Glam Rock and Hair Metal appreciation

WFA

well....if I mentioned the nelson twins with the erm, white tigers would any of you shoot me?

Those guys were like butter on bread to me when I saw them on MTV many years ago.

Oooh, the hair. Ooohh those eyes. Ohhhh there's two of them!

I just listened to Love and Affection last weekend!

• Like 1

Apparently they're playing at the county fair. $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Isn't that a bit expensive for Great White?

The cost must be up to the actual venue.

I see Great White are playing the Coconino Count Fair in Arizona and the Iowa State Fairgrounds later this month - tickets are only $8 per person.

It's 20 bucks for the Sweetwater Texas county fair. They are a po-dunk little town in the middle of nowhere, so Great White is probably the "biggest" level of band they can get.

$20 really isn't that much though to go see a rock show.

I just spent $13 at Subway for lunch.

I dropped $20 on snacks last weekend when we went to see the new Planet of the Apes movie.

I'm more offended by bands (full of millionaires) that charge 100-to-250 dollars for concert tickets compared to dudes who are just trying to make a living and are grinding it out on the road and charging $8-to-$20 for a ticket.

Apparently they're playing at the county fair. $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Isn't that a bit expensive for Great White?

I see Great White are playing the Coconino Count Fair in Arizona and the Iowa State Fairgrounds later this month - tickets are only $8 per person.

It's 20 bucks for the Sweetwater Texas county fair. They are a po-dunk little town in the middle of nowhere, so Great White is probably the "biggest" level of band they can get.

I dropped $20 on snacks last weekend when we went to see the new Planet of the Apes movie.

I'm more offended by bands (full of millionaires) that charge 100-to-250 dollars for concert tickets compared to dudes who are just trying to make a living and are grinding it out on the road and charging $8-to-$20 for a ticket.

I've been to Sweetwater once in my life, through it many times. I didn't realize it was only 11K people. Thought it was at least 30k.

They have that rattlesnake roundup thing every year.

Subway is expensive as fuck. Had my breakfast there every day when I was on vacation a few weeks ago.

$5 footlong my ass.

A 12-inch oven roasted chicken on Italian herbs/cheese bread.....with a bag of chips and soda (the meal deal) goes for $13 in my city.

I've been to Sweetwater once in my life, through it many times. I didn't realize it was only 11K people. Thought it was at least 30k.

They have that rattlesnake roundup thing every year.

I've been there more times than I can count. LOL - I would have guessed the population was more in the 5,000 range.

Fuck me, I just went back and added Great White to my list, I completly forgot about them...

Yes they are an absolutle joke today, but they have some good songs. If they still reselmbed the original line up, then they would be a decent show, but now they have 2 different versions touring as Great White. What kind of shit is that???

I actually saw their latest music video on VH1 classic not to long ago (it's the version without Jack Russell) and it was absolutly terrible. It was literally the worst power ballad type song I have heard in forever. The new singer is not good imo.

But the original band with Rock me, once bitten, and a few others were good songs. They also do some AWESOME zeppelin covers.

I also forgot about Whitesnake, had to go back and revise my list again. So many good bands from that time.

Edited by Mike420
  • Like 1

Fail to see how anything involving a hot chick can be considered on topic in a hair metal thread in this decade.

Sweaty old guys and gross cougars with leather jackets maybe, but no hot chicks.

I googled glam rock chicks and an Appetite GNR era pic popped up in the 8th place :D

Fail to see how anything involving a hot chick can be considered on topic in a hair metal thread in this decade.

Sweaty old guys and gross cougars with leather jackets maybe, but no hot chicks.

Someday you and your partner will be in your 40s......

But there are a lot of women in their 40s that are very much still considered hot and beautiful. But I find women of all ages beautiful - maybe you have an age limit though. And rock n roll is all about sweaty guys on stage - regardless of their age.

Though, there was just as many young people as old people at the last GnR show I went to........so your theory might be a little off.

• Like 1

I googled glam rock chicks and an Appetite GNR era pic popped up in the 8th place :D

Read the part where I said "in this decade".