walker.

being a narcissist is basically the key to success.

so you can just be acting smug. What I'm saying is it's kind of their job to act like that, but after work they research their past lives and cry into they johnny walker.

being a narcissist is basically the key to success.

I see your point.

In many ways the Donna character teases Harvey about his arrogance. But it is kind of a banal level of human existence. they make themselves so unhappy and you can't see why they are really doing it. They working all hours and all they do at the end of it is maybe have a drink in a swanky bar. or they have a weird hobby. like Harvey likes Blues records. But mainly they just try to fuck the girls in the office. Harvey seems to have to work with his girlfriend, I'm not sure if this is lazy writing or just a fact of life.

Mad Men for the New Proletariat.

In many ways the Donna character teases Harvey about his arrogance. But it is kind of a banal level of human existence. they make themselves so unhappy and you can't see why they are really doing it. They working all hours and all they do at the end of it is maybe have a drink in a swanky bar. or they have a weird hobby. like Harvey likes Blues records. But mainly they just try to fuck the girls in the office. Harvey seems to have to work with his girlfriend, I'm not sure if this is lazy writing or just a fact of life.

Mad Men for the New Proletariat.

We're all aimless with no meaning. We create our own beautiful lies to survive this shitty but pretty funny and sexy life. Like, what's so wrong about fucking the chicks in the office while playing chess. Maybe that's deep enough while being also shallow. Harvey is pretty cool, but I always get the feeling that actor can do more if or when a good character will come his way. I mean really good.

Edited by Rovim

He could get the next role in wolf of Wall Street 2.

Suits lasted longer than Rake anyway, I thought that was okay but the characters/story went nowhere. He was just a drunk lawyer.

Suits doesn't seem to be THE role for him. I think it's good practice for something better in the future. Like, he's doing his homework. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he'll do something great.

Suits is pretty basic, like The Good Wife. but I could see most of the actors popping up in movies as character actors maybe Harvey could star in a Wall Street movie. Occupy playing a slightly sleazier role. He would have made a better Belfort than Leo.

• 5 weeks later...

Suits is pretty basic, like The Good Wife. but I could see most of the actors popping up in movies as character actors maybe Harvey could star in a Wall Street movie. Occupy playing a slightly sleazier role. He would have made a better Belfort than Leo.

It does seem like there's something deep he's capable of expressing as an actor, like sometimes it's really believable, but then it cuts off cause the roles he's getting are too one dimensional. He doesn't seem one dimensional, but he never really proved his worth. Yet.