Question about The Spaghetti Incident?

Why would they name an album after a spaghetti incident that was about Steven, .... Steven was fired, and not part of the band anymore. Was it supposed to be negative or positive for Steven?

Edited by LyndaRose

Steven mentioned "The spaghetti incident" in his lawsuit against the other GNR members. I don't recall it all, but I think they had a food fight where they were throwing spaghetti at each other and that was referred to as "the spaghetti incident" by Steven and they were basically making fun of it.

Steven mentioned "The spaghetti incident" in his lawsuit against the other GNR members. I don't recall it all, but I think they had a food fight where they were throwing spaghetti at each other and that was referred to as "the spaghetti incident" by Steven and they were basically making fun of it.

The story I heard was about someone eating Steven's spaghetti out of the fridge and him throwing a fit. Meh, who cares. The ramblings of a bitter fired burnout. Shitty album title, mediocre (at best) album....proof that the magic had gone.

I don't think it was positive or negative. I think it was, as mentioned, just an inside joke, and it was GNR kind of goofing around and having fun, as the whole covers album seemed to be anyway. I'll admit I thought the title was stupid when I didn't know the album, but once I took the time to listen to it, and now really love it, I think its a perfect title.

How they came about it, I have no idea. Cause Steven is out of the band so its weird to mention an incident that 1. nobody gets, and 2. that isn't part of the present lineup. My only guess is since it came up in the lawsuit, which happened around the time the covers album was released, it was just on their minds (most likely Axl's) and he thought it was such a ridiculous accusation that he figured he'd immortalize it with an album title.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Linguini_Incident

Being a covers album intended as something fun for the band and as a way to introduce a new generation to the songs that inspired Guns, it is fitting that the album title and cover art is a play on a movie that had came out a couple of years previously.

I'm assuming the food fight indeed has something to do with it, and they probably thought both ideas came together nicely.

EDIT: More explanations: http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/4037/Guns-N-Roses-"The-Spaghetti-Incident"/

Edited by Amish

In Steven's lawsuit he had a part called The spaghetti incident, where someone in the band ate his spaghetti without asking, as to show that the band did things without asking his permission.

That's why there's a question mark at the end of the title. As in when it was mentioned in the lawsuit, their reaction was "WTF? The spaghetti incident?"