SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

NYC, tomorrow night!!! My group will be getting on line early, ~5PM or so. :headbang:

Any ideas what time they've been coming on stage? I'll just be leaving work around 5pm and have to get a full pre-game in before the show.
We're on line, I'd guess 9:15?
I'd say 9. I heard that in PA, the openers, Like a Storm, went on at 8 and got 30 minutes. Then Slash and co at 9. I'm in line, too! Can't wait!! Edited by uctalum01

NYC, tomorrow night!!! My group will be getting on line early, ~5PM or so. :headbang:

Any ideas what time they've been coming on stage? I'll just be leaving work around 5pm and have to get a full pre-game in before the show.
I'd say 9. I heard that in PA, the openers, Like a Storm, went on at 8 and got 30 minutes. Then Slash and co at 9. I'm in line, too! Can't wait!!

I'm wearing a gray shirt with two guys wearing blue and green, near the bathrooms on lower floor. Send a wave if ya see.

I'd say 9. I heard that in PA, the openers, Like a Storm, went on at 8 and got 30 minutes. Then Slash and co at 9. I'm in line, too! Can't wait!!
I'm wearing a gray shirt with two guys wearing blue and green, near the bathrooms on lower floor. Send a wave if ya see.
I'm in an Alter Bridge fortress tshirt near the bottom of the stairs by the front of the line.

I'm in an Alter Bridge fortress tshirt near the bottom of the stairs by the front of the line.

Ah didn't see this went to the second page, we're in the venue but you're probably way in front of us. We're about center stage but 10 rows back or so.

Ah didn't see this went to the second page, we're in the venue but you're probably way in front of us. We're about center stage but 10 rows back or so.

Yeah. I'm second row over around Todd's area. There's a guy just behind me wearing a Slash hat.

Yeah we can't even see that far lol, what time did you get on line?

We all got into the city a little before one. We got food then 2 of my friends went to get in line while I took my other friend around who's visiting for the first time from out Seattle way.

What about that version of Hey Joe with Kimberly Nichole from The Voice ? :P

I kind of groaned when it started, but really perked up when I heard the song choice. Really cool surprise and she sang it great. For someone that watches his setlist, this was the only true surprise in a long time so thats always really cool. Excellent version and long show at 2 hours, 10 min I think.

Other notes, Avalon was great, disappointed to get Ghost and You're A Lie opening but what are ya gonna do. Wicked Stone KILLED as I expected. Had really been waiting for that and that and Savage Sun destroyed the place. Too Far Gone was a nice surprise, although I can't say I didn't want 30 Years. But can't really complain about any of these new songs. They all went over great and the crowd loved them. Double Talkin' Jive was another one I'd waited a long time for, and You Could Be Mine and World On Fire which I had heard last year opening for Aerosmith were amazing as expected in a smaller venue. I do think seeing it this time You Could Be Mine really isn't the song for Myles, but I guess I'd rather they play it than not. But thats the one I've noticed is truly most out of his wheelhouse and doesn't nail. Crowd went apeshit for Jungle. Sad to not get The Dissident (friend who went with me LOVES that song), but happy to not get The Unholy (fine song but didn't need to hear it live like others here do). End of main set is same and fine as always. I could go on about Rocket Queen but its not worth it. I think the fact that its basically two parts is way too long. Its already too long with the first part where he's center stage, but I get that it actually works with the show. I just think it works better in seated venues where you can relax and enjoy it, and I can't say in that 20 minute span I wouldn't have loved to hear 2 more songs.

But overall it was an excellent show. Hadn't seen a headline show since the end of the AL tour so it had been awhile and this didn't disappoint. Still one of the best live acts out there nowadays. Hated the venue, but thats just personal preference (thought it had bad sightlines and the lining up inside the venue was annoying cause I couldn't eat outside on line as expected).

Pretty sure this was the setlist:
1. You're a Lie
2. Nightrain
3. Avalon
4. Ghost
5. Back from Cali
6. Wicked Stone
7. Too Far Gone
8. Double Talkin' Jive
9. You Could Be Mine
10. Doctor Alibi
11. Welcome to the Jungle