what did Frank add to TWAT?

IMO Ferrer is the worst drummer in GnR.

Why?

He plays with more groove than Matt plus he plays better than Brain on a live GNR show

I don't really get the hate and ignorance that Frank got on these boards....

I used to think Frank was bad too but I started paying more attention to him over the last year and think he's great now tbh. Agreed that after Brain he's the best so far.

I don't get this Brain hype, though. He is great on studio, but on a live GNR show he is sloppy as fuck and barely plays the old material

lol. U deaf? maybe he put his own spin on some old Guns songs sometimes, and it didn't exactly work out, but mostly, Brain played the shit out of everything live when he was still in the band. Frank can only dream about how good it must feel like to be able to play drums like Brain can.

I saw the band with one of Brain's last shows with the band and he plays cool, but he can't even play the YCBM intro for example. I'm not deaf just listened a lot of bootlegs ;)

I prefer Frank over Brain any day on a LIVE setting. On the studio Brain is a beast i'm not denying that, hell i even like his overall drum sound but not his playing

My thoughts about how Brain played the YCBM intro: maybe he put his own spin on some old Guns songs sometimes, and it didn't exactly worked out, but mostly, Brain played the shit out of everything live when he was still in the band.

Why?

He plays with more groove than Matt plus he plays better than Brain on a live GNR show

I used to think Frank was bad too but I started paying more attention to him over the last year and think he's great now tbh. Agreed that after Brain he's the best so far.

I don't get this Brain hype, though. He is great on studio, but on a live GNR show he is sloppy as fuck and barely plays the old material

lol. U deaf? maybe he put his own spin on some old Guns songs sometimes, and it didn't exactly work out, but mostly, Brain played the shit out of everything live when he was still in the band. Frank can only dream about how good it must feel like to be able to play drums like Brain can.

I saw the band with one of Brain's last shows with the band and he plays cool, but he can't even play the YCBM intro for example. I'm not deaf just listened a lot of bootlegs ;)

I prefer Frank over Brain any day on a LIVE setting. On the studio Brain is a beast i'm not denying that, hell i even like his overall drum sound but not his playing

Frank really has a good groove live and has added new stuff to a lot of the songs, making them sound fresh. To me, Brain just sort of played everything live the same speed and added nothing.

I have no idea how Frank will sound on record but I think I'd prefer him to Brain and his supposed technical superiority.

Brain's technical superiority over Frank is a fact.

Why?

Frank really has a good groove live and has added new stuff to a lot of the songs, making them sound fresh. To me, Brain just sort of played everything live the same speed and added nothing.

I have no idea how Frank will sound on record but I think I'd prefer him to Brain and his supposed technical superiority.

so?

it's fucking drums..just hit the fucking things

• Like 1

Why?

so?

That's a very ignorant statement.

• Like 1

Why?

so?

Lmaooooooo.

Why?

Yup

But in GNR its not a moot point, lol

The most technical GNR songs drum wise is the Mr. Brownstone intro and You Could Be Mine intro (Duff wrote that part, lol)

Edited by Crash Diet

Why?

Yup

The most technical GNR songs drum wise is the Mr. Brownstone intro and You Could Be Mine intro (Duff wrote that part, lol)

Do you mean it is a moot point? I don't know. There are more then one way a drum part can be challenging. Some of the Chinese material is technical in some ways. The end of Sorry, some parts of There Was A Time, Prostitute. Civil War was hella technical for Steven.

Steven and Matt were the best for GnR. Both Frank and Brain are great drummers, but I just don't like the way they play old songs. Too much improvisation are killing the feeling. I never really understood the point of "playing in his own way". Songs should be played the way they were recorded, especially AFD and UYI, they are perfect as they are. Frank with his additions, which are usually simplified versions of original, gives me the bad impression. The perfect example of how songs should be covered is Matt Sorum. Faster, more complex does not necessarily mean better.

Yup

Do you mean it is a moot point? I don't know. There are more then one way a drum part can be challenging. Some of the Chinese material is technical in some ways. The end of Sorry, some parts of There Was A Time, Prostitute. Civil War was hella technical for Steven.

I would say Prostitute, TWAT, Oh My God and some other parts from CD. They are hardest GnR songs to cover for me.

• Like 1