2012 R&RHOF - Mr. Brownstone

I can't believe some of you guys actually still think a band name means anything beyond something to put on a ticket in order to sell it. 'Fake Guns'. God, how infantile can you get. Lineup changes before Appetite, lineup changes between Appetite and Illusions, lineup changes during the Illusions tour, lineup changes after Illusions, lineup changes during CD tour, yeah, the point at which you called a wahhhmbulance because your favorite member fucked off, then it became 'Fake Guns'. Sure, that makes sense.

Why do you care? If you think people are being 'infantile' by calling Axl's band "fake Guns", then you're being just as infantile by questioning them. You should care and only care about what the band represents and is to you. If you believe that Axl's band is "Guns N' Roses", then why do you care if other people don't? There's a lot of reason why people think Axl's band is NOT Guns N' Roses. At the end of the day, like you said, Axl owns the name so, again, why do you care?

Everyone who has bought a Guns N' Roses ticket in the last several years knows they're seeing Axl and his band play Guns N' Roses songs. That's all there is to it.

Guns N' Roses last performance was in Argentina, 1993. I don't know what "last several years" you're talking about.

I saw Axl's band in 2010, though. Great show. My ticket said "Guns N' Roses" but I knew that I wasn't seeing "Guns N' Roses", just Axl with unknown musicians playing other people's material for money. Did that take away any single enjoyment I had at the show? Nope. It was a blast. Axl sounded great and so did the band.

Either way, its been almost 20 fucking years, are you still so damn butthurt about it that you can't let a day go by without bringing it up? Mommy and daddy are never getting back together kids.

People can say whatever they want in the forum, that's why this forum is the best GN'R forum, because you can freely share your opinion without being censored, unless you start name calling people.

When you say "mommy and daddy" (really childish analogy), I believe you're thinking that, somehow, people want to see REAL Guns N' Roses together again? Wake up buddy, nobody cares anymore. The reunionists have left the building long time ago.

Axl owns the name. If you don't like it, tough shit. Don't go to the gigs, don't support the band. Deal with it, get out of your arrested development and stop being so damn tedious.

Nobody can't fight that. Axl owns the name, it's just about what he did with the name in all these years -- other than being fat, out of breath and embarrassing himself on stage.

You're being tedious by trying to police the forum and telling people what they should or should not do or say. Again, this is a free speech forum. If you don't like it, I'm not telling you to do it, but maybe other Gn'R forums would suit you better. Taking a look doesn't hurt. One thing is certain, though, nobody is going to say "oh yeah, tomfriend is right, I should immediately change my tune!", so, really, stop trying. Others have tried that ol' tired routine and ended up banned or leaving. :shrugs: