Do you think Ron has given Axl/management an ultimatum?

What with all the rumours abounding of Ron's tenure in the group coming to an end, I wonder if he has given Axl and Team Brazil an ultimatum along the lines of: New material or quits.

Ron strikes me as the only NuGNR member with the balls to say it how it really is, and is the sole member who hasn't repeatedly bullshitted the fans on the subject of new music. He has also very publicly stated his own frustrations at the bands lack of productivity in the studio...

I wouldn't be surprised if this was indeed the case. And if so, do you think the gruesome twosome (Axl and Beta) would listen?

'Can we discuss the songs you have lying around from 2001-2006, can we discuss jamming some ideas together as a band, can you tell me when you plan on touring again, can I give you some ideas for songs that I have, can you remove dj ashba from the band and either get a competent replacement or let me and richard deal with the songs, can we book 3 months in your studio to record a GNR album and have you sing on top of it and not go on tour until this has transpired?'

I'd imagine that's the kind of ultimatum he's concocted and it's not even an ultimatum, it's for Axl's own good, cause if he loses BBF the band is never going to do anything.

• Like 1

He was pissed off at having to cancel tour dates while getting to see Tommy get a big payday outside of GNR, it sounded like he was ordered to come back to rehearsals and wasn't given any time to reschedule or at least do some of the dates. Maybe this plays into the RUMORED Beta firing and she's not on top of things the way she has been in the past, her daughter just had a kid and she might just be tired of traveling around and keeping the ship together. I'm sure Doug Goldstein would be more than happy to have his old job back, and Beta just sticking to lining things up for Axl to do, answering the mail and making sure the bills are paid. I'm sure she'd rather be playing with her grandkid than worrying about Axl at this point in her life, but that worrying about him gave her a pretty good life for years.

Bumblefoot is a fan favorite, but if he leaves, he leaves. He joins the ranks of all the other people who have left before him, not a big deal in my opinion. Kind of like a "been there done that already" mentality at this point.

If they lose Slash the band will never survive...

If they lose Bucket the band will never survive...

If they lose Finck the band will never survive...

If they lose Bumble the band will never survive...

The band survives as long as Axl wants it to. It's been proven that everyone (other than Axl obviously) is replaceable. They don't even need to be good replacements either.

• Like 2

It's more about lose potential with BBF really, at least with Bucket we got an album (and a half's?) worth of material then he got a great guy to come in for Buckethead, going through all that again with just some touring to show for it would be deplorable and leaving Ashba in the band as the only real wingman for Axl to write with would be disappointing and who knows who would come in, and would it delay things tenfold?

Well as he doesn't appear to be out officially perhaps he has basically said "I'm off doing my solo thing if GN'R decides to tour then I'm busy and if I have to leave then so be it." There was that interview where he said he'd rather do his solo thing over GN'R if he had to choose. Considering there has been no statement from either Ron or the GN'R camp I imagine that given he's doing his solo shows whilst the band are on downtime there's no real need for him to quit yet. I imagine it boils down to artistic frustration which is understandable, if Ron isn't getting a creative outlet via Guns its only natural he would rather do something where he can actually be creative and make music. If Ron leaves I think it's the final nail in the coffin regarding new material as if there was new material on the horizon I'd imagine he'd stay.

I think the fear with Bumble leaving is the fear of Dj becoming the only lead guitarist. After all the replacements, how do we know that if Bumble leaves Axl wont just decide to have Richard and Dj handle lead? That would be catastrophic.

I think the fear with Bumble leaving is the fear of Dj becoming the only lead guitarist. After all the replacements, how do we know that if Bumble leaves Axl wont just decide to have Richard and Dj handle lead? That would be catastrophic.

That's the exact outcome i was hoping for, when Robin left (Bumble & Fortus)

Bumblefoot is a fan favorite, but if he leaves, he leaves. He joins the ranks of all the other people who have left before him, not a big deal in my opinion. Kind of like a "been there done that already" mentality at this point.

The band survives as long as Axl wants it to. It's been proven that everyone (other than Axl obviously) is replaceable. They don't even need to be good replacements either.

"Survives" is a loaded term. I haven't considered the band alive since 1993 myself. There has been ATTEMPTS to resurrect a dead carcass, but to no avail.

Guest Gunns

If he did give an ultimatum, he best chances at that working would be to use the 5 question format

Expect 2-3 new responses before this tour.

• Like 1

"Survives" is a loaded term. I haven't considered the band alive since 1993 myself. There has been ATTEMPTS to resurrect a dead carcass, but to no avail.

That's the sad part about this whole "band." I've considered the band dead since 1996 for many years now. This is the Axl Rose (Bad) Experience. It's not this hard to release music, he just doesn't want to. He's set for the rest of his life and has been since 1988 or so. At least Slash is still out there making new music and actually releasing it. Hell, Ain't Life Grand would have made one helluva GN'R album.

• Like 2