Bumblefoot's TONE

(Vercetti Estate, Tommy, Lance, Ken and Sonny Forelli.)

Sonny Forelli: Tommy! What? No big hugs for your old buddy?

Tommy Vercetti: I've had fifteen years out of the loop, I'm a bit rusty on family etiquette.

Sonny Forelli: Always angry, eh Tommy? Didn't I say your temper would get you into trouble, huh?

Tommy Vercetti: There's three mil in the cases...

Sonny Forelli: How many was it? Ten? No, eleven men. That's how you get to be called the Harwood Butcher! Heh-heh-heh!

Tommy Vercetti: You sent me to kill one man, ONE MAN. They knew I was coming, Sonny...

Sonny Forelli: Tommy, Tommy, watch your tone... Anyone would think you blame me for that unfortunate set of circumstances.

Tommy Vercetti: Just take the money...

Sonny Forelli: Get the damn cash. You know, Tommy? I did what I could for you, I pulled strings, called in favors. I was your friend, Tommy. I hoped you'd see sense, see what's good for business. I trusted you, Tommy, and you disappointed me. But at least someone in your chicken shit organization knows how to do business. Isn't that right, Lance?

(Vercetti Estate, Tommy, Lance, Ken and Sonny Forelli.)

Sonny Forelli: Tommy! What? No big hugs for your old buddy?

Tommy Vercetti: I've had fifteen years out of the loop, I'm a bit rusty on family etiquette.

Sonny Forelli: Always angry, eh Tommy? Didn't I say your temper would get you into trouble, huh?

Tommy Vercetti: There's three mil in the cases...

Sonny Forelli: How many was it? Ten? No, eleven men. That's how you get to be called the Harwood Butcher! Heh-heh-heh!

Tommy Vercetti: You sent me to kill one man, ONE MAN. They knew I was coming, Sonny...

Sonny Forelli: Tommy, Tommy, watch your tone... Anyone would think you blame me for that unfortunate set of circumstances.

Tommy Vercetti: Just take the money...

Sonny Forelli: Get the damn cash. You know, Tommy? I did what I could for you, I pulled strings, called in favors. I was your friend, Tommy. I hoped you'd see sense, see what's good for business. I trusted you, Tommy, and you disappointed me. But at least someone in your chicken shit organization knows how to do business. Isn't that right, Lance?

3869.jpg

Ron's cover of Estranged is perfect in terms of playing. The tone could be better but he's got the song itself down to a science and he's had it down since Rio. No 4 year and ongoing learning curve like DJ with TIL (and Patience, and SCOM, etc.)

Ron's tone is pretty bad. Honestly I think Finck's tone is the only nugnr tone I can definitely say I've liked. Bucket's playing was phenomenal of course and I'd never ask him to change his tone, but sometimes it did lead to GNR songs not really sounding like GNR songs.

Yeah, I get what you mean with Bucket's tone. But I think that was exactly why it did fit: Bucket could have taken Gn'R to new places musically speaking. Chinese sounds like Gn'R in places, but others, not so much, but it's cool. (imo)

So you've got Finck and his Better solo tone for example, sounds like Gn'R, but then you've got Bucket and his sounds, and yet he did manage to make it fit tonally, like In his There Was A Time outro, and his Sorry solo just worked imo. You hear Axl, and then a few seconds later, comes Bucket's solos, and it sounds right to my ears in the context of Gn'R.