Homeland: Season 4 [SPOILERS]

How about last nights episode? I think it's one of the best in all seasons. Sucks that there's no episode next sunday.

It definitely was. I was interested to see where they'd go post Brody, but I wasn't expecting the reboot to be so successful. This is the best season since the first, and this is the show I wanted it to be when everything went to suckville midway through season 2 (largely thanks to the romance and Brody's jagoff family).

I didn't know there wasn't an ep this Sunday. :max:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, 2 different cars, yeah that would be impossible. I'm guessing they at least keep track on one of the cars?

Carre has another breakdown, not because the talibans has her mentor and former CIA boss Saul, not because they lost another oppurtunity to elimante the taliban leader. No she breaks down because they killed her new boyfriend.

Haqqani would never be there in the first place if all they were gonna do was to kill the boy. If he would be there, he wouldn't show his face, he could use an umbrella or anything. Showing Sauls face towards the sky? Nah I don't buy that either, they would've filmed him and put him on the internet with demands or something.

Agents being clueless "what are they looking at?" SMH

I might start rooting for the talibans. I'll keep watching, there's some interresting plots involving the other charachters. A Shame that Carrie's the lead.

Note. I've been binging on The Wire the last 10 days or so, guess I've gotten used to the much better writing compared to Homeland.

IIRC, it wasn't clear which car they followed (or they didn't reveal it), but probably Haqqani.

I didn't read that scene as Carrie breaking down because "they'd killed her new boyfriend'. She'd argued to Fara that he was acceptable collateral damage and calmly took a nap before she expected to personally order the strike that would've killed him. In her mind his death in the context of nailing Haqquani was righteous. When everything went off the rails and suddenly her actions (which it was evident she had qualms about) had resulted in nothing more than the death of a relative innocent, that's when (and why) she cracked, IMO.

Genuinely great Wire level writing has never been this shows strong suit. :lol: I haven't enjoyed the show this much since it went off the rails mid season 2, though.

They were able to follow Haqqani and Saul to Haqqani's house but then lost them when they went over to Afghanistan under cover of darkness.

I agree with you that Carrie considered Aayan expendible, but him being killed in cold blood by his uncle was not what she had in mind. Also she did make the right call when she ordered the drone pilot to take the shot, Quinn should not have intervened.

this season is pretty good but I don't think the story is as interesting as it was with brody.

They haven't come up with anything more interesting than that story line, but it overstayed it's welcome by at least a season. And Brody himself was never interesting enough to balance out the unfathomable amount of screen time allotted to his family.

The first half of this week's episode reminded me of 24 (in a good way). Also, it seems that Peter Quinn will turn into Jack Bauer for next week's episode.

I hated Season 3. Hated it. But my mom was sad to see Brody and his storyline die, probably because my mom has a crush on Damien Lewis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...