Do you think Ron has given Axl/management an ultimatum?

IMHO it's not surprising that things are in flux right now and nobody's getting a straight answer. GnR's on a break; Bumble's on his tour. It's not as though they need him tomorrow and their backs are to the wall. There's some time for everyone to think things over and talk it out. They're probably still hashing things out with him and talking to him about it all.

I could see BBF giving Axl and ultimatum about him staying only if this or that happens with band and Camp GNR giving him notice of up and coming plans so he can keep his obligations as far as his own touring.

I just think BBF is that type of guy. I think he will only put up with certain things for so long and then either blow up and clear the air or say I am tired of endless touring and give false hope about new material.

Deep down Axl knows he needs BBF. He is the best rounded guitar player he has worked with from 1994 or so on. BBF will take the time to talk with the fans, due webcasts, chats, twitter, do meet and greets, talk to the media and so on and lets not forget he is a bad ass guitar player, he can shred or he can get pretty damn bluesy with his guitar work also. He is the only member that has been able to do both playing styles and not sound like he is half assing it. Yes he does add his own flare to the songs but if he wanted to he could play the complete GNR catalog note for note better that anyone that has ever been in the band. It would be a huge loose to GNR if he left I don't think GNR could find a replacement with all those qualities in one.

But with Axl being Axl I could also see him say fuck off, have a nice life. But I really don't think that will happen.

BBF is one of a kind and I hope he hangs around!!!!

There's a side to all of this I hardly ever see discussed and that is maybe Ron is okay with the way things are.

Contrary to what you think in your minds, they talk.

I think a lot of you portray your emotions and feelings on to the band members and make it a reality.

You obviously haven't paid much attention to any of his interviews from 2011 onwards.

BBF is a smart guy.

He wouldn't give a ultimatum to Axl ... that would be the end of his job in GN'R.

You can't give a ultimatum to Axl Rose.

You are wrong, believe me - if he wants to, if he's had enough of Axl's lack of interest, he will do it.

...He might even have done that already for all we know. Everyone in the band, management and crew got to know about his countdown and hints since the South American tour, that's a given. They all have twitter, facebook and friends/fans willing to tell them what's going on.

There's a side to all of this I hardly ever see discussed and that is maybe Ron is okay with the way things are.

Contrary to what you think in your minds, they talk.

I think a lot of you portray your emotions and feelings on to the band members and make it a reality.

You obviously haven't paid much attention to any of his interviews from 2011 onwards.

It's a no-brainer that the guys in the band would love to be putting out records. What serious musician wouldn't?

I'm just saying that on the flip side, it might not be as dramatic as you might think either. He's getting paid, and he can still do his own thing. Life might not be as bad as some think is all I'm saying.

BBF is an adult. He knows what he's doing. So, we really don't need to continue with the "poor BBF" sympathy routine over and over.

He was a nobody before this, essentially. He made no real money. Axl has given bbf a huge opportunity for his career, and bbf knows it and he took it.

If bbf viewed himself the way that many of you simpering forumites viewed him-- that he's some sort of legendary godlike heir to Jimmy Page-- then bbf would have left a long time ago.

BBF knows what he's doing.

Bumblefoot is a fan favorite, but if he leaves, he leaves. He joins the ranks of all the other people who have left before him, not a big deal in my opinion. Kind of like a "been there done that already" mentality at this point.

If they lose Slash the band will never survive...

If they lose Bucket the band will never survive...

If they lose Finck the band will never survive...

If they lose Bumble the band will never survive...

The band survives as long as Axl wants it to. It's been proven that everyone (other than Axl obviously) is replaceable. They don't even need to be good replacements either.

"Survives" is a loaded term. I haven't considered the band alive since 1993 myself. There has been ATTEMPTS to resurrect a dead carcass, but to no avail.

That's the sad part about this whole "band." I've considered the band dead since 1996 for many years now. This is the Axl Rose (Bad) Experience. It's not this hard to release music, he just doesn't want to. He's set for the rest of his life and has been since 1988 or so. At least Slash is still out there making new music and actually releasing it. Hell, Ain't Life Grand would have made one helluva GN'R album.

I agree. But I can also see where Axl was coming from when he decided to do what he did. He felt he was right at the time. He felt abandoned and hurt and made it his mission to keep going despite everything. But at some point, you just have to accept reality.

The first version of the new band tried mightily. They went on MTV, made music together and even released a record. Compared to what we have now? That's pretty admirable. Even more so when you consider just how fucking impossible Axl was to work with back then. But even so, it resulted in a failed, disastrous attempt. Nothing happened. The record released to a whimper and then quickly disappeared. The band slipped into darkness and then dissolved. Axl took a lot of time off, probably to clear his mind and soul and then came back with an entirely new band that was even less impressive than the one before it and decided to just tour the world, playing cover songs to smaller and smaller crowds. Now, we're at the point where the once mighty "GNR" is playing Vegas. Yes, that's right. Let it sink in for a minute. The band that use to dominant the top 10 on MTV is now...a Vegas act. That's just as sad as it gets.

Axl shouldn't feel defeated. Imo, he should be proud because it took huge balls to attempt what he attempted. But the reality is, it's over. The Axl show is no more. I love the guy, but he needs to throw in the towel and move on with his life because he's flat out embarrassing not only himself, but his baby (GNR). Unless he intends on getting the original group back together, it's time to move on imo.

Can you imagine 1988 Axl sitting on a couch, watching the Vegas DVD in the year 2014? I can, and it wouldn't be pretty.

To be blunt, GnR needs BBF more than BBF needs GnR.

Plus nobody wants to see Ashba widdle his way through more Chinese Democracy leads.

Watching Darren attempt the TIL solo is akin to watching a circumcision.

Edited by combos