The Leftovers Series Discussion // Season 2 Airing Now

People keep talking or complaining about unanswered questions and where things are going. Don't you realize one of the guys involved with LOST is doing this show? :lol:

I'm loving it.

OK lets speculate. Is it "the rapture"? are all the people in the show already dead and the "lucky ones" are alive. Who's talking to the dad? Is that real or is he just looney? Why do the cult smoke all the time?

This is exactly why the show is developing so well.

Except the questions will never be answered, I'm sure it's one of those shows. It's going to avoid the interesting premise of the show and instead focus on random strange events and drama.

I don't think that's how it's going to be :shrugs:

Honestly, the big question is "Where/why did everyone go?", but it's pretty obvious that the main theme of the show is how this event effected people's lives and is still effecting their lives, and all of the drama going along with it. Honestly, to me, the whole "rapture" event is almost like a sub-plot right now.

During the 'Guest' episode, when the woman started screaming about the Israeli's, the woman that stole Nora's badge, what was that about? Does anyone have a take on it or where that could go? Or do you think she was just a nut?

I think she was just a nut.

After seeing episode 7, I just got more questions.

I really hope some are answered until the end of this season.

People keep talking or complaining about unanswered questions and where things are going. Don't you realize one of the guys involved with LOST is doing this show? :lol:

I'm loving it.

OK lets speculate. Is it "the rapture"? are all the people in the show already dead and the "lucky ones" are alive. Who's talking to the dad? Is that real or is he just looney? Why do the cult smoke all the time?

This is exactly why the show is developing so well.

Except the questions will never be answered, I'm sure it's one of those shows. It's going to avoid the interesting premise of the show and instead focus on random strange events and drama.

i'll be pissed if it goes that way.

mostly wished I would have just waited till the end of the season so I don't have to wait every damn week to see what happens next.

I never watched lost so I have nothing to compare it to.

I am enjoying the show just wish they would answer some stuff instead of just asking more questions.

I absolutely hated LOST. It was just a giant mess.

I'm caught up on this show so far, and it definitely picks up in later episodes. I'll probably keep watching.

I wonder how they're going to make this last since there is only what... One book of source material?

This show is epic and it's beginning to get the vibe where you can't tell what is real and what is fake. One minute Kevin is asleep the next minute he is in another spot. Happens almost every episode. Finale should be good, this show has well piqued my interests.

Kevin is obviously turning into his dad and the man that's non existent is a voice in his head, IMO, he's a complete basketcase

Kevin is obviously turning into his dad and the man that's non existent is a voice in his head, IMO, he's a complete basketcase

But other characters have referenced his existence numerous times. I think it's still a possibility, but ever since Jill and Aimee told Kevin that they saw him a few episodes ago, I've cooled down on that theory.

It's probably worth pointing out that this guy (Dean?) seemed to have a voice talking to him in this episode like Kevin's dad. At some point he's telling someone to shut up when walking out of the cabin and it seems to be in the same way that Kevin's dad typically does.

• Like 1

But other characters have referenced his existence numerous times. I think it's still a possibility, but ever since Jill and Aimee told Kevin that they saw him a few episodes ago, I've cooled down on that theory.

But the question remains, why is he virtually untraceable by any body? I don't even think he's had any other dialogue with any one else other than Kevin has he? I kinda shot it down too when they both referenced Dean but who knows. Going by this, there's a man that barely anyone has seen and isn't traceable. His character is a symbol for something.

Kevin is definitely insane already though. Finding the shirts in the forest and all of that other shit was a wtf moment.

But the question remains, why is he virtually untraceable by any body? I don't even think he's had any other dialogue with any one else other than Kevin has he? I kinda shot it down too when they both referenced Dean but who knows. Going by this, there's a man that barely anyone has seen and isn't traceable. His character is a symbol for something.

Kevin is definitely insane already though. Finding the shirts in the forest and all of that other shit was a wtf moment.

Wasn't Dean at the press conference (and asked a questions) after that GRC member got stoned to death?

I found it interesting that the car full of hippy anarchists thought he was part of the GR because he had a white shirt on and was smoking. We need some answers ASAP

how could there be a guilty remnant if no one had been taken yet?
Interesting question. Doubt it'll be answered...

I found it interesting that the car full of hippy anarchists thought he was part of the GR because he had a white shirt on and was smoking. We need some answers ASAP

kind of a waste of an episode this week but we got everybody's back story I suppose

is next week the season finale?

kind of a waste of an episode this week but we got everybody's back story I suppose

is next week the season finale?

I enjoyed it tbh

The finale is the next episode but it's being aired a week Sunday due to the holiday.